Hotel near Saputo Stadium

Discussion in 'Montreal Impact' started by fairfax4dc, Jun 17, 2015.

1. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    I'm taking the family to see the DC game on August 8. We'll be making the 9 hour trip from DC that day, so want to find a hotel or B&B pretty close to the stadium for that night. Any suggestions? Also, any ideas for dinner close to the stadium?

2. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As a fan who previously traveled to Montreal, I recommend you NOT stay or dine near the stadium, which is in a suburban park area but which is directly accessible by subway to the rest of the city.

When in visited in 2012 I stayed at this hotel on Rue St. Denis:
    http://www.annemasoeuranne.com/hotel/hotel_information_en.html?gclid=CLK_vavzl8YCFQupaQod4r0AOg

It's right near Mount Royal subway station and directly on a lively street with lots of shops and restaurants and local character. It's a great cheap boutique hotel for a single traveling fan, but you might want something more conventional for a family. You could also stay downtown and grab the subway there. Locals may have other hotel ideas for you, but the good news is that there's probably a subway stop near whatever option you choose. So no need to rent a car, either, if you're flying into town.

3. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Unfortunately there aren't a shitload of hotel options around the stadium. Like Don said, get something that's close to a subway (or metro, as they're called here) and that has a good price. Get yourself a weekend subway pass or something similar (I know there are a lot of options for temporary subway passes for families) and don't use your car. Parking is horrific around the stadium and you'll waste a lot of time dealing with crappy Montreal drivers :D

Baton Rouge is a great family oriented place. Cage aux Sports is family oriented as well. Au vieux Duluth is family oriented as well. Actually, there are a lot of family restaurants on Sherbrooke street (which is close to the stadium)

4. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    Thanks, we're looking forward to it

5. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If you don't try Schwartz smoked meat sandwich and a good poutine place, you are missing out

don gagliardi repped this.