HELL Iß REAL: Columbus Crew vs Dayton'ß Dirty ßouthern ßuburb | CCC Match #3 - 23/02/19 5:00 PM ET

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Feb 21, 2019.

?

What will be the result of the Crew's CCC match vs Fußball Club Cincinnati?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2019.
  1. Win by two or more goals

29.0%
  2. Win by one goal

32.3%
  3. Canadian Win (née Tie)

3.2%
  4. Lose by one goal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lose by two or more goals

6.5%
  6. Crew score 5 or more goals and win the CCC (worth 96 points!!)

16.1%
  7. "Smile! Crushing Cincy is a Delight. Hudy Delight!" - Edward Opoku

12.9%
  1. Mrs Kyle Crew

Mrs Kyle Crew Member

Columbus Crew
    Nov 1, 2018
    Hahahaha.... nope

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    THAT'S A LOSING MENTALITY MRS KYLE CREW!!!

Kyle Crew repped this.
  3. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You have Arshaven and a Brazilian? Pretty smooth, Voyeur."

4. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes

5. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Endeavor match report:

Thankfully for all involved, Endeavor has neither trough urinals nor sinks.

FCC look to be this year’s Minnesota United.

We played very well, though not only are FCC a poor team, tactically they play into our hands. Glad we beat them soundly, but we should, and such a result won’t mean as much against a better club.

We really do play a beautiful style of soccer.

I wasn’t at all impressed with Sauro and Mensah. They looked shaky as hell despite being barely tested.

Beer is still very good indeed.

chr1st and Bill Archer repped this.
  6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey hang.

It's you I like,
    It's not the things you wear,
    It's not the way you do your hair
    But it's you I like
    The way you are right now,
    The way down deep inside you
    Not the things that hide you.

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You were close.....;);)

8. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one I went to on Thursday was packed.

Bill Archer repped this.
  9. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THREE-PEAT

[​IMG]

I guess COACHBOT9000 is too good to show up for the trophy ceremony!

Beep! BOOP!

10. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Will never get old or forgotten...long live..umm well

CybrSlydr, Kyle Crew and jack sticker repped this.
  11. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    So that Santos curler is exactly what he was missing last year. Those shots were just missing or hitting the other side of the post. This is a great sign. Hopefully more to come.

Meram, as previously stated, the heart is there, just not sure the legs are.

Zardes was fantastic. Bags two. Puts in a third that was a fraction offside. Winning headers in both boxes. All aboard the hype train.

Pipa, hot damn. The soccer IQ will never age. However, he definitely faded physically as the game progressed. Looked good, but probably should have pulled him. He is still a key component.

Artur was probably the most solid player over two games. Excited for his box to box play and it seems he was fouling a bit less.

Trapp, clean performance. Didn't notice anything glaring positively or negatively, which is usually a decent thing in that position.

Francis. I have actually been a bit impressed. Looking more like the Francis that started for us a few years ago. Pleasantly surprised.

Jimenez, still our best fullback replacement. Serviceable. Still can't shoot. But we all saw Wednesday. He has no real competition.

Sauro and Mensah, both had some solid plays at the back but also had some shakiness. I know our higher press led little bit of that, but a single striker shouldn't be able to get through the both of them.

Robinho, pretty quiet in his limited minutes. Meram has a little time to turn it around, but I wonder how long his leash is.

Afful, solid outing from back to front once subbed in. Curious as to why he didn't start. Age? Or something more?

12. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think his wife had a baby yesterday or the day before.

TRUJDUB, Tobias C, Alneri and 1 other person repped this.
  13. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    She is real and tried to abduct my child.

14. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Afful traveled back to Ohio on Thursday. I’m impressed he made it back for the game today.
    Dominate outing overall. Crew looked great which they should when up a man for 60 minutes.
    FCC is in big trouble this year. I don’t think their fan base is ready for MLS competition. Run fast and shoot won’t cut it anymore. They’ll get it in time, but they are gonn be hurting for sure.

15. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Boy I really underestimated the amount of Fusslad suck. They are in for a rough first month and some real growing pains throughout the year. I feel for Adi. Manneh is going to be so disinterested in that attack he might take a nap on the pitch.

Santos has shown signs of improvement and if he keeps it up, I think he might only receive the typical amount of winger hate. O/U on goals and assists for him? I dunno I’ll set it at 5 & 10 and if he hits the over, best season ever! Meram, not so much. Appears we’re gonna need him early in the season with Niko still on the mend and Robinho still getting his legs under him. Keeping Meram’s mental side healthy is going to be important for Porter.

Other items: Managing Pipa’s stamina is going to be important but man his vision is so impressive. Mensah & Sauro are both great CBs but I feel like we aren’t getting a greater sum of their parts. Chemistry between them needs improvement. Waylon is serviceable and Jimenez can do in a pinch but we are mediocre at fullback without Milton. Zardes hype train is still barreling on. Zack probably still needs some reps to get up to season speed. Trapp & Artur too as the red card vs Fire & FCC’s general ineptitude really shifted the game away from them.

The 2019 MLS season is about to start in Columbus. Greatest team ever seen and all that. This is going to be a long week.

TrueCrew repped this.
  16. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the sort of comment that can sometimes end up being jammed back in ones face a few months down the road.

That said, it has appeared for some time that FCC was putting together the best USL team in history. They remind you of the Cosmos.

Maybe Danny Szetela is looking for work. Call around a few Jersey Shore bars.

Seriously, I get that their fans pretty much thought their existing team was MLS caliber and seemed wildly offended when you implied otherwise, but you sure would have thought that the management knew the difference.

17. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if I've missed this, but what's up with FCC's jerseys? What they wore last night almost looked like a training jersey. It's certainly not their actual 2019 primary shirt: no orange stripes, and the little goofy number on the front with the back completely blank.

18. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    That was certainly their training tops. Their secondary is plain white jersey. My guess is they either don’t have their full kits ready yet (or didn’t when they embarked on their preseason trip) or it’s a mental thing done by the coaches like they’ll earn them when they finish preseason.

The Crew didn’t have names on their jerseys at all this preseason. I wonder if it was the same thing.

Tobias C repped this.
  19. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Meram should be fine...he did a lot of passing in the final third that was accurate...could have scored an easy goal that was well defended and had another easy shot on goal but he decided to pass. What might make things more difficult is not having much of a counter attack. Pipa will slow things down.

20. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not if he quickly passes up field then trails. In a counter if he tries to carry it down the field then yes he would slow the attack down which is why hopefully he stays much further up the pitch under this new system.

porchlight repped this.
  21. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I'll take the under. He might get the assists but won't reach that goal total. I'll happily bet a case of beer on Kyle Crew and would love to be wrong.

22. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, at least Meram is still getting into dangerous positions, even if he is flubbing everything. More than Robinho did.

Justin gets at least until Hansen is fully fit to turn it around. Really, I think Porter prefers one winger who tucks in (Santos, Meram) and the other to be a vertical/stretch guy (Hansen, Robinho, Opoku).

Hansen is not fit & Robinho/Opoku have not proven themselves yet, so Meram starts for now.

I will drink the Kool-Aid on Santos 5/10. I think he gets 20 pts this year (G = 2, A = 1).

BigStern repped this.
  23. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I don't get the Santos love. I'll predict 2 goals, 6 assists if he starts the whole year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's replaced at some point.

24. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point Santos > Meram, not even close.

Alneri repped this.
  25. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    A little early Crewsmas sauce??? you kidding? ..At this point..so Santos wins the Preseason? I will bet that Meram doubles whatever goals/assists Santos can produce.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.