How Do You Want The Semifinals Of The Capital One Cup To Be?

Discussion in 'Cups & Competitions' started by EvanJ, Jan 7, 2014.

?

How Do You Want The Semifinals Of The Capital One Cup To Be?

1. One game at a random host

42.9%
  2. Two legs (the current format)

14.3%
  3. One game at Wembley

42.9%
  1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England eliminates home field advantage in the FA Cup and Capital One Cup starting with the Semifinals. The FA Cup plays Semifinals and Final at Wembley. The Capital One Cup plays Semifinals in two legs and Final at Wembley. Vote for how you want the Semifinals of the Capital One Cup to be. I vote for one game at Wembley.

2. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 SJJ, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Not the most important question in the sport, but I'll put in my two shillings. I voted for single match, drawn. (You might even change this to single game, awarded to the lower-ranked team.)

The FA overspent on the Wembly, so they have to maximize their use of it; so they moved the SF's of the FA Cup to there. And, remember, they own the place. Moving the SF's there is OK by me. So they are garunteed three matches there every year, plus the five for WCQ / EuroQ every two years. (They may play other matches there: youth and women's, but I'm not that sure. Didn't they also hold some Olympic matches there? [But those are once a century, of course.] And they applied to host the Euro 2020 SF's and F there.)

The Football League are renters there. They have four matches that I know of: the League Cup final, and the playoff finals of their three divisions. Will changing the Cup SF's from four matches (on home fields) to two matches (grounds that they don't own themselves) benefit them any (from the box office standpoint)?

3. heinsryan

heinsryan Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think Sunderland realistically have a chance at the Capital One Cup? And what role do you think Altidore will play?

4. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Come on sunderland!! Just do what Wigan did last year!