Honduras vs USA 10/10/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Sep 6, 2009.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Honduras vs USA 10/10/09

2. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Hopefully US will come off a victory in TnT, that way i can fully root for La-H in this game with out worrying about the US getting in trouble.

3. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great Lakes Region (The Other One)
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we can get the win in TnT, this game we're playing with house money here. Although a point would be nice to avoid "needing" to beat CR at home.

Honduras is probably the easiest locale in central america to get a win for the US, but Hondouras has looked absolutely dominant in the 3 of the 4 home qualifiers, so it'll be a tough game no doubt.

4. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so what the fk makes you think you''ll get points????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    3-1
    4-0
    4-1.
    Honduras 3 USA 0.
    dont wage money...you've been warned.

5. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You serious?

They've whooped every teams ass so far at home. We've looked like crap at Guatemala, TNT, Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Mexico. Basically all our road games this cycle except at Cuba. Honduras is better than most of those teams mentioned if not better than all at the moment.

I pray we win in TNT and somehow manage a tie at Honduras. Realistically I don't see us winning but maybe USA can pull off an inspired performance and take care of business down there. That crowd is very hostile.

1 person likes this.
  6. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Historically dudes. I didn't think I needed to state that explicitly.

7. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did I make a prediction that we'll get three points? Critical readings skillz are essential.

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    from the 2001 raping...we've played you seven times which you've won ALL games........and one mattered the one played this year.

USA 2:3 (1:1) Honduras
    01/09/2001 Washington Dc FIFA World Cup™ Qualifier

USA 4:0 (2:0) Honduras
    02/03/2002 Seattle Friendly
    USA 4:0 (2:0) Honduras
    02/06/2004 Foxboro/Boston Friendly

USA 1:0 (1:0) Honduras
    19/03/2005 Albuquerque Friendly
    Honduras 1:2 (1:0) USA
    21/07/2005 New York/New Jersey Continental Final

USA 2:1 (1:1) Honduras
    06/06/2009 Chicago FIFA World Cup™ Qualifier
    USA 2:0 (0:0) Honduras
    08/07/2009 Washington Dc Continental Final

Honduras 0:2 (0:1) USA
    23/07/2009 Chicago Continental Final

9. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    here

10. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats not a prediction, thats a comparison. Note how I contrasted the historical "ease" with Honduras's current form.

11. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raping? It was a one goal victory in a hexagonal where we (oddly enough) traded away victories. Historical trends aren't irrelevant although I'll agree they obviously don't guarantee anything. They do matter somewhat at the margins. Its the reason, even before CR started to slide, a number of people penciled in Mexico getting a result down there.

Part of the reason Hondo is a less problematic venue for the US is the simple construction of the Stadium. The US seems to be easily intimidated in many cases by close, hostile crowds doing their usual thing in Central America. The track helps lessen this.

Listen I don't want to turn this into a pissing match, but the US has had more success in Honduas than other central american venues. Part of this is of course the difficulty we've had getting results down there period, let alone victories.

12. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

no hard feels.
    but when we the last time you won in Honduras?

13. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    01, the last time we played there:p

14. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so vice versa....but guess what yanks your team is FAR from intimidating.
    the only player I like and repect( well all of course) is Howard.

other then that WTF is the USA going to do?
    Failed at the assteca and DREW at Salvador......
    3-1 at San Jose and we aint nothing like ES nor Costa at home.

15. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get too ahead of yourself. You guys haven't even played at both those venues yet to talk smack to us. We'll actually win in Trinidad though unlike yal.

16. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras is the easiest place to play out of the top four and even El Salvador. In the Olimpico the fans are very far away from the field and the grass itself is pretty normal so no advantages to Honduras there. We don't have an altitude advantage or contaminated air, Honduras just wins by outplaying their opponent.
    Which is more impressive when you look at the way they have been killing teams at home, you don't want to play them right now. USA is lucky this game is a month away.

17. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wat? you guys beat us? 2-1.

18. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm talking bout cuscatlan and azteca. you guys haven't even played there.

19. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but outside of an recovering (declining?) Suazo and an admittedly very class Wilson Palacios, theres nothing that scares me about Honduras. Honduras has a lot of good players and a very good team, but its not like either of our squads are stacked with major Euro based talent (Lets be honest Wigan, Schoaux, Fulham, and Hull aren't glamour clubs) at every position nor has either been on fire the entire Hex. We've both had our ups and downs. I think the US could get a result in San Pedro just like I thought Honduras could get a result in Chicago. Execution and a little luck is the thing.

1 person likes this.
  20. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras would cause plenty of trouble down the flanks for the usa, sabillon would run circles around Bocanegra or whoever they put down there. Palacios would shut down Donovan and there goes a big part of the USA.

21. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boca does play LB in Ligue 1 and I has at times been able to handle speedy defenders in the past. If hes on his game I think he can do enough to contain any deep runs from sabillon. If hes not, there could indeed be serious issues. Its worth wondering whether Castillo (who should be around in Oct) would be a better matchup at LB for this game.

I was under the impression (more from watching Spurs than Hondouras) that Palacios doesn't roam out to the wings on a regular basis, which is where Donovan plays. If he is sent out there to shut down LD, we'll either have to hope Donovan is up to the challenge or attack the weaker portions of the Honduras's midfield.

22. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Palacios is the stop gap between the defense and the midfield. Usually taking care of the attacking midfielder since honduras plays with pretty much two DM with palacios and Guevara, i know that donovan likes to roam around the field but he is an Am pretty much, he is no winger. Bocanegra has lost a step or two and was torched by Mexico last time around, Honduras has more speed than Mexico.

23. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has started to push out to the wing more and more in the past few months and its arguably made him more effective, even if he isn't quite a "pure" wing player.

24. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Very well then, i guess he and Dempsey play as "wings" for the usa. Honduras can't take everything away from the nats but if they take something they are gona go after donovan.

25. YanksCatrachos23

YanksCatrachos23 New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why do people get so caught up with Euro based players, et all?? For god sakes if a squad is doing well, it doesnt matter where they play!