He Scores When He Wants .. - The Marcus Rashford Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Marcus please go back to being humble and stop being a baby on the field when things don't go your way.

Too many times a pass didnt arrive, you threw your hands up and turned your back on the play, just for the ball to bounce back to you, and you're still pouting.

Please learn to finish, or else you're just a winger with no end product. Thanks.

doubletrouble and jeff070 repped this.
  3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Head down, run fast, kick hard. Rinse, repeat.

doubletrouble repped this.
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having a full summer off and complete rest, relaxation and recuperation, first and foremost, will be huge and very beneficial to him going into next season.
    Then he must come back refocused and ready to work hard: he's shown glimpses of what he can do and he needs to build upon that, to hopefully real, sustained progress going forward.
    And third and most important, as far as I'm concerned, he can't carry the burden of being the main guy in our attack. It's a role he's not ready for and it shouldn't be asked of him.
    That's why, not only am I looking for Martial to step up also this coming season but a guy like Nicolas Pepe is looking better and better as a viable solution for us as well: he can be the right solution we've lacked for a long time now, if we decide to play 4-3-3, or he can also partner Rashford in a front 2 whenever we decide to go in that direction.
    Either way, he has the capability of sharing the offensive load, which is what Rashford needs at this point of his career. He still can become a very, very good player but he does need to show he's learned from this poor period of form he went thru this season and continue his growth and development as not just a forward, but a football player as a whole.

5. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

6. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    The baby of the club

7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Rash gets anywhere near 300k/wk then everyone at the club should be fired because we've lost it. He should be happy if he gets over 100k/wk. He hasnt done near enough to be a top earner, even with our broken wage structure,

Side note, normalizing our wage structure should be priority number 2 behind new signings this summer. Sanchez and other players whos wages dont match their contribution need to be dealt.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Big season ahead indeed for Rashford: he'll probably get the opportunity to lead the line under Ole (whether it's by himself or with someone else). It's up to him to show he can be the player we hope he can become. The time is now.

10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hope he succeeds, I really do, but I just done see him being a 20 to 30 PL goal scorer unless his composure in front of goal gets a lot better. And if we're not getting a lot of secondary goals from the wings we are majorly looked. The only way that happens in the current squad is if Martial regains his top form.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a happy medium between the torrid form he showed when Ole first took over and the abysmal one he showed by season's end. In that spectrum, 20 goals for a whole season is not out of reach for me at all in my estimation, with him being our main 9 or one of them at least, getting regular games/minutes. Composure in front of goal is something he needs to improve on, but fortunately it's something Ole can work with him as well.
    The good thing for him is that while Ole is there, apparently he will have someone in his corner, which is important for a kid like him. Coming into the season rested and fully fit will be equally important as well. But as previously stated, this coming season will be very a important one in terms of his development. Perhaps not quite do or die, but it will not be far off from it either. He has to produce, simple as.

12. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    You're still using torrid wrong.

13. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If he is stuck between torrid and abysmal we should just shoot him.

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just having a torrid time with that word obviously. I trust it will come to me now though (in french, figuratively it means red hot, hence the confusion, I suppose)...

15. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OMG.

Is that Ashur actually admitting he was wrong? Kind of, maybe sort of?

doubletrouble repped this.
  16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Speaking of Rashford, it appears he's picked a relatively significant ankle injury yesterday. Finally he gets to completely shut it down for an extended period of time. Just hoping he'll be ready (and completely rested/fit) for the start of next season.

17. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016

Primed to break out.

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    StatmanDave selectively left out Germany because there were 5 players in that league who scored 10 or more.

Starting with Luka Jovic.

19. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Haters gonna hate.

Bundesliga is a tier 2 league, especially as they are in a downswing cycle (Bayern any Dortmund are both weaker now than they've been at most other points in the past decade). So there's a little demerit when it comes to including them. But it's still a fair point.

I'm not 100% sold on Jovic having a lot of upside. I think he is just about all he will be as a striker. Havertz, on the other hand, is an enigmatic stud.

20. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Big season ahead for Rashford and he needs to prove he can lead the line well. Jury still out on him.

21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    why? he didn't really end the season or go through it with any real momentum or hope of uptick. even with injuries taken into account.

so why would this happen? especially if you're hell bent on selling his main supply line of chances?

22. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    If by main supply you mean roughly 12% of our overall xA, then sure. Pogba isn't even in top 5 xA90. Shaw, who gets slaughtered on here for attacking output, had the same xA90.

Rashford missed a lot of chances, but he also showed the first glimpse of consistent finishing in his career.

Young players show streaks of what's developing before those improvements become mainstays in their game.

23. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Paul Pogba is 9th in the league in assist. So why do you keep comparing his Xa90 to Shaw? Where are all Shaw's assist?

He had the 2nd most touches on the team.

24. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    if that's what you believe then fine but it doesn't answer my question. what about Rashford points towards a breakout season?

you just said he missed a lot of chances. he isn't getting more clinical either. so what is the indicator for this massive upturn in output and form?

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rumors are he's about to sign a 250 per week extension. If so, our wage structure will continue to be a mess when you pay outrageous salaries just based on potential and not actual output.