HELP: Max Bretos Needs a New Goal Call, No More "Yeaahhhhhhhhh"

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by TheQuakesRockMySocks, Aug 2, 2008.

1. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    Classic. It's sort of like the E-40 Quakes anthem.

2. davidB1878

davidB1878 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything Max Bretos does SUCKS, except for the "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" That is the only cool thing he does. FSC commentators are just terrible. I miss Eric Wynalda...

3. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    David-

1) Everyone (does or should) miss(es) Eric Wynalda. He was the best out there.

2)While I agree most the guys at FSC are no good, I actually like goofy Max Bretos.

3) How do you find the "yeaahhhhh!" the "only cool thing he does"? It's really the only thing about him I don't like.

It seems like if you and I were going to get a meal together we would never want to eat at the same restaurant.

4. davidB1878

davidB1878 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Agreed.

2) He's not goofy. He says everything like it's a spanish word, and he doesn't have to say "Guillermo Barros es-Schelloto" every 10 seconds when the Crew are playing.

3) I think the "YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" is an appropriate reaction to a goal, and, there aren't any other commentators I know of who use that or anything very similar. We can eat at a restaraunt if you like, just as long as you don't talk to me about Max Bretos.

5. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    How dense are you?

And a few others didn't dislike it as much as you seem to think they do.
    How can you say he is alone when there were numerous people who said they liked it or it was just fine?

If only you included the option in your "pole" to not change it. But I guess you just wanted to ignore anyone with an opinion different to yours.

6. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Max is okay... take my word for it, after having direct kick for 3 or 4 years, Max is definitely top 5 American PbP guys. Faint praise indeed, but thats the fact.

While I understand the whole "yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!" thing might be annoying to some, it's actually grown on me this season. I don't want everyone doing it, but if Max is the only one, thats cool.

Lee

7. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    Apologies, you and 4 other people are alone. Pole, poll, understood. Did I misspell that somewhere? I certainly didn't mean to.

And for the record, I wouldn't mind if Max used the "Yeahhh" on occasion, but for each goal it feels very contrived. Sorry. I don't take the opinion that most don't like it from the response to this thread alone, but the constant references to the "yeahhh" in so many other threads.

Therefore, I created this thread to brainstorm some new ideas.

Thanks for your participation and anger.

8. davidB1878

davidB1878 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contrived? Does that make "Goooooooooool!" contrived too?

9. ianai

ianai Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hampton, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, you really put me in my place. It is a great poll. Your polls are so awesome.

I guess I should simply add you to my ignore list rather than continue to be bothered by your never-ending, moronically compiled polls. I only wish I had saved your PM to me, as that was an epic demonstration of total and complete idiocy..far superior to the composition of your polls or posts which I must admit are pretty amazing in their own right.

10. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    Thank you, again.

11. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Yeah, and if you made a proper poll with an option for those who are content or happy with it you would have had people voting for that option.

As I stated earlier, people are more likely to voice dissatisfaction with something then satisfaction. Plus this is BigSoccer, not like the people here represent a balanced cross section of the Soccer watching community.

And anger? lol. I am just calling you out for being an idiot. You said someone was alone on the issue when clearly there were many others who posted they were fine with it. You also posted this in the N/A area before it got moved. You are not very observant are you?

You have a long way to go before you create polls at the level of pc4th.

12. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    Let me know when I have "made it", ok?

13. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    I don't think you want to make it:-/
    I despise pc4th, lol

14. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    ok, no problem. i'm not mad here. my poll is meant in good fun. hope we can all have a laugh and a beer.

15. TheRebellion

TheRebellion Member

Oct 1, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! it's not nautral, he worked on that to try and ad a different twist to the common expression thats why it sounds wack! Max u call it like it is most of the time I suggest go with "it's a goal" or just goal!!! although cha ching is a classic and can never go wrong, when u do the spanish version say "es un gol" add "azzo" accordingly.

16. TFCSteve

TFCSteve Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Toronto
    "Boom goes the dynamite"
    Done.

Or, if Houston score "Boom goes the dynamo" just to switch things up a little.

17. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    I appreciate all the new ideas, but also want to point out that "Vomit Sounds" is still a top contender for replacing "yahhhh".

18. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would say he use dis call

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL!!! Works for Pablo Alsina and Andres Cantor and it'll work 4 him

19. tylawfan1

tylawfan1 Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loveee this goal call! It is uniquely Max and thoroughly enjoyed by many.. here's to hoping Bretos never changes it.

20. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure miss hearing him on FSC's saturday MLS games...

21. TheQuakesRockMySocks

Dec 20, 2007
    BlogVille, CA
    Wow, it's been so long since I posted this.

2 thoughts:

1) Very happy for Max that he got that ESPN contract.

2) Also very happy that he is not calling games, but acting as a commentator, which he is very good at.

One last addition, I still hate the "yeahhhhh" and I'm glad it's over.

22. chimultrufio

chimultrufio New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i miss Max Bretos FSC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh calls!!... he was clearly better than most MLS commentators, anyone who found it annoying should have just changed the channel or pressed the mute button

simple as that :)

23. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol this thread was ********ing great. And I still missYEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!1 And I actually do occasionally say it when I succeed at something now.

24. chimultrufio

chimultrufio New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    yyyeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Max Bretos rOcks sON!! :)

25. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why doesn't he contribute articles to ESPN's MLS web section?