Hexagonal: Mexico vs Panama; November 15, 2016

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Nov 12, 2016.

1. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    waste on money., I said it from the beginning..Same with Gullit. Never thought we was anything special, even when he was with Leon.

ShockMaster, Various Styles and LGRod repped this.
  2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    LGRod repped this.
  3. DaniChandler

DaniChandler Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Panama Canal
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Parte del colorido ayer en la general sur del Rommel, ambientazo de la Extrema Roja

[​IMG]

Enviado desde mi D6653 mediante Tapatalk

4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I highly doubt the inclusion of any one player here or there would have changed much. The conditions werent in mexicos favor to really go after it. The field was slow and heavy and inconsistent, hard to exploit their technical advantage. The tackles were brutal and going largely unchecked.

I don't think anyone had a bad game nor do I think the lack of cohesive football should be criticized much.

They escaped with no injuries and a point. I personally am enjoying this momentary peace in qualifying.

Ochoa seemed calm and steady, he looked good.

5. DaniChandler

DaniChandler Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Panama Canal
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Yesss and the chilena that Memo saved, OMG everyone celebrated that movement as a goal. The player of the people, without doubts.

LGRod and DankYummy repped this.
  6. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    So why the Russian banners? What's the point behind that?

7. DaniChandler

DaniChandler Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Panama Canal
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    It's in cyrilic russian because doing it in spanish or english is too mainstream

Narc83 repped this.
  8. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    metalmaster repped this.
  9. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    The field was the same for both teams though. The game was just awful all the way around.

Serg33 and Various Styles repped this.
  10. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I'm not saying it didn't, but those conditions favored panama.

11. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Got you.
    Nothing to worry about. Mexico will still qualify for the WC..That is the main point. People should forget about that Gigante de concacaf bullshit.. That was just some media created bullshit.
    Our main competition in Concacaf has improved a lot. It is not that Mexico was very good., it is just that those other teams were worse than they are now.

megadeath repped this.
  12. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    I hate that "gigante" de CONCACAF BS as well. Was not a good game at all but al least the players seem to have forgotten this gigante BS and don't take anything for granted. They can make mistakes yes , but there seemes no complacency and "taking it easy" attitude. I guess eating humble pie ( especially that 0-7 score) has taken care of any overconfidence. To me that's a good thing.

metalmaster repped this.
  13. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    True but Mexico and Panama have different approaches when it comes to their preferred style of play.

Which is weird because Panama has the ability to play a much more technical game while enhancing their physical superiority.

By far the most complicated games Mexico will play will be against Panama.

14. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Also Panama went out to bunker in their own field. Shameless

15. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They played to their strengths and got a point. In the end that's what matters.

JJV1994 repped this.
  16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I don't think the preferred style is going to improve if Osorio keeps with his rotations. The rotations where ok before the Hex. By now you should have a starter team and people that are mainly subs. Mexico does not have the depth of talent to be rotating players so much.

17. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think the rotation was good this time around. Osorio played players who could keep up physically and would not get over powered.

18. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The rotations for better or worse will continue, it's part of his philosophy.

JJV1994 repped this.
  19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    [​IMG]

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Could we say that the rotations were forced given that Vela had to leave, Guardis was injured and Salcedo suspended. My one question to Osorio would be why continue to play Chicha who has been in poor form despite having Peralta in the squad who is known to deliver.

1stYearCoach and El Pipiripau repped this.
  21. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    There was always going to be a let down in this game. The US win was the highest of highs, then having to fly 8 hours to play in completely different weather conditions on a crappy pitch lent themselves to the listless performance we saw last night. Mexico was happy to get the draw, and inexplicably, so was Panama.

But Mexico is already 80% at the standard goal of getting 5 points on the road. As long as they hold serve at home.

22. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Even if Mexico had lost, it wouldn't be a problem. Once you make the Hex., you have more than 50% chance of qualifying, right?. Get good results at home and you are set,. Imagine if this time around we re pay the favor to the Nads and Mexico helps them qualify in the last game? :D

Otaku, chivamex10, BrianInVA and 4 others repped this.
  23. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It is not bs that Mexico is the regions Giant. What has hurt us has been our attitude towards the region. The whole 'calificamos caminando' attitude. This is from Osorio's presser last night: "I had talked to Tricolor icons and they told me about the pressure of having to play attacking football, of desperately looking for the goal and the rivals would be more tactical and score on us off a set play or a counter and complicate thing’s for us."

That is right up there with the 'Ganar, Gustar y Golear' propaganda spread by the media and lapped up by fans. Being the regional Giant doesn't mean everything comes easy, it means that we are the most successful NT and League. Just looking at Gold Cup finals no other NT has dominated with 5-0 and 4-2 wins.

[​IMG]

Serg33, JJV1994 and El Pipiripau repped this.
  24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yon, this is an older more experienced Panama side that has been burnt in the final minutes of a match, against stronger opponents, before. I think it's safe to assume that they have learned their lesson. Mexico will be one of their toughest opponents at home. Against Honduras and Trinidad & Tobago then I say they are obligated to get a win. If they settle for ties against CR and U.S then I reckon they could snatch the repechaje ticket.

JJV1994 and DaniChandler repped this.
  25. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Giant in terms of money maybe. I don't think the attitude you describe is there anymore,. Maybe 10-15 years ago. It goes back to what I said before. Teams like Costa Rica and Panama have improved to the point where they can beat Mexico more often now. I get what you say about Gold Cups, but I was talking about qualifiers for W.C.

Don Boppero 3000 repped this.