How Many Practice Hours

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Momsoccertaxi, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    The response you posted was from a podiatric medicine site.

Googling further: “It is important to know the difference between a podiatrist and an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle if you are seeking care for a foot and ankle problem. ... Podiatrists attend podiatry school and typically complete a brief residency thereafter. As such, podiatrists are not medical doctors (MDs).”

I’ve heard as high as 65% but google says 50+% of all applicants get into podiatry school...4-10% get into medical school.

2. Soccerfamily9

Soccerfamily9 New Member

NYRB
    United States
    Aug 26, 2018
    Very interesting...
    Thanks for the tips, we haven’t had any issues thus far but those are definitely things to keep in mind.

3. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to post a few times before you're allowed to start a thread. I believe it's 10 posts.

Soccerfamily9 repped this.
  4. Soccerfamily9

Soccerfamily9 New Member

NYRB
    United States
    Aug 26, 2018
  5. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    My responses were not to condemn podiatrists...there are several things they can treat and they are easier to get an appointment.

True foot injuries should be referred to an ortho.

6. StrikerMom

StrikerMom Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Yes - of course! Foot injuries an orthopaedic. I was thinking more preventative - phyios and trainers don't always focus on the shoes, feet and your running gait - those are important when you're putting in the hours that the poster's daughter is. Soccer shoes aren't very supportive and artificial grass isn't forgiving.

mwulf67 repped this.
  7. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Agreed. We have used both.