News: Herculez Gomez: It's spelled E-S-T-U-D-I-A-N-T-E-S T-E-C-O-S

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by SeaOtter, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Yanks Abroad

Yanks Abroad Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Tecos' defense was a disaster. Still great to see Herc get another goal. He is scoring quite a bit. You must think he will get a call up next game. Video of the goal: http://watchsocceronline.blogspot.com/2011/10/gomez-is-sub-yet-again-and-scores-yet.html

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Since we're all aware that he's the best off the bench striker we have nationwide, can someone explain to me why he flopped at Pachuca? I believe he had like 5 goals in 29matches or so. What is it about Puebla and Tecos that makes him so eager to score?

3. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is actually playing as a striker now.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They didnt give him much chance on the wings.

As soon as they finally did though towards the end of his time there, he started scoring.

Good thing he is gone from there though, its a high pressure high profile team, alot was expected from him given little playing time.

5. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree! He was expected to score while on the bench, I don't think that has ever happened!:D

6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EJ did it once at Cardiff.

7. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Re: Gomez Tecos article ...

With the help of Google Translate.

----------------------------

American striker of the "Students Tecos", Herculez Gomez acknowledged that it will always be special to have the opportunity to play against Puebla, which was the team where he became the scoring champion of Mexican football in 2010.

Herculez admitted he did not wait to play and hopes to win a game which attaches great importance to their aspirations to enter the playoffs.

"Yeah, it's always special, 'That's cool Puebla', the truth is I'm very happy and eager to play again for us is a game of 'six' points, it is very important to get the victory "American striker said.

Gomez is at the moment, the leading scorer in the competition Tecos UAG, with 7 goals in the Apertura 2011, but, beyond individual achievement, Herculez gives priority to the wins and the take over the points that are in dispute.

"If I have to score goal and we win, win matters to me, if I have to score a goal, which, it is a bonus, a plus for a striker, but is not important to me, the important thing is to get the three points "he said.

10. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004

Herc went 90 and did not score vs. Puebla on Wednesday night.

11. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Saw the game. Puebla seemed to dominate. Herc did not get much service. Da Beez looked truly lively.

12. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States