Houston Dynamo v. FC Dallas, Friday, June 23

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2017.
  1. Dynamo win

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cold beer and a football rivalry on a Friday night!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    This is kind of a tough schedule stretch so I am content with ties LAG and DAL but I'm going to be interested how Gold Cup month plays out and whether Cabrera earns his money with a few weeks of short rosters.

2. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you referring to the FO mismanagement of the on-field product that has the team in 2nd place in the Western Conference?

Hope they can F it up some more and get us in 1st place!!!

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 years no playoffs, forgot that disaster in a league where top 60% qualifies? Signing Barnes to a DP contract then trading him 8 months later for nothing? why don't you hold off until Dynamo actually make the playoffs before you get snarky.

BTW, the East actually is stronger right now and our 2nd in West is only 6th overall

Hydro and TX Bill repped this.
  4. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    clark (as usual), AJ- incredible games. Dylan impressed me as well.

Manotas- not sure what all the hype is. the physical talent appears to be there but he is far too often "cute" with the ball and far too often makes either slow or bad decisions. i'm hoping time and maturity bring him above what he is now and he doesn't turn into stumbledore.

Cabezas- terrible game. time and again bad decisions, bad passes, bad clearances. not impressed with him from what i've seen- either this game or all year

overall happy with the point. still second place in the west and one of the single best teams in the league. Very pleased and think this team is generally kick ass!!

PS

absolute garbage ass referring this game.

Heft repped this.
  6. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Manotas was getting in down the right side better than Quioto first half. Kindnof disappeated second half but so did Cubo. Not enough movement in the second half due to exhausted players

Quioto looks out of shape still compared to Manotas or Ellis

7. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Yeah the reffing was out to lunch. No blood no foul. The one where we got scissored high up the leg was just a yellow. I felt like I was back in 90s international play.

We need a big striker sub who can come in when teams are getting back so we have an option against an entrenched defense. Right now we can beat teams in transition or off a kick but struggle to create when they sit back.

I think Sanchez is a poor poor poor man's Davis, no speed, all technique (and moderate at that), and his issue is there is no big lunk to finish what he does. If you're trying to find Torres with a cross, going to be a long day.

8. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry mate but they had their chance to build upon a solid base, a base which the current front office has unarguably allowed to decline. I'm sure there's a political analogy there somewhere but I'd like to keep my posting privileges.

I was a season ticket holder since day one. Emphasis on "was." I'll complain all I want about a clueless front office, one that has zero experience in learning from fans and from mistakes.

Mark my words, if the current ownership continues on this track with who they have running the club, the club won't be here within the next five to seven years. A point of no return will have been passed.

Hydro and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  9. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think 2nd place (currently) has solved all the problems, then I'm going to argue you haven't been paying much attention over the past four or five years.

Hydro and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  10. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a side note, it was criminal for Wilmer not to start Alex in the center over Boniek. Your player of the year last season should be out on the pitch. Call me crazy.

11. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's sat just about all attacking starters at some point. Don't let your attacking players get too comfortable. I don't think this is a long term thing.

Heft repped this.
  12. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Obviously the Houston Dynamo are not the finished product yet. I think that they are getting close with the players, and the enhanced coaching. The Dynamo need to do good business in the next two windows by holding on to the newer players that came in, while adding quality in the midfield. It's not our year yet.

Hydro and 7seven7 repped this.
  13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the hinchada was in full voice and packed for derby night in Texas!!! What a show of support by all in attendance, it was a fun night and felt like the good ol' days of seasons past.
    However, our players, specifically our defense seemed to just mail it in over the second half. A blind man coulda seen that Dallas had a goal in 'em on the night and that our players needed to really dig deep n keep a clean sheet or at least score two goals to find the full 3 points if and when they score their goal on the night.
    Our subbing of Sanchez had me head scratching for sure.
    Our shape was executed well however, the lack of off the ball movement in our final third doomed our team to not being able to find a second goal.
    A tie in a derby match is always gonna leave a bitter beer face taste, more so when it is at home.

ON TO THE OPEN CUP!!!

DALE DYNAMO!!!

DO you honestly think that the suits in our FO have any relevant input on how our Starting XI lines up for kickoff and thus how each player plays their game according to how our FO has instructed them in their roles.
    Or are you able to just leave the improvement of our team on the field down to better players and certainly better permanent head coach.

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. A back to the goal, tree trunk of old school center forward is what our team needs late when teams pack it in and sort out our smaller forwards with their big center backs, specifically how Dallas and Seattle are able to do this as the second half wears on. Doesn't have to be a Brian Ching but just a man with similar back to goal, post up tools in his arsenal.