Health Care Reform Part IV: The Trumpening

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A wise consumer knows about shopping around. I know that I for one won't let a potentially life-threatening situation keep me from finding a bargain.

2. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was home by 7:00 AM - Back at work today, spitting venom

3. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is crazy. You should be home relaxing. Stupid American work system.

4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 18 months of sick leave built up and over a month of annual leave accrued. I could stay home if I wanted to, that's just not me.

When I'm sick and feeling ill or I'm contagious, no one will see me. When I'm on leave, no one can find me

soccernutter, flowergirl and stanger repped this.
  5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Indian thing?

rslfanboy repped this.
  6. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got protests to do...

chaski and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  7. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Well if you buy an unsubsidized individual policy on the exchange you are anomaly because 2017 saw double premium increases, and brace yourself because 2018 promises to bring more of the same.

8. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    ... thanks largely to Trump's actions designed to undermine the ACA.

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    No doubt that will make the rate increases worse, but they were going up dramatically anyway. The irony here is Trump voters will likely the pain the most.

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Terms redefined in 2009 and then again in 2017:

Budget deficits: In 2009, worst thing that could happen to US; in 2017 they don't matter anymore.
    Debt: Same as before.
    Unemployment : In 2009 5% unemployment was both unrealistic and fake news; in 2017 5% is celebrated.
    Economic growth: in 2009 3% GDP growth was not sufficient; in 2017 2% is being ahead of schedule.
    Healthcare policy prices increase : In 2009 single digit price increases for the first time in decades is not enough; in 2017 double digits is the normal thing to expect.

soccernutter and sitruc repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Motherf#ckers :mad:

President Donald Trump ended payments to health insurance companies serving the poorest Obamacare customers in order to deliberately destroy the health care law, former chief White House strategist Steve Bannon said.

“Not gonna make the CSR [cost-sharing reduction] payments. Gonna blow that thing up, gonna blow those [insurance] exchanges up, right?” Steve Bannon, the executive chairman of the website Breitbart News, said Saturday in a speech at the Values Voter Summit, a conservative convention in Washington, D.C.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59e38e26e4b03a7be5815bd2?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

12. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup.. and since he made the announcement after the deadline many states have for insurance companies setting prices, the likely result is that companies will pull out of the states completely.

dapip repped this.
  13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    6 months from now "The federal government can't do anything, amirite?'

THANKS REPUBLICANS!

Dolemite, flowergirl and dapip repped this.
  14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the senate came up with a CSR deal. Trump was for it, against it, for it.

He’s a colossal ********up.

sitruc repped this.
  15. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    21st century schizoid man.

16. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I thought this was cute ... Not sure if those numbers are 100% accurate, but it is plausible. I've gotten medical care in Europe and the price differences are shocking. I've even gotten free medical care in Barcelona, Athens and Budapest over the years.

[​IMG]

flowergirl repped this.
  17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I had a minor ear problem in Spain a few years back, went to a private hospital, got fixed. It cost me $25.

18. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Yep. I got some particle in my eye that I couldn't wash out in Barcelona. Went to some urgent care clinic late at night, they checked my eye and washed it out. Free. Another time my girlfriend at the time got head lice from a train ride. Went to a clinic in Budapest, the visit was free. All we paid for was the prescription cream.

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the 2 year a wait requirement?

Because we could get rid of the ACA and the deductions for company provided H.C.

Then reduce medicare to just basic primary care coverage with universal coverage.

Then set up some extra payroll tax to cover trips to Europe for any American that needs more than basic care.

Have the Europeans subsidize our health care costs, we will offer rebates for out of pocket expenses.

Think of the savings, maybe bussing people to Canada would be cheaper.

Just thinking outside the box.

20. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    This could work.

21. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Last I heard medical tourism is a $40 billion industry, and is growing rapidly every year. Something like 8 million Americans will seek medical care abroad at some point in their lives. India in particular is a hot destination, but also Eastern Europe or Latin America.

22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joking aside, we need more if that, insurance companies should create insensitives for people to go abroad for medical treatment.

I also think we should pay for people to retire abroad. Say you get 75% of S.S. if you stay in the USA but 100% if you move to a developing country.

23. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I thought you said joking aside?

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where's the subsidy? They charged $7.3k, didn't they?

25. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Just thought I'd throw in my personal anecdote -

I've been told I need back surgery. The Spine Clinic associated with my provider called today and informed me I will have to wait 2-3 months for a consultation visit with the surgeon (and who knows how long I'll have to wait for surgery after that). In the meantime, I'm effectively unable to do basic things, like putting on socks, sitting down, etc.

Thank goodness we don't have nationalized healthcare with those supposedly long waits we've been told comes with it.

Wait just as long but pay 10 times more - that's the American way!