Honduras in Beijing Olympics Thread, All Matches (Pre-Game, PBP, Analysis):

Discussion in 'Central America' started by La-H, Aug 6, 2008.

1. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    All members are encouraged to post anything and everything concerning La-H, Sub-23 and their Olympic run.

Here's to an informative, lengthy thread lasting for (hopefully) many, many, days....Cheers!

[​IMG]

--------
    Group D:

7 Aug 7 17:00 Qinhuangdao Honduras Italy
    8 Aug 7 19:45 Qinhuangdao Korea Republic Cameroon

15 Aug 10 17:00 Qinhuangdao Cameroon Honduras
    16 Aug 10 19:45 Qinhuangdao Italy Korea Republic

19 Aug 13 17:00 Shanghai Korea Republic Honduras
    20 Aug 13 17:00 Tianjin Cameroon Italy

--------

First Game: Honduras vs Italy, Thursday Aug. 7th, 2008 -- 4:30AM, EST

On TV: Telemundo, and NBC Soccer Channel (?), (if anyone can locate this supposed new and temporary channel, please advise)

My first prediction: Italy 3 - Honduras 1, the same score, if I recall correctly (may have been 3-2) of our opening game in Sydney 2000 played also against Italy.

-----

:)

2. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Official Honduras in Beijing Olympics Thread, All Matches (Pre-Game, PBP, Analysis):

One little mistake there. Honduras opening game in Sydney 2000 was against Nigeria.

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Re: Official Honduras in Beijing Olympics Thread, All Matches (Pre-Game, PBP, Analysis):

good luck Honduras! i´ll cheer for you guys!

4. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

At the half:

1. Great goal by Giovinco, Honduran two d-mids for this game (Thomas and Claros) caught both, out of position and ball watching!

2. No words. Seemingly a seriously bogus pk call by the ref! I'm still waiting for the replay....but seems ridiculous.

Italy 2 Honduras 0

5. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008

Bad news, Italy is leading 2-0 at halftime. Giovinco scored a golazo! and the other was a penalty by Giuseppe Rossi. I'm rooting for you guys (Hondureños) but I think I'll go ahead and get some sleep now. Hopefully Honduras can turn it around against Cameroon.

Edit: La-H, looks like I posted the same things you did, haha. BTW the penalty did look a little dubious, I definately would've liked to have seen a replay.

6. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Dissapointment from concacaf today, even the nats barely beat japan by a fluke goal. Too bad Mexico isn't their to show some class for concacaf. Hope you guys don't get too many goals scored against.

7. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

ouch... i hope you guys dont end last

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

2 BS penalties basically did us in, but we did have momentum from the 15th to the 33rd, we just lacked the final touch on the ball.

9. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

A good analysis of the game will let you know that the two pk's called against Honduras were incorrect (especially, the first one).

A 1-0 loss, is more what it felt like. 3-0 is generous towards Italy. Honduras dominated much of the first half, but, but, admittedly, there was poor execution yet again from a Honduran squad.

10. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Go luck guys.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Cameroon up 1-0

12. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

FT Cameroon 1 - 0 Honduras

13. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

For those who stress that we have poor coaches, a disorganized federation, etc, I would also like to stress that we also have players (and yes, maybe as a direct result of the previously mentioned woes) that are not able to play at the highest levels, and disgracefully resort to cheating at times.

See, exhibit A, Hendry Thomas:

The players sucked at the Olympics, especially Hendry Thomas. He was a huge dissapointment, huge! If you see the only Cameroon goal in the 73min or so, he is responsible for the goal. Why, you ask? He was not even on the field!!! He decided to play a truly disappointing game of time-wasting and cheating!

This guy showed some holes in his game and mentality during these games. Nontheless, so did Wilson at the National Team level with his frequent diving performances. Still he managed to adapt well to the PL, I wonder (and hope) if it will be the same for Thomas.

Dissapointing, if you don't believe me, go to nbcolympics.com, download the free player (in about 1 min) and find the "rewind" video containing the whole Honduras vs Cameroon match, see the 73rd min and play prior to Cameroon's goal.

Disgrace, ugggh!!!

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

can u describe the play? (i dont feel like doing all that and i want to know)

15. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

It was a bad play, hendry plas the holding or defensive midfielder, the camerunian came by aand the ball bounced around outside of the box hondurans trying to clear and even then they couldnt, the keeper was horribly positioned, and the cameroonian took a weak low shot, the keeper already commited to one side as he was badly positioned and the ball rolled in. Funny how hendry didnt help. I was frustrated, specially when every time we had a freekick, they had to stop air travel as we might have hit a plane.
    Cameroon coulda won 3-0 if it wasnt for the post.
    From the moment they named yearwood i knew it would be disappointing, even in the Qualifiers we didnt have any talent, last tme we went to the olympics we rambo and david on that team such future talented palyers, this time we didnt have player who in the future will be European ballers. This olympics were downgrade from the last. LEt me show u.
    we played similar teams:
    Honduras vs italy 1-3
    Nigeria vs Honduras 3-3
    Australia vs Honduras 1-2 (remember olympics were in Australia)

This year:
    vs Italy 0-3
    vs Cameroon 1-0 (could have easily been 2 or 3 for the africans)
    vs Korea (cant expect anything good)

We didnt have talent, we qualified because of luck imo, we play some defensive soccer which alexis mendoza was smart to do knowin of the little talent we had on this squad. Also think about this, we qualified against guatemala on pk's last time we qualified against mexico on pk's as well but we had way tougher opponents. No disrespect to guatemalans. It was an embarassment to send this team.

16. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

He didn't help because he wasn't on the field in the first place, he decided to play cheat-ball and throw himself on the ground, and of course he had to come off the field before coming back on!

Thomas, you messed up man hugely dissapointing!

17. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Now that i think about it, the 2000 team was so talented it amazes me they didn't reach the second round. I guess the late goal against Nigeria really came to bite them back.

18. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Like I said... damn it! damn it all to hell!. :D