He Scores When He Wants .. - The Marcus Rashford Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    @Ashur @incighte .. Yeah the report was 48 hour prior to signing and it was on telegraph but 250k is still way too much and i simply dont believe he deserves it and same for Rashford they should be around 180-200 k max.. Aguero and KDB are on 230-250 k and they are proven quality and league winners.. i wonder how much liverpool are paying to Salah Mane Firmino or Van Dijk ..

2. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Oh I agree completely from a complete perspective framework.

Unfortunately, we live in a post-Sanchez world. Perspective is skewed because of that all-world ******** up by Woodward.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  3. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our whole pay structure has been busted up and thrown out of whack by Sanchez's contract. "Deserve" unfortunately has nothing to do with it at this point and players are not going to give clubs free passes because they're inclined to feel charitable.
    They are going to want to be paid based on what they feel they deserve in the current climate/market. It's basic common/business sense 101 really...

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Giving Martial that much was stupid. Giving Rashford that much is just as dumb.

Neither player has done anything significant. Even if its about potential thats still too much.

Anonymous_United and incighte repped this.
  5. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Martial is getting paid too much but you think Rashford deserves 300k. Jesus Christ your ********ing lunacy when it comes to Rash is off the charts. You want a guy thats not even a top 20 player in the PL to get paid like Messi or Ronaldo?

Our wage structure is already a ********ing mess, but paying Rash that much would break it. DDG would look at that and want 500k per week and in relative terms he'd be justified.

We need to get guys like Sanchez and Lukaku out of here so players can stop using them as benchmarks to get more money.

6. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Dude, stop being so flippant and dramatic.

I said Rashford is going to cost us 300k. A couple posts later I agreed with AU that they should both be on 180-200k.

But Rashford will, and should, hold out for more than Martial. He's younger, he's better, he's shown year over year improvement, and he's the face of the club for the next decade.

Not to mention, he has to know that the fans will rip OT apart if Woodward ********s it up in the wake of the Herrera situation.

7. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't want to and won't have this conversation with you again, but he's not better than Martial and the stats show as much.

8. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You are really dumb.

Our mod was right.

J'can and Chaz Striker repped this.
  9. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha I had to do it. Especially since I wont be online the rest of the day. Let you guys deal with the aftermath.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why Rashford is priceless to United

https://www.football365.com/news/why-marcus-rashford-is-priceless-to-manchester-united

Definitely do not believe he's worth (or will get for that matter) 300k/wk, but we really should not be surprised at all if he gets 200. As mentioned previously, the current play structure at the club is in the dumps and any player currently in negotiations for a new deal will bleed the club dry.
    We've seen it with Martial, who ended up with a sweet 250k/wk contract and we're seeing now with the likes of Dave and odds are we'll see. Things will not change as long as Sanchez, who is the person responsible for the current situation remains at the club. And even if he leaves this summer, as we hope he does, it will take some time to repair the damage that has been made to the club's pay structure.
    Because it does not stop at just him, if we're being honest. We paid in excess of 70mil for Lukaku, paying him around 250k/wk: and now the guy's not even our uncontested starting 9? No wonder the likes of Martial and now Rashford are trying to hold the club hostage, asking for more money. We need to sort ourselves out one way or another in that department sharpish...

11. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I would sell.Lukaku and i expressed many times any change in manager he will be a goner. I would rather have Icardi or someone who could offer physicality upfront with Agility and precise finish.

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #738 Ashur, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    I would gladly take Icardi, if it weren't for the potential baggage he brings with him: it has to be a legitimate concern at this point. A guy like Werner is one I'd rather go after right now.

13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    on the planet? Rashford???

14. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    I don't see Mbappe as a No. 9. He plays better in the Henry role. So while at a glance he might be referred to as such, he's really not. I do rate him above Rashford.

Rashford can play on the wing, but he's not near as effective at getting into scoring positions from wide.

I don't know I'd consider any other U23 forwards in the name category as those two.

15. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    very bold statement.

i like Moise Kean a lot more as a 9 as one off hand example. Rashford has a loooooooooooong way to go. i can't cosign that one

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rashford is probably a lock for top 3 amongst U23 strikers in the game. Mbappe is definitely the first. After that, it depends and where they'll end up is open for debate. Gabriel Jesus is having an off year this season, but he still has to be considered a very legit prospect. Those 3 are tops.
    After that, guys like Kean, Moussa Dembele, Cutrone are exciting guys as well, with tremendous potential. Still maintain that next season will be very important for Rashford and it won't surprise me in the least to see him have a legitimate breakout year, where it finally really comes together for him. We'll see, but he's definitely positioned to do so IMO.

17. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Timo Werner has 48 goals in 89 appearances for Leipzig.

Gabriel Jesus has the same amount of goals for City, that Marcus has for us but way less games.

Bot saying they are better or not better, but they are in the same category.

incighte repped this.
  18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piatek from AC Milan would have to be considered amongst the best up and coming, young strikers in the game. Like Werner, he's right at the 23yr old mark though.

benni... repped this.
  19. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I havent seen Milan games for long time but i would be cautious if we are interested in Piatek.. couple of seasons ago Belotti was rated over 100million and then he went downward and his limitations were exposed.

20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watch Serie A pretty regularly and I never was on board with Belotti's crazy valuation last season. Wanted to see what he was going to do as a follow up and well, he proved to be something of a flash in the pan.
    I definitely don't get that feeling watching Piatek however: putting aside that they are both Polish, he's very much the heir apparent to Lewandowski, as far as I'm concerned and would definitely have him at United.
    No chance in anyone getting him this summer though, as Milan just got him in January and surely won't sell so quickly. Next summer might be a different proposition though and he's someone to keep an eye on, especially if we haven't got a striker this summer and our need for one is still present by the end of next season.

21. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Belotti was rated at 100m?? When? By whom?

22. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
  23. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Torino misjudged the market. They saw the prices floating around for Morata and Lukaku and a lot of big name teams that needed a CF and publicly set the price at 100 mil. Nobody took the bait.

I actually liked what I saw from Belotti in the few games I watched and the highlights I saw. He attacked balls in the box like few other players do. However his inability to control the ball or link up was very glaring. If people think Lukakus touch is bad they would hate Belotti.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  24. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Agree but they hype was not only created by media but lot of ex italy players iirc Vieri labelled him better than Batistuta whixh looks so criminal now...

doubletrouble repped this.