Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #3026 StamfordBridgeLions, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    He who dares wins. You never know. He has 18 months left on his contract and fancies a new challenge. But like Timo Werner, why leave mid season? What does he gain for that? why move? why not wait for the summer?

So if we have ear marked players for the summer, why buy now out of panic?

However. . . loans.

Michy loaned to Villa and Giroud to Newcastle.

Chelsea have earmarked Inter Milan's Brazil striker Gabriel Barbosa, 23, as their top January transfer target - a loan - he has just finished a loan at Flamengo.

Meanwhile, Chelsea want any club in the world to take midfielder Danny Drinkwater on loan . . .anybody. Oh and pay his wages. 110k a week. Jesus wept.

Rman3349 and lobomojo repped this.
  2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Still support buying Ake who I rate far more than some, apparently...

At worst we could probably flog and profit off him for 50-80 million in summer, and at best have a sure top and versatile starter with Rudiger while Tomori learns and plays a lot, and make near most of the 40 back regardless, off a Zouma or AC sale

Dr_Intoxicated, Rman3349 and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  3. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    agreed. ideally he takes Zouma out of the lineup and makes us better overall. zouma has uses, just not as much as he's been used. we need someone fresh and he can be brought in january, those options are limited. also, he's been linked to some rivals that he would immediately make better, don't think there's really any reason to let that happen when we could use him. not to mention he could cover at LB, can play as a two or three at the back, his versatility is nice.

Dr_Intoxicated, Blueallthru and lobomojo repped this.
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If Ake wants to come back and we will play him, I'd rather we do that than spend 100m on a Koulibaly.

Speaking of which, I haven't watched Alaba that much, though I do know he is an elite player. However, if he joined us next summer, he'll be 28 with another Euro2020 on his legs. Is he sturdy in terms of injury history? How many years at elite level is he/will he be? (note - I think all this is a ploy to get a better contract at Bayern, but that's the way it goes)

5. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i thought i read something about the decline of Alaba last year, but the past year i haven't paid enough attention to know where he stands now. i remember him being incredible 3-4 years ago though. tempted to think this isn't the profile we are quite looking for at the moment though.

6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Canadian kid is his replacement. This isn't all that far fetched. Not saying his link to us is concrete, but Alaba wanting out or Bayern looking to offload him because they see Davies as an already made replacement.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ever since Shevchenko, I'm always slightly worried as to why non-selling clubs would sell. 98% of the time it's always injuries.

Dtrip77 and Rman3349 repped this.
  8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That will be interesting if he goes to wingback as I think he was touted as a winger.

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Drinkwater off to Villa on loan.

His contract runs until June 2020. 35m pounds plus wages all down the drain.

Other interesting transfers from summer 2017:

Ox to Liverpool: 35m
    Sakho to Palace: 26m
    Aurier to Spurs: 23m
    Sanchez to Spurs: 42m
    Sigursson to Everton: 45m
    Matic to United: 40m
    Mendy to Man City: 52m
    Ederson to Man City: 35m
    Morata to Chelsea: 60m
    Bakayoko to Chelsea: 40m
    Walker to City: 45m
    Lukaku to United: 75m
    Rudiger to Chelsea: 29m
    Lacazette to Arsenal: 46.5m
    Salah to Liverpool: 34m

And Guzan to Atlanta: Free

Boris10 and lobomojo repped this.
  10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least we will free up the wage bill quite a bit this summer. Drinkwater, Pedro, Giroud all leaving (some maybe sooner). Potentially Willian tho I know the club wants to bring him back.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There's no visibility into how much players earn, unfortunately. Some sites have reported figures.

I think based off of his transfer fee, Drink is making a ton. Reportedly 110/week.
    Giroud started at 60/week with us. Now up to 110/week, as well.
    Pedro around 100/week.

That's all quite a bit of loot. Willian, better than all three of those players - maybe combined - is on 120/week.

I think we will re-sign Willian for either the same amount or a little lower. If we want to go lower, he might demand a 2-year deal, which we don't often do for older players.

If we make the CL, then great. We can attract great players and pay your basic high salary w/ fee. If we miss out on CL, we'll need to overpay on salary.

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    supposedly we are far along in negotiations with a Premier League Center back for 50 million not named Ake :confused: with AC out to make room

I can't figure who I would actually want and would be an improvement that we could actually get:confused: maybe we are buying Gaz back:cautious:

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Two fresh rums:

1. Gedson Fernandes loan to buy, 55m
    2. Metz striker Habib Diallo, 20m

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes no sense. AC we will regret. I don’t think he’s a great fit with our side but he would kill it for a team like City or Barca.

15. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea we def need to lock up UCL. We may be able to snag a small fee for Giroud which would be a nice parting gift. Very interested in seeing what we do this window. I hope we don’t spend stupidly.

16. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Also, Duncan Castles is reporting we've agreed personal terms with Mousa Dembele's representatives. O'L say no deal. O'L may not have a choice.

Also, Matt Law is reporting no offer for Fernandes. I'll believe him first.

lobomojo repped this.
  17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Marc Guehi to Swansea. Loan for remainder of the season.

lobomojo and truefan420 repped this.
  18. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, that's a good deal for Guehi if he can contribute. This is an 18 month deal and apparently he will play right away. Apparently Swansea wants another of our players.

And getting Dembele would be pretty great in January. Does the team seriously have no power? Lyon are through to the knockouts and he is their leading goalscorer (though Depay is only one behind; after that, there is a huge dropoff).

Blueallthru repped this.
  19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They have tons of power. However, the last thing they want is an unhappy player because they're struggling in lead and are already on their second manager this season. O'L also operate on funds from transfers so there's that angle. If he goes for £50m, that's a lot of their budget (may be more than that).

20. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Flash enough cash in front of Jean-Michel Aulas and he'll offer up his mother if you ask him.

Blueallthru repped this.
  21. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Latest is ~45m with Giroud. Let's do it.

I don't think he's coming in to lead the line, but we need someone to take the all the weight off of Tammy, who has done really well for the most part.

Dembele is 23 years old and has a nice rate of goals in him (though, didn't Michy?). 103 goals in 231 appearances spread out over a career with Fulham (1 year Prem, 2 years Championship), Celtic, and Lyon. Goals by season:

Fulham 13-14: 2 apps, 0 goals
    Fulham 14-15: 15 apps, 2 goals
    Fulham 15-16: 46 apps, 17 goals
    Celtic 16-17: 49 apps, 32 goals
    Celtic 17-18: 39 apps, 16 goals
    Celtic 18-19/Lyon 18-19: 52 apps, 23 goals
    Lyon - present season: 27 apps, 13 goals

Though I believe he will be cup tied for CL? Or is that not a rule anymore.

22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    think you get 1 exception/exemption before the round of CL 16, but not certain, but I'd take him for just the PL if not

talk of Lemar for 50 million but I want players teams don't want to lose on way up not "failed to impress" players being offered by clubs who don't want their wages

23. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He is 24 and has potential. I wouldn't be opposed to a loan with option to buy as mentioned. If lucky we end up with a Salah or KDB. If not, we just don't buy.

24. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    maybe we can reunite him with baka!

City definitely got the best of that monaco side with Silva. Look at the recent fees Monaco has received for these players (US$)

Mbappe: 165m
    James: 85.5m
    Lemar: 80m
    Martial: 68m
    Mendy: 65.5m
    Silva: 57m (a bargain)
    Fabinho: 51m
    Tielemans: 51m
    Bakayoko: 45.5m

Incredible!

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lamp on transfers:

"
    On Moussa Dembele speculation
    “He’s a player I know and a player the club know, but I’m surprised to see his name crop up so frequently in relation to us to be brutally honest.

“And I could say the same thing about a number of players this week. I don’t want to go cut and dried on anyone. But it’s not one we’re openly talking about.”

Close to any other signings
    “No, not at the moment. But what is close? It’s January, and if it’s right we’ll look at it.

“Nothing’s imminent, we’re not going to have any big news today, or tomorrow.”"

the Blues boss insists that Christensen will not be going anywhere this month.

"Yes, I can rule it out," Lampard said. "I like Andreas as a player. I’ve always liked him. I used to train with him and saw the talent coming through. What I want from Andreas to be is the best he can be."