Historic Day Cal Poly has sold out all 11,075 tickets before gameday!

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by RollPoly, Oct 24, 2013.

1. RollPoly

RollPoly Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    A historic day in college soccer. What my research shows me is the first PRE-GAMEDAY SELL-OUT of a college soccer game of such magnitude. Certainly for a regular season game, and perhaps for a playoff or national championship game. I still have to finish cross referencing the NCAA Record Book with stadium capacities.

Students and everyone else arriving w/o a ticket Friday will be turned away at the gates.

What is notable is not just the sellout, once again the largest for a regular season college soccer game. It is that is was sold out before game-day! How many schools even hand out student tickets before gameday!

http://gopoly.com/sports/msoc/2013-14/releases/201310240jbtb4

NERY CASTILLO MEX and HailtotheKing repped this.
  2. galvanator

galvanator Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Atascadero, CA USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my tickets! Luckily a buddy of mine had the foresight to buy them in advance for us because I was just gonna show up early and try to buy them at the door. Good thing he was lookin' out for me!

3. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ole Ole Ole Ole Gauchos Gauchos ;)

4. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were student tickets distributed in advance at all or will they be playing in front of a completely non-student crowd? What about a visiting team allotment?

RollPoly repped this.
  5. RollPoly

RollPoly Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, student tickets were distributed in advance. I estimate about 2000 non-students, mostly in the new/east stands. So about 80% students. Non-Student tickets had been on-sale for months.

This is college soccer, I'm not sure there is such a thing. What I do know is that many UCSB fans were deterred because they did not get tickets in advance. As a result there were only about 50-200 gaucho fans compared to about 1500 Cal Poly fans that traveled to UCSB later that year (I counted the #of rows and students in that row then added about 200 for CP fans I could see elsehwere in the stadium.

The did not advertise it very much that students could pick up tickets. I imagine this year there will be people camping out to get tickets as last year there will people showing up an hour before it opened in the early morning to get tickets.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  6. yoursports365

yoursports365 New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty impressive..