Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I know he’s a great player and would make us better...but I wouldn’t enjoy rooting for him. His ridiculous histrionics are the worst. Good at any cost?

P.S. I didn’t love rooting for Diego Costa either.

lobomojo repped this.
  2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kane is on record that he wants to stay for now. He's also grew up a Spurs fan... I don't see him playing for anyone else in the EPL. If he leaves it's likely only for Real or Barca. If we can get 70 for Willian we should be all about it. Hazard I'd rather let walk for nothing than sell. He can't be replaced.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Kane is also clearly not recovered from his injuries last year - I have zero interest in Torres 2.0.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has 10 goals and 1 assist in 16 games for club. Or 1434 minutes total. That's a goal or an assist every 130 minutes. I'd take that from our starting striker any day. He also never relied on his athleticism like Torres. He will be fine. I think he's just burnt out. The injury, World Cup, nations league, champions league and epl. It's just too much.

5. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Some of those are penalties, and he's taking far fewer shots per game than he was last year. You could also see it at the World Cup when despite somewhat laughably winning the Golden Boot he was actually very mediocre (at best) from open play.

6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kane's goal scoring record is phenomenal...........and yet so many seem not to 'rate' him, because he is English perhaps? Meanwhile he just keeps putting the ball into the net for Spuds, seriously if he was offered who wouldn't take him on? There is no way he would come to Chelsea but IF he was wearing blue this season I feel he would turn us from 'also rans' into genuine title contenders.

lobomojo repped this.
  7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    IF we had Diego Costa right now, we would be top of the league. He was a git. No doubt. But he would have given us a real cutting edge.

Neymar has all that rolling around going on, but maybe he would change?
    We need a world class striker to take us to the next level, open to other suggestions, just not seeing many.

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    It has nothing to do with him being English. He was genuinely great for most of last year, and now he's clearly not at his best. I wouldn't want to buy damaged goods, because it's not clear he's going to recover from his injuries, especially since he isn't being given any time off. Given how much money it would take to buy him, that's a real and legitimate issue.

9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nevertheless anybody with a goal scoring record like his should be in great demand, if he does ever leave Spurs though I very much doubt it will be for Stamford Bridge.

10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Time for youth. Also need to make a splash in January if this isn't finalized yet. Also makes holding on Hazard an even bigger mess.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good news is if that does happen and it likely won't be 2 years but rather 1. We will prob go out and spend big in multiple positions.

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Right, I dont think it'll be a full 4 windows. It'll be something though (if all this is true, which I'm sure it is).

Bad news is January is the worst time to buy anyone.

13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How many times has FIFA tried this with us now? 2? 3? Also hilarious that FIFA has an integrity unit.

StamfordBridgeLions and Blueallthru repped this.
  14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Integrity? lmao it is beyond ridiculous. FIFA integrity unit part of the Sepp Blatter Society for honesty? Integrity. When players are being in exchanged for the vast sums of money can there really be any integrity?

That said, before they ban for us a year or two, we should buy Neymar.

15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  16. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Meh. He did this last year too. As long as Sarri is our manager he won't play for us. He's not good on the ball and his passing isn't very good.

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good for us doesn't necessarily mean play for us. Could just mean we see some of his value retained for the inevitable sale.

lobomojo and Blueallthru repped this.
  18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fair point, but I won't hold my breath.

19. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/tra...urizio-sarri-wants-200-million-transfer-spree

Is -$15m enough retained value?

Do others get excited about the targets they have listed as Sarri’s targets? I love Pulisic because he’s our (USA’s) guy, but is he the answer? Is a pricey wingback in our new system? I feel like we’ve been chasing him so long, he’d inevitably be a letdown.

lobomojo repped this.
  20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pulisic isn't even the best young player at his club and he doesn't score goals (our biggest need) so no for 70m he doesnt excite me. He's fine but we need to go all in on a couple of impact signings.

lobomojo and Blueallthru repped this.
  21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Speaking of goals, banged up striker harry kane gets another big one today. Does what a goalscorer does and puts himself in positions to score.

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yes, England continue to be good on set pieces.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fingers crossed that Liverpool get him for 70 million pounds and we buy the superior Sancho instead :D

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I love the suggestion that Pulisic should go to Liverpool to compete with Mane and Salah for playing time, instead of Chelsea where our wide players are all closer to 30. Lol