How many Juggles can you do?

Discussion in 'Player' started by Bobbyswe, Oct 21, 2006.

1. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i did 213 the other day

2. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    1, both feet.

3. socafan

socafan New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    my son 12 yrs old l/r foot only high is 1260 and on his head is 100

nicklaino repped this.
  4. Marcus26

Marcus26 New Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo

5. Marcus26

Marcus26 New Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I got over 5000 today.

6. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I asked a semi pro this and he said about 10,000. Makes you wonder how many top class pros can do...

7. Keegan Wood

Keegan Wood New Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Admittedly, 0 typically. I think my record is 5. Reason being I never do 'em, as I prefer actual play experience for everything. Anyone can hit a stationary ball into an open net like you see guys doing on Youtube all the time, it's a whole different thing to be able to finish it while it's in play. My mentality is to always focus first on the things you'll actually need to do. If I'm by myself, I'll hit the ball firmly against the wall, keeping a consistent rhythm and switching receiving with the inside and outside of my foot. For improving my touch on the top of my foot, I'll toss the ball in the air and settle it. Walking while lifting the ball with each step also helps this.

8. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once you get past about 50, the number becomes almost meaningless, because it's more a test of endurance (or how long you feel like continuing) than technical ability at that point. IIRC, Freddie Ljungberg said he had never been past 10. He probably could have done a lot more, but never bothered to. My record is 12, for the same reason: usually no later than the third or fourth touch, I'll pick a target somewhere around me (either a pass to another player or a shot on a spot on a wall) and set the ball up for a volley.

9. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    In my opinion you don't get the technical benefits of juggling unless you do it for a continuous session of about an hour. Juggling for 10 minutes is a warm-up in my mind. There are so many surfaces you could juggle with in different patterns.

Try this...

Using just one foot surface juggle 360 degrees to your right, then reverse direction and juggle 360 degrees to your left. The reversal is part of the juggling pattern.

If you do intelligent, game like juggling you will find that even an hour is not enough to cover everything.

Actually, juggling is very valuable as you teach yourself to stay relaxed and to think "what now?" Between ball bounces.

10. Shrekt

Shrekt New Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can do 576 with my right and 360 kan kans

11. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Well, the method mentioned by OP is in fact the easiest for me. The only thing limiting me is the stamina, as I never drop the ball juggling it with main foot, on 2 inches height. The other foot is standing still, and is the one that gives up first. If I support myself by holding the goal post, or a wall, I can do more, than standing in the field. Well, I am old :p

12. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe less their was an American who held the Genesis world record for juggles at a camp I helped run. I forget his name, but he could not play the real game for sh t :)

His highest level of play was indoor soccer when the arrows were playing on Long Island. He was not good enough to make the arrows.

13. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For the guy that said 5000 who was counting the juggles you? If you lose count do you start over?

I am an old guy but I love to juggle it's fun. I can watch tv on a chair or sitting on a floor and juggle for an hour or more. I take my grand daughter to the park we don't take my car and I juggle to the park. She loves when I do that. My wife hates when I juggle in the house. But my kids and the grand kids love it. I can start my juggling with a rainbow. I do it in the great room nice and high that room.

I watch a lot of the old westerns love to juggle while I am watching those shows like Zorro starring Guy Williams.

14. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was this back in the 70's? Was his first name Roman?

15. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It can help you in games for example bring down high balls on the first touch and scoring on the second touch. If you mess up the first touch your not scoring on your second touch.

I loved Jurgen Klinnesman as a player hate him as a coach. But he had a move getting an on the ground pass with his right foot from the pressure side then lifting the ball up onto his left foot and volley in for a goal on his less pressured side.

Fun practice is juggle a few times then turn an shoot the ball against a hand ball wall.

16. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    May be not too many.I will try and write you here next time we play.

17. Shrekt

Shrekt New Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    is there any 13yr old on here???? cuhs I don't know the average a 13yr old shud be able to do I cn do 576 plz tell me if this is good

18. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Don't know what Genesis record is, but we have a guy in Poland, Janusz Chomontek, who helds 17 Guinness World Records related to juggling. For example he walked the distance of 62 miles (100km) juggling. It took him 18 hours, but he didn't drop the ball even once. Once in a TV show he juggled a tabble tennis ball 12000 times during half hour period, just for fun.

Now he is in his late 40s, but he always admits that he was never able to play good, even on average level.

So, it is more like a circus trick, than a crucial skill for soccer.
    If anything, I think recieving hundreds of thousands of passes will develop a skill for juggling as a side effect, but it doesn't work the opposite way.
    Well, maybe it does a little, but only to some point.

19. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I meant Guinness but I never finished HS got thrown out my senior year for beating up a class mate I thought stole a textbook of mine.

What juggling does is give you a good ball touch that comes in handy when bring down a high pass on the first touch then you could score on the second touch. Make a bad touch on the first sometimes you won't have enough time and space to score on the third touch.

20. Shrekt

Shrekt New Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    is there any 13yr old on here???? cuhs I don't know the average a 13yr old shud be able to do I cn do 576 plz tell me if this is good

21. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I think this is good for your age even great.

22. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If you're real good, you measure juggling in minutes. :D

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  23. Sarah ava

Sarah ava Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Club: