Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Hazard getting presented today.

... this is worse than a break up :(

2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hazard is 89 rising to 130 by all accounts. But yeah, I will be watching their games this season.

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know people think Madrid have more money than they know what to do with, but I'm pretty sure they're taking out loans to pay wages, etc. It's pretty ridiculous how they're able to skirt FFP rules. I know for sure Barca are doing this.

By the way, we're not signing Coutinho unless he lowers his wages by...quite a bit.

5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not very envious of Madrid.

While we have failed to supplement our squad in ways that would cement as a top contender, we have been unbelievably efficient in how we've gone about our business the last several years. Out here qualifying for the CL and winning the EL while teams like United who spent a billion are an absolute mess.

Madrid, Barca, PSG, etc. can't sustain the current model. It will catch up to them.

PLand1534 repped this.
  6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Madrid haven't really spent anything in 3-4 years and let go of CR7's massive wages last year. Their revenue is also the highest in the world. They are fine.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That just looks weird.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah, I saw those going around. Whatever. He gave us the best part of his career - I can’t be angry.

JimWharton, PLand1534 and Brock Hannsen repped this.
  12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've read lots of messages from current players, former players, and pundits alike. They all say the same thing:

"....he really deserves to go to Madrid."

I think I understand what they mean. He was a good player for us. But the line makes it sound like he was in the gulag for ********s sake.

"He deserves to get out of that horrible situation where he won so much at one of the biggest clubs in the world."

lobomojo repped this.
  13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I think then implication is that Madrid is the pinnacle of a footballer’s career, not that we’re a bad situation.

Don’t look at this like a bad USMNT fan looks at treatment of American players abroad! It’s about Real, it’s not about us.

MiamiNative0722, PLand1534 and Wrath repped this.
  14. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    well, to be fair, he deserves to go go a club that tries to surround him with elite talent. we refused to strengthen after our winning seasons, only responding, never pushing.

15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I get the Madrid part, but if he was at say United or Pool, I have a feeling we'd be hearing different.

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    At Pool, sure - because of their current level. When they were finishing 5th, the same things were said about Coutinho. Pogba’s departure to Real today would likely trigger similar stories. Real and Barca are unique, in large part due to their recent success, commercial appeal and excellent marketing. There’s no getting around that.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    With Hazard in the squad Real Madrid will easily finish either 1st or 2nd in La Liga next season.

Rman3349 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1968 StamfordBridgeLions, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Oh and the loans from the Spanish government, the tax breaks, the not for profit status, etc. Y'know the advantages of financial corruption.

Real Madrid also built great infrastructure and enjoyed the 20th Century being the favourite team of the Fascist dictator Franco.

Crawleybus repped this.
  19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    :rolleyes:

Whatever. You keep harping on the non-for profit status, but you clearly don’t understand what it means. Real are what they are, there’s no point crying about it. We’re owned by a Russian billionaire. So what?

20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1970 StamfordBridgeLions, Jun 13, 2019
    Not crying about it, kid. Just know that La Liga is a bullshit league. All the historical advantages Royal Madrid have had since 1920's onwards have come from the Spanish government. Real's advantage comes in the form of financial and political corruption and not in the form of "excellent marketing". Although, maybe that is great marketing, I see where you are going with that, smart kid.

I mean our Roman is a dodgy business man, an oligarch, but it's not like he has the UK government or the local borough council doing his bidding and that he avoids paying taxes now is it?

I know exactly what a not for profit status is. In terms of Royal Madrid being one it is highly dubious. The EU investigated five La Liga clubs, including Real Madrid, found them guilty and fined them a pittance of like 20 million euro's or something.

Anyways, Good luck to Hazard. Wish the lad well.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Lol, ok Tommy Robinson. Sure.

22. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1972 StamfordBridgeLions, Jun 13, 2019
    I had to put Tommy Robinson into the google and I discovered that Tommy Robinson is a far right extremist. I had heard of the Tom Robinson Band (TRB) but that is entirely different.

2-4-6-8 Motorway!

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's not your fault, it's him. You deserve better. . . .

But, yeah, it hurts :cry:

It would be easier if we were allowed to buy players and we could just "rebound".

Y'know if Roman was able to get the cheque book out and buy us MBappe and De Light and Joao Felix and Jesus.

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    The google. Sure, kid. Enjoy your xenophobia.

25. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I thought that was all about RM being Hazard’s boyhood dream, not so much about him having “done his time” at Chelsea.