Heerenveen! [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by RutgerB, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like van Anholt will be leaving this summer, after club management have decided to not exercise the option for extension in his current contract. Marzo will most likely move back to RB and take full time duties, while Willem Huizing should be the new back up.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Kenny Otigba could be moving to the English Championship, there's mention of several clubs showing interest in him. If St. Juste is to remain in the midfield then it's time to promote van Koesveld and Gartenmann to the pros.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Defensively a messy ending to the game, allowing Janssen to pull back another. But a 4-2 victory over AZ is always good in my books. This team has pretty much learned to score without te Vrede at this point. He was on the pitch for majority of the match but contributed next to nothing. Whereas the top players today were van Aken, Otigba, an Zeneli. Vd Boomen also had a fine game, I'd keep him as a starter to close out the season. His shooting ability has looked quite sharp, and nearly added a fifth goal in the closing minutes.

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    didnt realize Heerenveen can still make it to the playoffs for the Europa league. they just need to win 3 of the last 4. vs Ajax should be interesting though.

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    After the thrashing that Ajax gave us earlier this season, this team is gonna need to seriously shore up that defense. The other 3 games are winnable though. Most importantly in the North derby against Groningen.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  7. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dd
    Didn't somebody get red carded in that game.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nope, we were just flat out terrible. Hopefully the players have learned their lesson and solidify the defense like they did vs PSV.

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah looking at Van Aken an Otigba combo in the last few games, this time around it should be tight affair. I remember the last time around Van Aken started at left back and van den berg stated at LCB.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. Okay, my proposition is this:
    Give Excelsior a win and then beat or draw Ajax!

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Too bad mate, both are for the taking. Excelsior will need to go the hard way and try to earn a victory.

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like everyone was saving all their energy for Ajax. Apart from Larsson's screamer there really wasn't much to write about today. Te Vrede continues to get increasingly worse as the season goes on, nothing new here. Excelsior wanted it more, and deservingly get a point of this match to temporary lift them out of the relegation spots. A top 7 finish is very likely out of reach right now.

14. Hahaha...lame excuse...if your team keeps this point of view they are ready for a trashing by Ajax. But good old Foppe is more sensible than you are, so PSV will benefit.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #340 Epitome990, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Should of added a ;) after that line, and I did admit Excelsior deserved the draw right. Overall it's been a painfully medicore season where attacking imagination has been a constant struggle. A lower-middle table standing is an appropriate finish.

16. No, I was just kidding you and glad my Alma Mater neighbour at least got a point and the competitors for safety lost.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    As long as they finish above Cambuur then it's all good in my books.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They have already accomplished that!;)

19. My old auntie lives in Ljouwert, so both have to end above the red line.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Time is ticking for DKV to accumulate more points. Fortunately for them, De Graafschap have a tougher final 3 matches to conclude the campaign. Let's see if they can stay alive in the top flight, and make it for more derbies next season.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Larsson among the top goals of the week

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    St. Juste will miss the match vs Ajax after picking up an injury during the weekend. Thorsby to replace him in the starting XI most likely.

23. Boy, did the Frisian defense suck. Unbelievable how they give away the second goal, apart from the rest of the silly ways in front of Mulder.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^I thought their defense was OK, the offense on the other hand was absolutely awful. Cillessen had only one difficult ball to deal with from Heerenveen and a number of tough ones from Ajax players on back passes.

25. No, it was unbelievable so bad the Ajax attack played and yet the Heerenveen defense managed to be punctured, only to be saved by dreadful shooting of theAjax strikers up till the moment the penalty was given.