Hey Bill Archer: ******** YOU

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Microwave, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    did I hear correctly that you are bashing the idea of Miami getting another MLS team? Suck me!:mad:

2. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More that he's bashing the idea of WHO is trying to get a Miami franchise and the details of their plan. And he's right: by the way speak Barca have no idea what their getting into and their stadium situation sounds crappy at best.

Personally, I think Miami could be a great market, its just that this current proposal destined for disaster...

3. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    The ownership group is fine and if they could find a way to get good barca players into the team with crappy MLS salary cap rules then even better.

The stadium "deal" is good. The stadium itself sucks because it is turf. And it isn't as fancy as Rio Tinto, Red Bull Park, Home Depot, etc.

If they don't have plans for their own stadium with grass then perhaps I can get on board with not letting them in. But then why let Toronto and Seattle have turf? Turf is the worst thing about MLS, even worse than the mediocre quality of play and ridiculous made up salary cap rules.

4. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stadium deal is more what I'd be concerned about, not the turf issue. Has there been any details about what kind of revenue they'd receive from the stadium, because if it ain't sweetheart, then that is going to be an issue.