Honduras vs USA 10/10/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Sep 6, 2009.

1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    No, it was Noel not realizing that Casey was not gonna be able to head it hard anyways and he should have stayed on his line, and if he was gonna go out, make sure you get a touch on the ball not the heading player.

2. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No luv for Wynalda/Jones/Ramos years?

As a Mexico fan, I liked that team better, maybe just the Donovan factor makes me like these guys less, their names (Tab/Eric/Cobi) were easier for a Mexican as well, none of this Oguche,Landon, DaMarcus

...you are dead right on the bold part...

Need a Uruguay vs Costa Rica thread started pronto, heard it here first.

/p

3. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  4. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A WR pinche chango :D

5. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that team had leadership and talent, but it had holes and lacked depth. Its leadership is an asset the current US side doesnt have, but the current US team has better overall talent nearly everywhere. The only guys on that team that could have been definitive starters are off the top of my head, Tab, Eric, and the US commentator whose name escapes me, a midfielder who played in Europe. They were better coached, and from '93-'95 I thought they were outstanding.

As for Costa Rica. People forget that that Costa Rica team was in a certain way, in a group of death in '02. They had sad sacks China, who only qualified because S. Korea and Japan had autoslots as hosts. But they also dueled Turkey (third place finisher), and Brazil (winner), and tied Turkey, and were the only team in the entire tournament to score twice against Brazil (and the game was 3-2 early in the 2nd half). A very, very good Costa Rican team, I still think Mexico and the US were better by '02 than that Costa Rican Team, but that team could have easily qualified out of probably 2-4 of the groups from that cup (certainly Japan's "sisters of the poor" group).

6. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see Honduras showing well, if they're mentally prepared. This Costa Rica side would get owned unless they landed, perhaps the Host group (which is certainly possible since the host group would likely draw one of the worst teams from the pot with concacaf sides and that could very well be Costa Rica if they advance). Honduras I feel differently about, they have the players, and the team and from time to time except seemingly in ultimate importance world cup qualifyers (which may negate my entire argument lol) the ability to show well in games nobody expects them too. I could see them doing more with a good and with a tough draw than Costa Rica. Mexico, if they are healthy, will be in the knockout rounds. I make no predictions with the US as I have zero faith in Bradley, regardless as to what our bootlick media may think of the mediocrity.

7. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's pretty much exactly what I think too. I picture 2-0 USA, and 2-2 in the Honduras El Salvador game. Honduras need to go out there like there one chance to play in this epic tournament is on the line, if they do that, and show up and play their a game, they will win, and the US should get them in through beating Costa Rica (unless we trot out a joke lineup which currently sounds unlikely due to rumors, and even then, I dont think we'd suffer anything worse than a draw, and Honduras would still advance in that scenario with a win). But if they bring the piss poor form they've shown on the road sporadically (at times they have actually looked okay on the road, @ Mexico twice, @ Canada @ US for a half anyway, and a game they should have won @ T&T), they probably will get a draw or a loss. They need to bring their A game, and if nothing else, at least their catching El Salvador at the end of the line when the wheels fully came off their qualifying campaign.

8. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You can say it like this. If on Friday you had asked Honduras would you like to flip a coin for third place, they would have said "hells no!", if you ask them today, exactly the opposite answer.

/p

9. suazo09

suazo09 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The game wednesday between honduras and El Salvador is a coin toss. 50/50

10. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    be that as it may, it does not only depend on that game.

/p

11. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yes it does you serious think a team thats lower the Mexico beat USA?

12. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He asked for some time to digest the loss, and i said cool, we'll wait until monday.

So, last night close to midnight, I send him his new avatar, sig, location, and his user title. *****************

13. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i guarantee you though that he wouldve been hounding you had you lost the bet.

a bet is a bet. be a man of your word, or hold your word to be cheaper than a pack of chiclets.

1 person likes this.
  14. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of the US~Honduras game?

15. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah. I was actually hoping for a tie, didn't think the U.S. could win, but I new Honduras wasn't going to get past the 10 men defense.

16. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't, I don't think it is easy to beat the US in the US, but it is not impossible, I don't know what kind of depth the US has.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that you guys let it go like that, as much as I make fun and talk crap, I wanted Honduras to go, wanted you guys to see how hard world cup competition is. Also, of the four contenders I think Honduras has the lowest chances in the repechaje, I think Mexico and CRC probably had better chances just based on experience.

I could not watch the whole game, maybe from 20-40 of first half, and you guys were pwning, been there, hate it.

/p

17. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just did a clean up, let's drop the name calling and other insults. I may have missed a few and cleaned up a few extra, but I don't get paid for this.

If you made a bet, pay up. Good luck to either Honduras or Costa Rica - whoever gets to go to South America...

I wish I could comment on the game. I've only seen the highlights, but CC looked better than I've ever seen him before.

1 person likes this.
  18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i didnt even know who the fack conor casey was

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    a fat fk! I dont know if its me or not but that guy FAT.

1 person likes this.
  20. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dude doesn't resemble an athlete in anyway.

Looks like your average chubby dude from the pub.

He almost looked like he had difficulties coordinating his legs in a way that the make him jog.

Even temo looks more athletic imo.

21. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    looks like the typical skinhead :p

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeh... embarrassing.

23. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

ironic, IASocFan, you are so great that you didn't erase the post where I was being insulted.:rolleyes:

Congrats on your teams victory, IASocFan, hopefully you'll get over your power trip soon, or your vendetta against Mexicans.

I'll leave the thread now....

24. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oversight! Fixed!