Hexagonal: Trinidad & Tobago vs Mexico; 3/28/17

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    espero que tengas razón

thedragonrik58 and LGRod repped this.
  2. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    De casualidad me metí al foro de T&T (socawarriors) y están llorando por el "gamemanship" de la selección mexicana, aparte del arbitro... por ahí llegué incluso a leer que uno dijo tener más talento que la misma CR... recuerdo haber leído cosas similares en los foros de los jamaiquinos. Viven en otro mundo los caribeños.

GrandeSoccer, Neymadres, Otaku and 2 others repped this.
  3. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rofl. You can hear the ardido in his voice

Colima24 repped this.
  4. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It baffles me so, so much how much Osorio insists on rotating goalies since Talavera never seems to have that much security under the three posts (at least with the national team) and seems to make at least one stupid mistake with Mexico. He doesn't even seem to fare that much better than Ochoa in the air, which supposedly is his strong suit. Meanwhile, save for the Chile game (in which every, everyone was abysmal), Ochoa seems to be able to give us at least one spectacular save per game and seems to have more of a command over the defense, even despite the revolving door of defenders thanks to Osorio's rotations. Seriously, is there any team in the world who rotates the keepers as much as Osorio does despite having someone who has shown to be able to hold the fort on a consistent basis?

5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I understand Osorio's basis for rotations. He does so depending on teams we face and how players will stack up, however, rotating the goalie position makes no sense. When available, Ochoa should be the starter no ifs, buts, or when.

Additionally, I think too much rotation does not help with team chemistry. I'm sure Osorio has in mind who the default starting 11 should be and he should try keeping it like that in tournaments, especially when there is no room for error. Maybe 2 or 3 changes/switch ups per game but no more.

Confederations Cup will be a good test to see if he learned from last year's Copa America

Colima24 and DankYummy repped this.
  6. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he tries to avoid playing too many guys two games in a row for fear of exhaustion and injury. So he goes for his strongest 11 in one game then fields alternates, who he knows aren't as good so he throws out defensive, strong, good in the air guys hoping for set pieces and no goals.

7. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The rotation in the copa América made no sense. That does worry me, I'll be honest.

However, I see why he did what he did for the TT game (outside of the keeper switch). It wasn't pretty, I just hope he doesn't continue this every single time we have two or more games ahead.

Serg33 and DankYummy repped this.
  8. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wonder if he will field an alternate squad against Honduras.

9. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ochoa/Talavera/Potato

it's all the same

We had Oscar Perez as our starter in 2010

There isn't nothing Osorio can do to me that Aguirre hasn't done to us already.

LGRod repped this.