Houston Dynamo v. FC Dallas, Saturday, May 4

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Apr 28, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed May 3, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No matter what, we still don't live in Dallas.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Who: Houston Dynamo v. FC Dallas
    When: Saturday, May 4 @ 3:00 pm CDT
    Where: BBVA Compass Stadium; Houston, TX
    Records: FC Dallas (5-2-2), 4th place WEST
    Houston Dynamo (5-1-1), 5th place WEST
    TV: Univision/Twitter (KXLN-45 locally)
    Radio: HoustonDynamo.com/radio / 1010 AM Univision Radio (spanish)

This is the 8th league game for Houston and the 10th for Dallas in the 2019 MLS regular season.

The Dynamo had two draws at home, both 1-1, and a loss, 4-2, at Dallas in 2018. Houston has not beaten FCD since March of 2016. Houston has one win over Dallas in the last 17 games in all competitions although there were six draws in that stretch. The teams will play again this year in Frisco on August 24.

Dallas is 3-1-1 in their last five games scoring 9 goals and allowing 6. Their most recent game was a home draw, 0-0, against San Jose on April 27. FCD is 2-2-0 in road games so far this year. After the Dynamo game they next host NY Red Bulls on Saturday, May 11.

The Dynamo are 4-1-0 in their last five MLS games scoring 12 goals and allowing 6. Houston is 4-0-1 in league home games this year, 5-1-1 overall.

The Dynamo next travel to Seattle on May 11 and then return home to host Portland on Wednesday, May 15, and DC United on Saturday, May 18.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    FCD @ Dynamo, all-time:

05/06/06 HOU 4-3 FCD
    08/12/06 HOU 1-0 FCD
    08/23/06 HOU 3-0 FCD, U.S. Open Cup
    06/03/07 HOU 2-1 FCD
    08/19/07 HOU 1-0 FCD
    11/02/07 HOU 4-1 FCD (a.e.t.), MLS Playoffs
    04/06/08 HOU 3-3 FCD
    06/26/08 HOU 1-1 FCD
    05/09/09 HOU 1-0 FCD
    05/05/10 HOU 0-1 FCD
    05/28/11 HOU 2-2 FCD
    06/16/12 HOU 2-1 FCD
    04/05/14 HOU 1-4 FCD
    06/24/14 HOU 2-3 FCD (a.e.t.), U.S. Open Cup
    05/01/15 HOU 1-4 FCD
    03/12/16 HOU 5-0 FCD
    07/20/16 HOU 0-1 FCD, U.S. Open Cup
    08/27/16 HOU 1-3 FCD
    06/23/17 HOU 1-1 FCD
    07/21/18 HOU 1-1 FCD
    08/23/18 HOU 1-1 FCD

That is 10-6-5 overall with 37 goals scored and 31 allowed.

This will be the 40th game between the teams in all competitions. That trails only the 41 games against Kansas City.

3. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    El Capitán standings, Houston leads 7-6:

2006: HOU 2-1-1
    2007: HOU 3-0-1
    2008: FCD 0-0-3 (away goals 4-2)
    2009: HOU 2-1-0
    2010: FCD 1-0-1
    2011: HOU 1-0-1
    2012: HOU 1-0-0
    2013: FCD 1-0-0
    2014: FCD 1-0-0
    2015: FCD 3-0-0
    2016 HOU 1-1-1 (g.d. +3)
    2017 HOU 0-0-3 (holder retains)
    2018 FCD 1-0-2

Current El Capitán citeria:

1. Head-to-head regular season series (W-L-T)
    2. Head-to-head goal differential in regular season series
    3. Result of playoff series (if applicable)
    4. Result of CONCACAF Champions League series (if applicable)
    5. Result of SuperLiga playoff match (if applicable)
    6. Result of SuperLiga group match (if applicable)
    7. Result of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup match (if applicable)
    8. Holder retains trophy

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there some sort of commission-based multilevel marketing plan that the Dynamo push out to their superfans? Because otherwise some folks seem a wee bit obsessed about perceived slights to our orange team.

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Weather forecast for Saturday afternoon.

At 3 pm CDT:

83F
    56% humidity
    wind 5 mph NNW
    Mostly cloudy
    21% chance of rain

It looks like there is a good chance of thunderstorms overnight and early in the morning on Saturday but the rain will mostly move out in the afternoon. Rain chances fall to 7% by 5 pm.

7. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where you need to lay off him. Political gibberish and blind at times fanboying aside, he is absolutely right. I retweeted every single one of those tweets, because we need as many people in the seats as possible.

We can't use the excuse right now that the team sucks, because at this point they don't. It's time to start helping get people in the seats again.... it pains me to go to every game and see more people at a high school graduation than I do there.

Dynam0, CeltTexan and *rey* repped this.
  8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but the forecast alone will be used as an excuse for the poor attendance.

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s twitter harassed every sports anchor in town, pretty sure that just annoys them. By the way, the “excuses” are on the FO and ownership’s side, the fans who are not turning out or not coming back all have been given valid reasons for their decisions over the last 5 years. Those aren’t “excuses” from the fans, those are causative factors.

The notion that attendance is down solely due to the team on the field is wrong - it’s partially 4 of 5 years playoff misses and partially because they drove off loyal paying customers thru cheapness, poor service, and tricks like the guaranteed price with an opt-out in July for the following year. Canetti being gone should help, but the owner’s lack of investment is still a problem

CeltTexan repped this.
  10. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well if they did a better job at covering the team people wouldn't call them out.... checks and balances...

People can't say we suck and that's why I am not going. We don't. I heard it for the last 5 years... yes there are other things that are the problem but none of it is fixed over night.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But there’s nothing in the last 5 years of history that show that it will be fixed. It can be fixed quickly with money and skill.

Season ticket holder for 11 seasons before dropping haven’t gotten a call from the team asking about purchasing tickets in 18 months - never had Astros season tickets but purchased some thru team in the past (and they have my StubHub purchase history for those) and THEY are calling trying to sell me tickets.

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally missed this - many members of the Orange Kool Aid Brigade getting indignant about an FCD tweet which in fairness if you read what the Dynamo published was never said to be a memorial to Ponce. Social media silliness. Folks looking to get angry over something.

My favorite is the guy who claims the Dynamo will be more motivated because of this slight to Leo because the squad knew him, which makes no sense because almost the entire squad wasn’t on the roster before he passed.

http://mobile.twitter.com/FCDallas/status/1124119884676440064

13. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OBG, Beasley and I believe Manotas were here when he passed.

I knew Leo personally as a couple others in here did... I don't think they did it intentionally as a slight, but the fact they have been made aware that this wasn't just bought, so we can have one of our own and they still haven't taken it down is annoying. This won't more motivation... that's just emotional reaction from fans

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ponce would message me here - only one who got my WWE references.

I’d feel more like you except the Dynamo social media crew has historically been full of edgy snarky stuff to seem cool and tweak Dallas to get cheap upvotes.

15. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    they mustve taken it down. anyone have a screenshot?

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m sure the Orange Kool Aid crew has one. Dallas issued an apology. Just goes to show you how 10-20 snowflakes on social media make something a big deal over nothing and extort an apology out of someone. And the fat guy from GenOrange Radio who has 9 people listen to his stream somehow had influence!!!

17. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    but sometimes the apology is warranted. that they took it down means it was in poor taste. you can't sht on our orange koolaid drinkers and give a pass to the fcd culeros.

BTW, i normally don't care about rivalries as to me the lamest thing you can do is acknowledge your rival even exists. BUT in making yearly trips to Frisco from 2006 - 201x-ish i personally witnessed some bullsht behavior from Dallas fans, Dallas FO employees, Dallas media people in the press box AND most disturbingly perhaps a civil rights* violation by an off-duty Frisco PD. these clowns don't deserve our sympathy.

*dont even start the race sht. a rights violation is a rights violation and i know donkeys, elephants, and especially Libertarians believe in due process.

bford and naranjableeder repped this.
  18. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naaa - It was just Leo reaching out from beyond the grave and stirring up $hit :).

Dallas had no way of knowing that the orange cannon was to honor Leo as the Dynamo never mentioned it when they made the announcement on March 2. Their response to the orange cannon was just some snark - but once they found out the actual reason for the cannon then they did the right thing. Leo would be laughing his arse off about all of this

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t speak to all of your experiences, I always maintain the 2007 playoff game vs Dallas at Robertson is the single best Dynamo game/event in the club’s history.

They took it down because of the whining. I’d be surprised they knew it was “a memorial” because honestly the Dynamo isn’t clear on what it is

20. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen some crappy behavior on both sides, some of that crappy behavior was amongst different groups of Dynamo supporters and directed at each other. Yep Dallas probably overreacted on some of those occasions, but it was more in the way of drawing a line.
    Never witnessed a civil rights violation, but there's an old LE saying - "you may beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride". And really, the simplest way to avoid any confrontation or misunderstanding with LE is to follow directions given by an LE officer. Last time I went to an away Dallas game everything seemed to be pretty tame.

*rey* repped this.
  21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole kerfluffle is very Dynamo - buying an inauthentic toy cannon to create a “game day tradition”, dedicating it the memory of a deceased Dynamo supporter but never totally making clear that it is a memorial-type item instead of a goal horn, knowing that if the team could have sold the sponsorship rights to it (say the Bud Light Cannon) they would have done so

22. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Match preview:

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2019-05-04-houston-dynamo-vs-fc-dallas/preview

HOUSTON
    [​IMG]
    • Injury Report:
      • OUT: DaMarcus Beasley (D) - left knee injury
      • OUT: Eric Bird (M) - left ankle injury
      • OUT: Marlon Hairston (F) - right hip injury
      • OUT: Ronaldo Peña (F) - left knee injury
      • QUESTIONABLE: Romell Quioto (F) - right knee injury
    • Suspended: None
    • Suspended after next caution: None
    • International duty: None

DALLAS
    [​IMG]

• Injury Report:
      • OUT: Cristian Colmán (F) - left ACL tear
      • OUT: Francis Atuahene (F) - left ruptured pectoral muscle
      • OUT: Bressan (D) - hamstring strain
      • OUT: Paxton Pomykal (M) - hamstring injury
    • Suspended: None
    • Suspended after next caution: Michael Barrios (M)
    • International duty: None
    OFFICIALS
    • Referee: Alan Kelly
    • Assistant Referees: Claudiu Badea, Matthew Nelson/li>
    • 4th Official: Victor Rivas
    • VAR: Christina Unkel

*rey* repped this.
  23. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #23 CeltTexan, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Line up in solid. Would like a fully fit Cabezas however. Allows Boni to free roam more ahead of him, link up more with Martinez ahead of him.

Again, I had to step up and catch one of BBVA Stadium attendes as she was shoved by a member of FC Southern Oklahoma's fanboys all looking for the old smoking lot at halftime to stir shit up. After I helped her and got those clowns to egress , they retreated and took to cussin' any female or lil' boy or girl in orange they could.
    Fuc{ Dallas on all levels!
    And yes, I will co-sign on what rey mentioned on FCD security and or game day staff, they look to stir shit up when our city is in their town. Not to mention that over the years their FCD front office will move the fixture date between us to a Thursday night. Looking to handcuff our travelling contingent, such is the manner that our culture can and does show up in their house and dominates the atmosphere in their own ground! Hahaha!
    We also have won silverware on their home ground. This never sits well with them.

On Leo, knowing him very well. He would laugh his ass off at any attention given to him. He was always all in for the sport, for our players. Dynamo, Astros quien sea!
    He would be to deaf from music to hear anything from up I-45 way!

DALE DYNAMO n FOREVER ORANGE! !!

bford and *rey* repped this.
  24. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    celt texan - remember it got so bad that Dynamo stadium ops would travel to Dallas away games to help us against their over reacting F.O. personal?

ironically most of the time their rent-a-cop stadium security would sit back and laugh at the antics. it was the FCD employees who would do everything in their power to "provoke". i'll say it again. fk those cool arrows.

CeltTexan and ElNaranja repped this.
  25. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 CeltTexan, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Correct!
    What needs to be remembered in our Region III soccer culture is that Dallas has always had a leg up in being an original MLS club and certainly their powerful Metroplex youth soccer scene.
    Yet us in Houston showed up and MLS HQ, Commish Garber n Co., they came down to witness that famous return leg between us n FCD in 2007. I was walking in with Texian Army and El Batallon and Oliver Luck was watching us with Canetti. Don Garber was there next to them. I literally did the most Texan thing, I walked up to Don Garber, Oliver introduced me to the Commish. I hugged the man n said welcome to soccer in the South!
    Oliver smiled. Garber smiled. We kept on marching in to our old Rob. Then that night! Fish scores early but we roll on to win!
    Word got back to me later that MLS HQ changed their outlook on MLS supporter groups from that season on. DCU n Chicago from the 90's on, well Graber n the MLS suits viewed those cultures as fanboys that were to be tolorated. Oliver convinced Garber that what all of us in Houston had generated for De Ro n Ching and our boys was the vehicle to move MLS from some American NASL relaunch into what we know and love MLS has become. A Tier 1 professional soccer league with an incredible supporter culture to match. We did this in the South! Not Dallas. Not Orlando. Not Atlanta. Us in Gulf Coast U.S.A. Were pro soccer was supposed to be average at best. Dice AEG in 2005.
    Wow how things have changed in MLS!