Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Why would Barca want Willian? They just bought Griezmann. Weird.

2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And they are also apparently buying Neymar back. The Willian to Barca rumour resurfaces in the UK press with frequency.

Barca buying Neymar back, maybe they will buy Pedro back also?

3. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly offering Dembele and Coutinhio for Neymar. They'll need a bench player

4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Maybe they’ll trade? [emoji2]

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looks like we may have a transfer cb from Everton

[​IMG]
    Chelsea FC

✔@ChelseaFC

· 19m

Replying to @ChelseaFC
    Lampard says he wants @KurtZouma to stay at Chelsea this season, stressing he is a fine player and a good man who will benefit our squad. #CFCinJapan

[​IMG]
    Chelsea FC

✔@ChelseaFC

Lampard reports @tammyabraham has tonsillitis and is already on the mend, while @kepa_46 has a stomach bug. He hopes both will be in contention for Barcelona next week.

On Kenedy, Lampard says he is making a 'great case' to stay at the club with his performances. #CFCinJapan

6:30 AM - Jul 19, 2019

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Amp supposedly going to a CL playing German team, but a couple other German teams and Swansea want him om loan also, Lamp said he wanted to work with him this season but in end we have plenty of cb's an d minded mids so thought better he go on loan and play more; same logic on Gilmour

8. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lamp confirms Mount to stay on first squad this season; Kennedy has chance also

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course he does we have 3 healthy wide players if he doesn’t stay. Tho I’d consider Alsono there and see how he does. I think the squad gets trimmed in Jan once everyone’s back.

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sky reports Ampadu in Leipzig for pre-loan medical

BREAKING: Chelsea youngster Ethan Ampadu has undergone a medical ahead of a potential loan move to Bundesliga side RB Leipzig according to Sky in Germany.

125 replies717 retweets5,210 likes

truefan420 repped this.
  11. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Baba Rahman probably to Marseilles for around 5 mil; anybody remember we still had him, hopefully stays healthy and has a good run in France

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Schalke bought him. 5 mill seems low but he’s had a lot of injuries so I get it.

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was on loan there, Schalke, for a couple years but did not play much loaned to Reims last season

And interesting graph re: life without Hazard, though most of the without probably against lesser teams, still say we will cope better than many think without Hazard, more balanced more team oriented others will step up and take responsibility.

Not saying Hazard a selfish player, often, perhaps too often, quite the opposite but because of his talent he was usually all the ball and focus magnet, sorta crutch, for the rest of players, now more will have to step up and try different approaches.

[​IMG]

smokarz repped this.
  14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Remember, Portugal won Euro without Ronaldo. Germany won the WC without a superstar.

I believe this new Chelsea team will be a very balanced team, with multiple players capable of changing games.

lobomojo repped this.
  15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ronaldo only missed the final, Germany had multiple players who were superstars. We’re going to miss Hazard, without a doubt. That we won a bunch of Carling Cup games without him doesn’t mean much.

Wrath repped this.
  16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2191 StamfordBridgeLions, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Even with Hazard, our problems last season and this season would always be that we don't really have that striker that we need. Giroud has been great and I'd always prefer to see him than Hazard in the 'false nine', but what we really need is an excellent and super fast striker. Maybe the Batsman will finally show his potential? Maybe Tammy is the next Harry Kane? I am not confident of that. I hope that I am wrong.

That said, IF we could buy in this market, what striker would we buy?

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Icardi

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wonder where Icardi is going. IF the newspapers are to be believed then he is being replaced by Lukaku. Icardi has his problematic agent/wife, but more importantly how quick is he? Speed is such an important part of the game these days. I like the aggression and leadership of Icardi and we could do with some more of that.

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not sure. However, while its useful to has a fast forward it’s not that important. Kane isn’t what I’d call fast. Neither is Firmino. Their both top class STs. We need a goal scorer. Icardi is that. We should have bought him in Jan when we had the chance.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Suggesting Icardi has “leadership” is monumentally bizarre. This is a guy who had his captaincy stripped and can’t stay on the pitch for personal reasons.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    We’re clearly serving out transfer ban this summer, so let’s see what happens with our strikers this year. If Tammy comes good, this conversation is moot. Another player may also appear in Europe with most other clubs not needing strikers at the moment.

I’d also urge caution about looking at strikers at other clubs; Firmino, for instance. Good player, but not a fit for all systems.

22. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think that you just answered your question here. Yes, he did get the Captaincy stripped, but he was the Captain non? He was the Captain, because he was chosen to be the Captain. He was chosen to be the Captain of Inter when he was 22 because he had some natural leadership ability non? He lost the Captaincy at 26 and is most likely leaving for another club. Nothing bizarre about it at all really.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Apparently Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and West Ham are all interested in signing Dynamo Kiev's 20-year-old Ukraine international and attacking midfielder Mykola Shaparenko. Chelsea fans have already seen Shaparenko in the flesh as he played in both legs of Dynamo’s 8-0 aggregate defeat in the Europa League last season.

24. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    30 year old man bun Gareth Bale has been offered to Chinese club Beijing Guoan where he is salary would be £1m a week. Maybe they think they are getting 30 year old man bun Andy Carroll?

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Not remotely similar. Oh, how did that end?