Heaps tonight

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by ftballer, Oct 10, 2002.

1. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    That's not the point. It wasn't much of a head butt either.

2. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Re:Dunseth cheap shot

Check the tape. At 70'25", Dunseth and Twellman were racing for a 50-50 ball with Dunseth a half step behind Twellman, leaning over with his elbow in TnT's ribs. He pushes TnT over, and Twellman falls on his right side, the right leg flexed, the left leg out straight. The ball is against TnT's lumbar spine; Dunseth appears to kick the ball which caroms up and out. TnT rolls to his right on to his elbows and knees, with his right leg facing Dunseth. Dunseth appears to step on TnT's right knee (or hamstring), and then volleys the ball. TnT immediately rolls the opposite direction in obvious pain.

As rkupp says, there is no proof that it was malicious, nor was it obviously benign. It was certainly worth a card, but that game's over. I guess I just want this to stick in the collective memory.

3. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Yo: It was a feeble attempt at humor - suffice it to say, I failed.

It was also Brian Dunseth who imprinted the inside of TnT's thigh with his adidas' earlier this year, too.

4. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Boston, MA USA
    well, they should sub in Frias III in the 90th minute to mess up his pretty face

5. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Don't forget that sweet little slide tackle from behind on Diallo in the box in the first meeting this year. The ball was at least 20 yards away when Brian caught him.