How many of you guys play football games on console?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, May 8, 2003.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I know most of you pretty well and have noticed most are very knowledgeable and live breathe and eat football.

So how many of you guys also play football games on your consoles/pcs and what game/games do you have?

I've been various playing incarnations of I.S.S since the very first one in 1994. Also dabbling in the terrible virtua striker games when at an arcade or pub waiting for a big game to start on the tv. I'm guessing there are a few Championship Manager fanatics amongst you also...step forward :D

It's funny becuase through the ability to create your own teams on these consoles you can try out various formations/tactics and players together you would like to see on your own real life team and what not.

Winning Elven 6/ Pro Evolution Soccer 2 has many national tournaments across the world at huge Halls with often over 256 people entering and 100's of spectators how many of you guys are involved in such leagues?

Come on out :D don't be shy.

D.S

2. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I play Champ Man, and have played every edition since it came out. I also used to play alot of FIFA on the Playstation.

3. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    ISS is king of football games and always has been.

4. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    we/pes all the way. once you taste it, you'll never go back to fifa

5. Championship mAnager first, took Rushden from the conference to prem champions in consecutive champions then 5 European Cups before uninstallin it. Brought it again for console along with ISS Pro, the latest one. Sick.

6. InterSoccr6

InterSoccr6 New Member

Nov 12, 2001
    Ohio
    as far as authenticity of gameplay, Fifa is number one. I dont care what any of you say, Fifa is the only game as well thats has official team licenses and permission from sponsors to put their names on the kits to even further the authenticity.

7. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ISS Rules!

8. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I play Winning Eleven. Its very customizable and the masters league format is awesome. EA could take a few lessons from Konami on this one.

9. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Are any of you involved in professional I.S.S Leagues?

HUGE events with massive audiences.

10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Professional leagues? People get paid to play Winning Eleven? Talk about a dream gig. I'm not good enough, tho.

Here's my footy game history:

Mid-80s- Nintendo arcade game in public arcades

Late 80s- Soccer on 8-bit Nintendo system

Early-mid 90s- FIFA International Soccer on Sega Genesis

Late 90s- FIFA RTWC '98 (a great game, as EA goes), W/C '98 & FIFA '99 on N64

2000- present- FIFA 2000 & 2001 on PSX, WTS, FIFA 2003 and finally, the true revelation of WE6 on PS2

11. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I just bought Winning Eleven 6 for the PS2. I havnt played it yet. Have any of you played it yet? If you have what are your thoughts...

12. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got it, I think it's terrific. The gameplay and graphics are similar to FIFA 2003 (the only other game I own); but the customizability and AI is about a million times better, it's actually somewhat challenging even in easy mode.