Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And West Ham 2-0. My bad.

So this was beginning to be...something. Likely to see a lot more Willian and Pedro now.

CHO has to sign a new deal now, no?

2. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think so but it's all up to whoever his agent is. Can't imagine teams coughing up 30m this summer when there's the possibility of free transfer after his recovery.

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We really do need a striker for next season. A player who can grow with the club.
    the importance of strikers. . . https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47545895
    all the top clubs apart from us have goal scorers.

IF we are not banned by FIFA and article 19
    Coutinho is the player we are allegedly after

limpidrock repped this.
  4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know that we are not allowed to buy any players, BUT if we were allowed and could buy players who from that Ajax team would you like to see in Chelsea blue next season? Ajax make no mistake about it they are a selling club and they know it and accept it. Not all players are going to La Liga surely?

David Neres? i liked him, but i fear he falls over too much.

I like the CB Mattjijs de Light. - Build from the back right?
    play him alongside Christensen.
    I think we are ready for a young team.
    Bring in the full backs
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka as right back
    Ryan Sessegnon at left back
    We have the Pulisic coming in and we have the CHO
    RLC in midfield
    We can build a young team - create a buzz

Young teams don't win? right, tell that to Ajax.

in other news - Tiemoue Bakayoko, 24, wants to return to Stamford Bridge - and not extend his stay at the Serie A giants - after suffering racist abuse in Italy

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Both Ola Aina and Recce James are better than Wan Bissaka and Sessegnon. Bring those two back.

6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I almost..almost believe next season could be groundbreaking in terms of how we utilize our youth players. A transfer ban could be good for us.

Sick of tired managers like Sarri depending on guys like Luiz.. or even Conte who wanted to do things like bring in Bonucci (lol).

Ampadu, RLC, CHO, etc. all appear to be more than competent enough.

7. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wan Bissaka has been outstanding. every top club in england is linked with him already for a reason. Sessegnon on the other hand....not as impressed but i'm not sure it's all his fault either.

8. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    but to be fair, we know RLC and CHO are up for it because Sarri has given them opportunities. CHO looked incredibly raw early in the season when he played. just like RLC, Sarri spent a lot of time talking with both of them both publicly and it appears privately on things they needed to improve on and they did and he started playing them more.

Sarri has his shortcomings, but i mean how much more ideal of a situation do you want for young players then a manager willing to tell them straight up what they need to improve on then reward them when they make those improvements? do i still think Christensen should pay over Luiz? yea personally i do, but christensen has made mistakes just like Luiz. hell, Emerson started showing his worth after Sarri worked with him more and suddenly a player we wrote off is challenging for a starting spot.

we can criticize Sarri for a lot of things, let's just stick with the things that make sense and give him so credit when it's deserved. up until the injury Sarri took an almost untenable position with an 18 year old rising star who, to be fair, the papers think is the next coming of messi and should be playing every week and had his head fully turned it appeared, and stuck with his guns on saying he still needs to improve in tactical aspects, got him to listen, got him to improve, then started fazing him in to the match day squad pretty aggressively and even start games.

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I find it strange that Hazard never takes free kicks.

10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Because his set piece delivery is terrible.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I meant direct free kicks on goal.

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Still garbage.

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I dont think I've ever seen one! Is there any on YouTube?

14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1564 StamfordBridgeLions, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Good at penalties though.

His corners aint so great either.

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is the free-kick bloke

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1566 StamfordBridgeLions, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Yes, But shouldn't Sarri rotate his players more? Sarri has been incredibly stubborn with his team selection at times and it has hurt us. I mean if Sarri he stays and we can get new players, Sarri will play the same way with new personnel. We will continue to be very predictable to play against. He won't rotate players enough. He will make like-for-like subs rather than change formations and tactics. It is a problem imho

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Room-er of a right back: Youcef Atal £35million from Nice.

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Except that CHO showed in the Liverpool game he’s not ready for that kind of pressure. We don’t actually know if they’re competent enough.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One could argue that Sarri has overachieved given all of the factors. New GK, new system, new league, no preseason, superstar in the media everyday being asked if he's leaving, old players, youth players, transfer ban looming, and so on.

Cup final lost on PKs
    Semis of Europa
    Top 4 for now

A lot more leeway would have been given if this were the results in Conte's first year. It would have been branded as "rebuilding." But his league win really masked a lot of the problems we had in the squad then, which has hurt us from then on.

truefan420 and Wrath repped this.
  20. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    stubborn early on when he was still getting this system in place and had to rely on fewer players. but over the course of the season?

i can't believe how hard i'm defending Sarri. guys i get it, he's not been ideal, but at least give him credit where it's due and stop just making things up to fit a narrative.

CHO isn't ready to be first choice, and played minutes in accordance with his development.
    RLC has been introduced and earned a starting place
    Emerson basically took Alonso out of the squad for a while
    Pedro and Willian are rotating
    Giroud is the top goal scorer in europa as a backup for us
    Barkley and Kova both rotating

literally the only complaints about rotation are:
    Jorginho, but we know why and Kova has been tested in that position more so that we CAN rotate.
    Christensen could probably play more and will be the last few games now
    Zappa is out, but who cares
    Cahill is out but who cares
    Amapadu could probably have gotten more time

to be clear, i think him not changing things tactically enough IS a problem. but he's also shown later in the season that he's understanding. i forget after what game but there were reports that there was a big player meeting with Sarri and that Sarri seemed to actually listen to them. 4-3-3 is misleading as a single system and there HAVE been games where we played a more pragmatic 4-3-3 due to opposition. one could argue we should have done it more for sure. i don't think Sarri gave some mid table teams quite enough credit, or he just wanted to try to force the plan on them and we get sucker punched on the counter.

21. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If I didn't watch any games and just looked at those three factors, yeah I'd (maybe) agree. This squad either wins the league or fluffs it completely. To suggest it's the squad that's overachieving is foolish. They appear to perform in spite of who's in charge as they have been the only common denominator in the last 5 years (not management).

Not sure who's making anything up to fit any narrative. You're reaching hard to try and defend him. All this season does is show me we definitely do not need some marquee coach and that if he didn't force his "style" of play onto the team, we'd be comfortably third.

Emerson winning his place over a player who turned into a serial underperformer isn't a sign of Sarri's wisdom and understanding. RLC becoming a starter over the confirmed crap that is Kovacic, and the OK Barkley isn't exactly inpsiring decision making. CHO isn't ready to be first choice according to you. Define ready. Because Chelsea FC doesn't seem to know what ready means. I remember when KDB wasn't ready, I remember when Lukaku wasn't ready. I'm over waiting for "ready." Play the kids you know have it in them and let that be the end of it. At the end of the day we got what we wanted with CHO so that's well and good but again.. another season of Pedro/Willian rotating just gives me anxiety week in week out. No one needs to see that.

We win games in spite of him, not thanks to him. You can list reasons as to why you think he's fine, I'll keep watching the absolutely dross that is our football (what happens on the field) and use that as the basis of my opinion on him. Watching us tragic.

I will say he got unlucky on the striker front. Morata being a bust was a serious downer. Granted, we have no idea how to play the ball to our strikers bar Azpilicueta's attempts at crosses, so maybe that isn't much of a factor.

lobomojo repped this.
  22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hope some of you were able to see Pulisic play today in a rare start against Bremen. Coming off injury and scored the first goal within 5 minutes with a gorgeous solo play. Contributed all over the field and went 90 minutes. I can't wait to see him work his ass off next season and our strikers fail him miserably.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  23. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Will try and dig out some highlights to get my hopes up for next season. Glad he played well, Dortmund badly needed a win today after recent form.

24. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    We better take Madrid to the cleaners for Hazard.

25. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Only a year left on his contract so it won't be as much as you think/want.

Before yesterday's results, I was 100% sure he was going to Madrid. Now I'm only 95% sure.