Honduras Vs Mexico WCQ 11/19/08

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by jcvf90, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I will dub it the concacaf game of the year.
    [​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Where?
    That will have to wait, as there will be a debate if wether Olimpico or Nacional will host the game.

Table
    Mexies 10 +5
    Hondu 9 +5
    Jamaic 7 -3
    Canad 2
    ( i did it myself, probably wrong in gol differential, mods fix it if wrong please)

Possibilities.
    If Honduras wins and Jamaica wins by 8 goles or more, Hond and Jamaica are through. Or if Honduras wins by two goles jamaica need 7. If honduras win by three they only need 6 goles. so on and so forth.
    If Honduras and mexico draw, and Jamaica Wins, Mexies and Jamaica are through.
    If mexies and honduras tie, Jamaica will need more than 8 goles.
    All others possibilities see Mexies and Honduras go through.

Lets keep it civil and lets enjoy football of the group of death, Do or die for everybody here. So lets get it on.:D
    BTW I know its early but i couldnt wait. One month is to eFFING long.

2. BeHereNow

BeHereNow Member

Sep 1, 2007
    California
    I dont see Jamaica putting 5 past Canada, so a tie will most likely be enough for both. As long as Honduras doesnt lose they are fine and As long as Mexico doesnt get gang banged, they are fine.

3. nesco

nesco New Member

Sep 7, 2008
    The only way Jamaica are going to the Hex is if Mexico beats Honduras AND Jamaica wins there game against Canada to secure 10 pts.

^^

LMAO @ this BS.... :rolleyes:

4. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Group/Grupo B GP/PJ W/G D/E L/P +/- PTS

Mexico 5 3 1 1 9:5 10
    Honduras 5 3 0 2 8:5 9
    Jamaica 5 2 1 2 3:6 7
    Canada 5 0 2 3 6:10 2

these are the stats from CONCACAF.COM

5. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I hope the game is played in El Morazan, i hear the mexies get nervous in there i guess they are afraid of the hostile crowd.

6. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjglSiOGyGE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjglSiOGyGE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This is what happened the last time Mexico played in the Morazan.

7. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you know Jamaica is beating Canada. Jamaica will finish with 10 points

8. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    why is it BS? my math might be wrong but they have to win by a big margin.

9. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    If only Canada had beaten Mexico. This would have been an insane death match.

10. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    this is tough going to leave it alone till November. All I ask is to have all our Euros.

11. L.D.11

L.D.11 Member

Sep 23, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Interesting to see how at first this group did not live up to be the "group of death" and it looked it would be over rather soon. Man how the tables have turned but im excited for this game because its pretty much a do or die match. I'm looking forward to it. :D

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Greetings:

I will say this usa had it easy it was so easy for them to qualify, Mexico had to take the long bumpy dark road and I hope will secure a spot for SA 2010 without injuries hope to god. If and if Makes it to the hex you will see how much with ease and grace they will play alot easier not saying it will be a walk in the park for they will be playing for first place. But the road that Mexico has faced so far in this qualifying thing has been a uphill battle seems they got screwed over by refs and had yellow cards that should never have been. But anyhow not to sound ignorant thats just what I have seen and eveyone is entitled to his or her opnions on these boards, now moving on for this game 11/19/08 in Honduras I heard Mexico will be flying from Mexico to honduras in the early morning hours to excape the hostile honduras crowd that might not let them sleep at night. Just to let you know we will have our mid-field back Nery Castillo, Pavel Pardo, Leandro, Gio Dos Santos I heard as well they might bring Borgetti and De Nigris or Franco for more strength up front. Hope to have a good game. Does anyone know what central american will be reffing this game?

13. BSGuy321

BSGuy321 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    On the next matchday (November 19)

* Mexico will qualify for the Fourth Round if:
    o they do not lose to Honduras, OR
    o Jamaica do not defeat Canada, OR
    o the combined winning margins of Jamaica and Honduras are fewer than 7 goals (or equals 7 goals and Mexico finish with more goals scored than Jamaica)

* Honduras will qualify for the Fourth Round if:
    o they defeat Mexico, OR
    o Jamaica do not defeat Canada, OR
    o they draw with Mexico AND Jamaica defeat Canada does not win by 6 or more goals (or Jamaica win by 6 goals and finish with fewer goals scored than Honduras)

* Jamaica will qualify for the Fourth Round if:
    o They defeat Canada AND Honduras lose to Mexico, OR
    o They defeat Canada by more than 6 goals AND Honduras draw with Mexico (or Jamaica win by 6 goals and finish with more goals scored than Honduras), OR
    o They defeat Canada AND Honduras defeat Mexico AND the combined winning margins of Jamaica and Honduras are greater than 7 goals (or equals 7 goals and Jamaica finish with more goals scored than Mexico).

14. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had it easy for two reasons: 1) Because we don't put Jozy and Adu upfront when they're not even starter for their clubs. and 2) Eventhough we played ugly vs Guatemala and Cuba away, we played to win not to look good.

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I think Mexico will go for the kill

16. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This should be a good matchup guys

lol

17. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I agree;)

18. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    I really hope they do.

19. nesco

nesco New Member

Sep 7, 2008

Jamaica won't score so many goals thats why its BS....be realistic. Mathematically you're right, but I don't see them scoring more than 2 goals on Canada...not with that team they got.

If I were a Jamaican fan I would put more hope into Mexico beating Honduras AND Jamaica winning against Canada...simple.

20. BSGuy321

BSGuy321 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    A tie would ensure that both go through (Jamaica wont win by 6 goals). As such, the teams will simply kick the ball around ala 1982 Austria v West Germany.

Group 2 saw one of the great World Cup upsets on the first day with the 2-1 victory of Algeria over reigning European Champion West Germany. This memorable game resulted in the controversial match between West Germany and Austria, their third and final match. As Algeria had already played their third match the day before, West Germany and Austria knew that a West German win by 1 or 2 goals would qualify them both, while a larger German victory would qualify Algeria over Austria, and a draw or an Austrian win would eliminate the Germans. The fourth team in the group, Chile, were eliminated regardless of the outcome. After 10 minutes of furious attack, West Germany succeeded in scoring through a goal by Horst Hrubesch. After the goal was scored, the two German-speaking teams went into an unspoken agreement and just kicked the ball around aimlessly for the rest of the match. Chants of "Fuera, fuera" ("Out, out") were screamed by the appalled Spanish crowd, while angry Algerian supporters waved banknotes at the players. This sham performance was widely deplored, even by the German and Austrian fans who had hoped for a hot rematch of the 1978 FIFA World Cup match in which Austria had beaten West Germany. One German fan was so upset by his team's display that he burned his German flag in disgust.
    -- Wiki.

21. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    W.e. gets honduras through am happy.

22. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Mexico and Jamaica will pull it out, and Chelato es going to eat his words.

23. Baller53

Baller53 Red Card

Jan 31, 2008
    El barrio de tepito
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico-5 Honduras - 0

-Vela 20, 29,80
    Guardado 15
    Nery- 65

24. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thats a balla prediction. lol

25. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Nah I see Mexico 3 - Honduras - 1 or 0 = depending on who is in the back for Mexico