Houston Dash Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by ImaPuppy, Oct 5, 2016.

1. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    im not up to speed on KC. did they just rack up a lot of debt? my presumption is that any sale would be an asset sale

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there are some questions about how the last 2 owners in KC ran the team, some sexual harassment allegations, other things that might make someone not want to buy the franchise or legal entity.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome news for the Dash. Looking forward to next season.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2018 NWSL season

https://www.nwslsoccer.com/news/#20...kend-of-march-24-25-schedule-format-announced

Training camps will open February 19 with the regular season starting the weekend of March 24-25. The league will play a 24 game schedule this year ending on September 9. The playoff format will stay the same with 4 teams advancing to the semifinals on September 15-16 and the final on September 22.

There are still 10 teams in the league with the Utah Royals replacing FC Kansas City.

8. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding the article immediately below the season schedule announcement, I hope the trade of Andressinha for Savannah Jordan (Portland) translates into a lot more goals for the Dash!

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #385 Westside Cosmo, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming soon - Piscataway Chapter blockedby.jpg

Levy2k6, Heft and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  11. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hot damn!

The Dash are getting Christen Press...this is awesome news.

Great move by the Dash!

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this statement even remotely real? She took every opportunity she had here to avoid being in Houston and chill in New Jersey or at a paid appearance. I’m sure she’s grateful to Canetti and Brener for allowing her to undercut Waldrums authority as coach - who doesn’t like being able to go over the head of your boss to get time off with no consequences.

A complete joke

http://mobile.twitter.com/CarliLloyd/status/954386076969287680

14. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I had pretty much forgotten that Lloyd even existed.

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this doesn’t speak to the dysfunction that Chris Canetti seems to spawn, not sure what else is I can say - you’d think he’d give the coach he just hired a heads up!!!

“Houston hired Vera Pauw, a Netherlands native who used to coach South Africa’s national team. She called Lloyd to ask about the Dash, and Lloyd had to respond that she had already made her trade request to general manager Chris Canetti.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...amphtml=y&mobi=true&__twitter_impression=true

16. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see Canetti honoring a player's genuine request.

Tough timing on an unknown trade potential/finalization with Lloyd. Last time I checked there was +20 more players than Lloyd on the roster.

Sounds like Lloyd wasn't treated reasonably in her trade to the Dash to begin with.

Happy to see that Lloyd was straight up with Pauw when they spoke.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah right because Lloyd was so committed to the Dynamo for the last 3 years. I think Canetti even praised Lloyd’s “leadership”

18. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blah, de blah, de blah.

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep buying the crap they are selling dude. If you bought Dash tickets the past 4 years, you bought fraudulent merchandise

20. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The NWSL is down to 9 teams for this year. The Boston Breakers have folded.

https://www.chron.com/sports/dynamo...eakers-fold-ahead-of-2018-season-12526033.php

The Breakers had been around since 2008 as part of the WPS, Women's Premier Soccer Elite, and then NWSL.

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting some traction on my prediction the league will fold by 2019. Let’s be real, this is the third team to go under in the last 15 months, RSL saved KC and North Carolina guy saved Western New York. I know MLS struggled, etc, Miami and Tampa Bay, but there was at least Anschutz and Hunts with some vision and deep pockets.

NWSL can’t make it and USSF pays for the national team players!!’ This is an equality/Title IX exercise with real financial losses and without the financial support or subsidy Women’s sports get in college it’s just not long-term feasible.

22. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    There’s growing interest in women’s professional soccer, but the NWSL was too lenient with the Breakers delinquency. They should’ve looked for new owner group sooner.

Women on Twitter see it as an equality issue, tweeting that the women aren’t given enough. I think that they don’t understand that in business you aren’t given much. You have to earn it. If nobody is buying it then keep trying, or do something else. You can’t force people to like woso. I personally like it, but the league will take hits for a long time until it settles in.

23. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NWSL continues to tenaciously keep moving forward. Even when that requires cutting off a sickly branch similarly to the MLS' early days.

Womens soccer certainly does have a steeper climb in US professional sports to reach greater stability.

Heft, not sure where you are coming up with the equality issue comments. Are you accidentally conflating the USA Womens Soccer team with the NWSL?

24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sickly branch just fell off as they were trying to build a treehouse. This is a team that went under and couldn’t be sold (or a sale could not close) and the rest of the league owners and partners wouldn’t even pitch in to keep it afloat for the season.

How many solid leagues lose teams right before preseason starts?