Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Blueallthru repped this.
  2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blueallthru repped this.
  3. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Was wondering the same thing. Also, no HO. Thought he was staying with the 1st team.

4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Can they be more mediocre than they have been? Can’t really believe they’ll be worse with all that added talent. Good for them for making moves.

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    He got a squad number and Sarri said he’s staying.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apperently Real is back with a 200 million offer for Hazard.

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly think it's too soon to sell unless we get our full cash back or at least put a buy back in. I think he finds form again. Just not for a team that wants to play like Sarri does. Don't follow Italian soccer close enough to know how he fits with them. Wish him the best as well.

10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wish we had bought Gareth Bale.
    Maybe next summer eh?
    He does score lovely goals that Gareth Bale.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also spends a lot of time on the trainers table. He'd have been a top class player to add but idk if he wants back to the EPL where the physicality is even more.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "Sarri apparently remains “keen on bolstering his attacking options in the coming months”, though whether that’s at striker (the club didn’t budge on Higuain — a “small regret” for the coach — in hopes of Morata coming good)"

per WAGNH

Good job club.. good job.. apparently we opted against signing Fekir and remain interested in Pulisic (I'd cry).

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We have no idea what Fekir wanted or his agents - probably a lot. Which explains why he's not here or at Liverpool. He was ripe for the plucking, but it didn't happen.

Same with Alexis Sanchez. Did you see the money United is giving this sap? Base salary, appearance bonuses, escalating signing bonuses. Plus the transfer fee. F that.

14. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not sure what you're responding to with this but I thought it was astute of the club to deny any shot of Higuain coming here and the decision to not sign Fekir was an intelligent one given his injury record.

Looking at my post again I can see why it was construed that I was mockingly sayin that. Text man.

United's transfers are a prime example of why I'm glad we haven't made certain moves.

15. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    my bad

I would love to sign Pulisic though.

Yahtzee repped this.
  16. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All good lol, I'm awful w conveying mood thru text.

Pulisic would be soooo dope.. both as a player and the marketing potential is endless

17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My thinking is he wasn't going anywhere this season. The new manager showed faith in him - they sold away some of his competition in Schurle and he's one of the main guys - which is a big ask because they haven't really filled the striker position all that well.

If Dortmund are in the top 4 in January, he'll stay put. If they're not and he's doing reasonably well, he may be open for a move. Knock Knock.

If he finishes the season at Dortmund and they're top 4 and he's got like, 10 goals with assists...blockbuster offers will come and Im not sure we could compete. A left/right sided attacker with the ability to also play in the middle? Sky is the limit.

18. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    buy and loan back for the rest of the season. would be ideal.

19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The fact he's American shouldn't enter into it but it's going to skew analysis both ways. US fans will be accused of thinking too highly of him because of his nationality. Non-US fans will likely underrate him for the same reason. It's daft, but emphasized because this is largely a US based forum.

Personally I see a quality player with great potential and would take a chance. And yes, the marketing alone is worth reaching a little. There's a reason every club of note plies their pre-season trade primarily in the US and him sitting at Dortmund isn't moving the needle as much as if he were at a much larger global club.

20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Most of the players on the US squad are a dime a dozen in other countries. There have been very few in the last few generations (let's say 2002) that are a step above that.

1. Landon Donavan
    2. Tim Howard
    3. Christian Pulisic

That's it. As a US fan, I would love for Pulisic just to stay great at Dortmund where they challenge every year and he gets progressively better. But at 19, he's phenomenal - the best attacking player we've ever had and I know he's competitive and will want to challenge himself. Dortmund is a great club, but there are 1A clubs after him. You have one chance in life and you're going to go for it.

Mentality-wise, he's an amazing, down to earth human being. Perfect for Chelsea. His stats may not be astronomical at times but its never for a lack of effort.

21. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Leaving aside the wisdom of signing Higuian or Fekir, (although arguments against would be stronger if our only striker options were not Morata with few goals and 5-7 + losses of possession per match, the unproven Tammy, and Giroud whom I like but not perhaps the perfect Sarri system everyday 1st choice, and Hazard at striker which has never worked, and AM options at the pre-C**tois tantrum time Barkley, no D decrepit Fab), what concerns me is that it appears the Club still/once again, other than no brainier Jorginho does not seem to give a toss what the managers' opinion is on who plays for him.

And it seems, with the loan of Bats, that Sarri is/will get pressure to play Morata regardless, like the Baka disaster last year.

And I am beyond understanding, with our ins and outs the last few years, our lack of depth and talent in key areas, especially the outs strengthening our direct rivals in the end like DeBruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Matic, Mata and all on the wrong side of the financial equations, why the Club gets any at all, let alone the benefit of the doubt.

That said C#@ois tantrum was greatly to our benefit in end with an exciting new midfielder and a younger, hopefully better GK I am excited for next match, feel fairly good about season if we stay healthy and find goals from other than Morata who hopefully finds a way back

Wrath repped this.
  22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would throw Mcbride and Dempsey on that list ahead of Landy*, both were far better PL players, key players for their clubs, and had the balls to consistently challenge themselves in the best leagues.

*Landy certainly did the job for the US internationally though, gotta give him that

stanger and JimWharton repped this.
  23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I could talk about the best US players since 2002 forever. McBride has an argument. Certainly Dempsey - you're right about him. If you want to do a top 5, they're definitely in it.

That said, I don't think any of those players were as right for Chelsea is as Pulisic is today. At 19, he could be a legend here and build something special.

24. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was just talking about generally, don't think any of the past ones we mentioned would have played enough at Roman era Chelsea. Pulisic certainly shows a lot of promise (have not seen him enough outside of US games), so not entirely sure yet if he is starter/key sub ready for us yet but would be interesting to see him get chance. On one hand I would not like to see him stunt growth by not playing enough here but on other hand great if he succeeds, or perhaps he becomes another great player we let go cheap before he signs for huge money to star with another top 4 side.

25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sometimes I'm not sure what I see being as reality versus what others see...

Remember that time in January when we let Conte ship off the entirely capable Batshuyai so we could give an (unprecedented) deal to the 31 year old Giroud ONLY to appease Conte? Like what are you smoking bro?

Or when we let Jose ********ing ruin any chance of us keeping the likes of Salah, KDB or Lukaku because he has the foresight of a late stage alzheimer's patient.

Laughable really, your stance. Disparaging Jorginho's signing as a no brainer? Do less. 60 mil on a midfielder specifically to the coach's liking now doesn't count towards the "do things the manager wants" tally?