Here's Hoping...

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by Blackburn, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Blackburn

Blackburn New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...that Chivas hire Adrian Heath as their next head coach.

We can dream, can't we?

2. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Ironic that you mention this... I talked to a former USMNT player Monday night who says he might get offered that job.

3. Blackburn

Blackburn New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the two leading candidates have to be Adrian, or Don Jones from the Posse. I mean, you can't ignore Jones' promotion record in the Uzbek lower divisions.

4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Don seems happy to be back in Austin. I don't see him moving.

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there certainly are a lot of MLS openings this season. Toronto. DC. Chivas. Adrian has done well with the red-and-white stripes. But I also think Toronto fans would like him. As much as I've followed (and, on a low level, liked) DC United, I just don't think they'd look at him. Not that they've been any worse than Toronto at picking coaches. They just don't seem to look to England.

Poor Chivas. They just don't know whether they're Mexican or not. Rumor I saw was Sampson. I kinda hope they go that way, just to keep sucking.

Of the three teams, I'd most like to see him at DC, as that was my #2 team at the start of MLS. But if he ends up at any one of them, they'll be my instant #2.5, fighting with Portland.

6. babieca

babieca Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I like Coach Heath and love DCU, I think this would be a very bad fit for him right now. There need to be changes at the top of the organization before a coach on the field is going to make much of a difference. I fear he would just be setting himself up to fail in his first MLS job.

One of the great things about having the Aztex here (and about the World Cup) was it distracted me from the debacle that was my first love in American soccer.

You all might have to put me on suicide watch if DCU continues down their path and USMNT doesn't figure out their defense before they face the new Mexico in the Gold Cup.

7. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colin Clark should get another shot at an MLS coaching position. I know Puerto Rico barely snuck into the playoffs, but it counts for something that they've gone on this late hot streak.