Hidetoshi Nakata

Discussion in 'Japan' started by jameschua, Apr 20, 2007.

1. jameschua

jameschua New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Such a great player (at times!). Too bad more interest in his love life than than his soccer talent. The post has some good soccer vids of him though.

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Hidetoshi Nakata gay?

More than "love life" I would say "life" in general. He was not a very dedicated socecr player, and his early retirement proves it. Too bad, because in his first two seasons in Italy, he seemed destined to take over the world.

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA

Horrible, horrible news! if his reputation needed more damage

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

FYI, in this board we do not discriminate about homosexuality.
    I am NOT gay (just checked the Japanese chicks' thread new entries, actually... :eek: ), but please, be politically correct.
    IF Nakata is gay, it is his own decision, and if people judge him badly because of that, it is only out of ignorance.
    Please, let us not return to the dark ages... :cool:

THANK YOU

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I am sorry, but he is not gay. I have few friends who are gay, and you can tell if he is gay or not by looking at how they act and how they speak.

6. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You

people can surprise you

i did see nakata eying nakamura's ass when he was taking a free kick...

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Perhaps we should believe you: considering your "Location" (='behind you') you seem to be an authority on the topic.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

What is H.Nakata doing now ?

Is it true he is one of the wealthiest soccer players?

9. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think this is one of the funniest, and most ignorant things I have seen posted on big soccer. you have gay friends, yet you think they are all alike and post such a narrow minded, stereotypical comment on here? I mean seriously, did you actually READ what you posted before you posted it? Either your gay friends, are not REAL friends, or they dont know eactly how you see them / and or how utterly stupid you really are if belive what you posted here. NONE of my heterosexual friends, of which I have many would ever even come close to making such an ignorant comment, ever.

Shame on you.
    :mad:

And, lastly, WHO CARES? Does it make a difference?:rolleyes:

10. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the ignorance and unintentional humor in this thread is killing me... :D :eek:

but seriously, and perhaps more importantly, where is the evidence? all i see is a really bad gossip website with one poorly written paragraph and a bunch of youtube video links to nakata playing. bizarre really.

11. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I mean, yeah:
    [​IMG]

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Now, aren't you over reacting... just a bit??

13. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

maybe, but shouldn't this thread be closed due to its sheer absurdity? really, who gives a damn?

14. usausa-redded

usausa-redded Red Card

Aug 28, 2006

May be he is a homosexual. I don't care whether he is a homo or not because I am hetero and I am never like him.

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

As a matter of fact, nobody could say anything particularly impressive...

16. United_Caps_Fan

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Absolutely NOT. Ignorance, is ignorance is ignorance, PERIOD. Now if you are going to start in on ME, because i took an ignorant post/ poster to task here, well thats fine, then I just wont visit the "Japan" forums anymore. So far, what Ive seen on this board, I havent been particularly impressed with.:mad:

Read footfetish's comment as well. This thread should be CLOSED its it is nothing soccer related at all. Its a non issue.

Furthermore: Perhaps youd like it if I said all Japanese, or all "Asians" are alike because the look, act, talk a certain way... blah blah blah. All Blacks are the same because the they look, act, talk a certain way....etc. No one should really have to spell out the ignorance of that in this day and age, but I digress, even some of the lowest common denominators have computers and internet access these days.

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Why do a recognize her?

18. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Milla Jovovich. They did a few Canon commercials together and were rumored to be an item. But really, straight guys don't date models, right?

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Yeah that's her, thanks.

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Maybe, instead of snapping at the first post you don't like, you could explain what do you think and why, so we might eventually learn something.

I agree with your basic argument (=no stereotyping), but you don't do a good service to your cause if you react angrily and you go on criticizing the entire board.

Since we talk about one of the greatest Japanese soccer player in history, I believe this is somehow soccer-related. Plus, homosexuality in socecr is an interesting issue.

Remember that about 10% of the male population is gay or bi-sexual, ergo in every team of 11...

If people here are willing to discuss it in a decent manner, I have no problems, otherwise: ok, I will close this down. :rolleyes:

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Who started this rumours anyway?

Nakata is a big icon, fashion icon. To bad he quit soccer to damn early.

22. United_Caps_Fan

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

IM fine with discussing it. Im not fine with commets like the one ignorant one made by shuvy87 and I will always come down hard on anyone who makes such comments. You are a moderator here, so moderate it. That isnt my job. Just keep in mind, that I will not sit idly by when comments such as the ones I responded to are made, anywhere. I never look for trouble, but Im certainly going to stand up for myself, and for what I belive is right, and rail against what I feel is ingnorance / intolerance, or the like.

FWIW, IM fairly certain the 10% number is much lower than what it actaully is.

23. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I was not being ignorant. I do not know how to describe it, but all my gay friends seem to speak with the same tone, kinda like how my female friends would speak. I wish I met other gay people who does not speak like that, so I did not have to make such "stereotypical comment". But that does not matter, because I am not going to defend myself to something that I am not.

The whole point of that post is point out that NAKATA is not gay. I mean I am the biggest fan of him. I would have know if he was gay. In japan, guys hugs/touch each other, guys go to public bath together (which I used to do) but that is not considerer to be gay at all.

Nakata is known for having "HOT GIRLFRIENDS" and there was an episode where he was caught kissing a one of the top female celebrity, and the publisher decided to publish the photo on their magazine. Afterwards, hey got sued by Nakata and his girlfriend.

24. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Where is Nakata?? i haven't heard of him in a while, can anybody give me an update on him??