Houston Dash Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by ImaPuppy, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Taking back the country is no longer racist

"We have to win back the Congress," Hillary Clinton said Friday. "I’ll be there with you every step of the way because we are going to take back the country we love."

nbrooks503 repped this.
  2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m waiting for someone to link ERob to the Santa Fe shooting - they already have gone overboard on every other gun issue today

3. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Racist? Perhaps not. But definitely color is involved.

An old white woman trying to take something from an old orange man.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. - MLK

I guess both lose out on the character bit

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The left wing social justice warrior NWSL unpaid media is trying to keep the story alive but it’s slowly fading, mainly because no one cares about the NWSL. They’ll try to keep planting it in more mainstream places

Claire Watkins
    @ScoutRipley

As the Dash drop another one in Utah, wanted to briefly bump my piece from earlier this week grappling with Houston's issues that ripple far past on-field performance #NWSL #UTAvHOU -

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2018 NWSL Week 8 results:

Saturday, May 20
    Utah Royals 1-0 Houston Dash
    Washington Spirit 0-1 Portland Thorns
    Sky Blue 1-2 North Carolina Courage
    Seattle Reign 0-0 Chicago Red Stars

Standings:

1. NCC 9 g.p. 23 pts +9 g.d.
    2. SEA 7 g.p. 14 pts +5 g.d.
    3. ORL 8 g.p. 12 pts +1 g.d.
    4. POR 9 g.p. 12 pts +0 g.d.
    -----------------------------
    5. CHI 10 g.p. 12 pts +1 g.d.
    6. UTR 8 g.p. 11 pts +2 g.d.
    7. HOU 9 g.p. 7 pts -6 g.d.
    8. WAS 8 g.p. 5 pts -5 g.d.
    9. SKY 6 g.p. 1 pts -7 g.d

6. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2018 NWSL Week 9:
    Times are CDT
    Coverage is go90 unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, May 23
    Orlando Pride v. North Carolina Courage 6:30 pm
    Washington Spirit v. Sky Blue FC 6:30 pm
    Houston Dash v. Seattle Reign 7:00 pm

Friday, May 25
    Portland Thorns v. Utah Royals 9:30 pm

Saturday, May 26
    Chicago Red Stars v. Orlando Pride 2:30 pm Lifetime
    Sky Blue v. Seattle Reign 6:00 pm

Sunday, May 27
    Houston Dash v. Washington Spirit 6:00 pm

Every team plays at least once. Orlando, Washington, Sky Blue, Houston, and Seattle play twice.

Heft repped this.
  7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #607 Westside Cosmo, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Well, seems the Dash in the first game at home since the hiring of Evil Terrorist Eddie Robinson may have set a new low attendance of 2,376.

Maybe instead of 80s night they should have promoted some social justice cause or something related to gun control to help draw additional fans to the game

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Massive crowd on hand at BBVA last night for the Dash game. I know, I know, 2,000 folks at Taste of EaDo enjoying food and drink

[​IMG]

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #609 Westside Cosmo, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Apparently the Mayor of Houston thinks a backup goalkeeper for the Dash is “qualified” to be on some committee on gun violence, of which almost all of the commttee members outside of law enforcement seem to be liberal or activists with a clear bias. Or Art Acevado who believes that the 2nd Amendment should be abolished apparently.

Turner talks about safety of kids and schools as the reason we need this committee but doesn’t have a single educator or schools district person on it!!! It’s all about gun control!!

As someone pointed out, where is the “Committee on School Bus Safety” since children are far more likely to die on a school bus than on a school shooting?

10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Maybe the Houston mayor can take some of Chicago's strict gun laws and use them here, because they work so well.

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  11. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do. The fact that everyone else around them has no gun laws, and moving around a simple task, means that the net effect is minimal

DynamoManiac repped this.
  12. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not interested in getting into a gun debate, however I do have this disease called, "somebody said something wrong, misleading or oversimplified on the internet, I must responditis".

Tossing Chicago around as an example of how gun control doesn't work ignores two very important facts:

1) you can just about walk to Indiana from Chicago and Wisconsin is a very short drive. Those are two states that have some of the weakest gun laws in the country. Guess what happens? It's pretty much like when I was a kid growing up in Chicago and the age to legally buy alcohol in Wisconsin was 18 versus 21 in Illinois. Each weekend there was a caravan of teens driving up to Wisconsin to buy alcohol and then returning to Chicago. When you can drive to Indiana in less than 30 mins and buy guns, the strictest gun laws in the world don't matter. To wit, a 2015 study found 60% of new guns in gang related crimes were bought out of state.

2) Chicago created its own problems. It shut down a number of housing projects in valuable real estate areas. I grew up in Lincoln Park, about a mile away from the infamous Cabrini Green. Cabrini Green is gone now, as are a number of housing project areas on the south side. All the folks from those neighborhoods were crammed into existing project areas elsewhere in the south side. Chicago has some of the most poorly designed public housing anywhere in the world, which by itself creates problems. But what the city did was put rival gangs on top of one another, so guess what happens?

Due in large part to its gun laws, Chicago has one of the highest guns recovered per 100k people rate in the country. However, if you have an easy funnel for guns from out-of-state, nothing you can do will matter that much.

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s great and also acknowledges its people’s behavior and not guns that causes the problem. Citing Chicago proves gun control doesn’t work, especially at the municipal level. All of which invalidates Turners’ “committee” as nothing more than a group working to come up with a political statement supporting a forgone conclusion.

Heft repped this.
  14. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem in Chicago has absolutely nothing to do with strict gun laws, or the lack of any gun laws in the States surrounding.

It is societal. Low life's preying on the community. Low life's preying on one another, vying for supremacy. It starts when a child gets up off its hands and knees begins to walk. It continues when that small human being learns that there are no consequences for bad behavior, that it is ok to use force and violence to achieve one's aims, and that pulling a trigger of a gun aimed at someone means absolutely nothing.

Heft and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  15. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It’s only a few minutes from Houston to Woodlands/Conroe

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s all Wisconsin’s fault!!!!

17. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Same reason stricter rules in Houston alone wouldn't work.

18. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I agree. Those type of laws never restrict motivated criminals. They only restrict law abiding citizens.

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then why have a committee? Why appoint all liberals and gun control activists?

20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the Dash could get more people in if they went harder to the left politically - all we see on Twitter is how great the NWSL and their players are for social justice

Paul Kennedy
    @pkedit

Wednesday night games are always problematic, especially on school nights, but these @NWSL attendance figures are very discouraging -- less than 9,000 for 3 games -- given that 2 of the home teams are backed by MLS teams and one of the games was a great matchup, and proved so.

21. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    i finally looked into ticket prices for this weekend's game in an effort to finally make it out to my first Dash game. i never realized sideline tickets run $30-$40 per ticket. probably never going to go to a game for that type of pricing

22. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That surprises me, I remember the most expensive tix being $25.

23. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They added a $10 NWSL Equity Pay Surcharge to all tickets bought by men.

nbrooks503 repped this.
  24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This fake outrage because TNT apparently didn’t know that Ohai played for the Dash and somehow disrespected her is hilarious. This “professional team” she captains drew 2,300 fans on Wednesday night and probably half that actually attended and you expect TNT to acknowledge that? What if JJ Watt was big buddies with Eric Alexander and sat next to him? Would you expect TNT to acknowledge him with Timberlake and Watt??

Haley Carter
    @HalesBells99

Stop. She’s a professional athlete in Houston. She’s played for the @HoustonDash since 2014. You’re not paying attention and that’s your own fault, “Sports Media Watch.”

25. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the only way a woman can be acknowledged beyond being attached to someone else is via a certain number of fans?