Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, as I have perhaps stated we should buy the CB Kalidou Koulibaly because he can also play at RB and LB. He would cost more than Chillwell, but then I think he has the potential to be more useful than Virgil VD. AND I think we need to include some experienced players to play alongside our yoof.

Now IF we are just just going for a LB, then Chillwell is better than Alonso and Emerson. He is a better defender. He is also extremely fast. Who do you have in mind who is better? Money? Meh, everybody is over-priced, who is better?
    [other posters please chime in with your suggestions too]

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    So, Ian Darke... (I've always liked him, great lad, knows the game and one of the best commentators out there.His pairing in '14 with McManaman was hilarious at times and the only good thing to come out ofthat particular cup for England)....says that young Chills (ya just gotta figure thats what his nick will be) should hoof it off to Chelsea as he;ll have a better chance at wining trophies.

As I said, good lad that Darke.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I feel even better about my opinion of Chilwell if Ian Darke likes him.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I mean he is a Pompey fan..but if you don't like Ian Darke, you don't like football.

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chilwell played well tonight, as did Barkley.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I haven’t said I don’t like Ian Darke (I’ve never met the man).

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2657 StamfordBridgeLions, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    You've never met Frank Lampard either but you don't seem to like him much.

AND you have never met Ross Barkley and you certainly do not like Ross Barkley.

Crawleybus and lobomojo repped this.
  8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Like?

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The players are getting even younger. . .Chelsea are one of a host of Premier League clubs chasing 15-year-old attacking midfielder Charlie Allen, who has broken into the first team at Northern Irish champions Linfield FC

Maurizio Sarri wants Emerson Palmieri, 25, and N'Golo Kante, 28, to leave Stamford Bridge for Juventus [according to the Daily Express]. Which is odd as I seem to remember that Sarri would never really comment on transfer targets at all.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Always nice when Chelsea players play well for their international sides (w/r/t) Barkley.

11. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did he actually comment on them?

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He was good last night. Actually one the best performances I've seen from the guy in a long time which, ok... isn't that high a bar but, still...

Drove the ball forward, took people on, got forward ahead of the CF and onto the end of balls through so there was rotation and the defenders were pulled all over the pitch.

If he played like that every week he'd be a fixture in our side as well.

But my guess is, he won't :(

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I think Barkley can be very good against inferior opposition.

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, he was also decent in the NL run and played in our win over Spain last year so I'm not sure that's true.

The problem with Barkley is he's sometimes a 7/10, (or an 8 or 9 as he was last night), but he's usually more of a 4 or 5.

Wrath repped this.
  15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    So you don’t think he’s good against inferior opposition?

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, he's a lot more likely to look good against inferior opposition because they're inferior, obviously. I'm just saying that he can look decent against better sides as well on occasion.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hard to say, various media outlets are reporting the story.

18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, I don't worry too much about Barkley as I have only ever seen him as a squad player for us. It has to be said that there have been many managers who see something in the lad, including Sarri, Lampard and Southgate. Many of us, don't seem to be seeing the same thing. The return of RLC, the further development of Mount and the possibility of a more creative and goal scoring Kovacic AND Barkley gets sold and we make some profit on the 15 million quid we paid for him. As I say, the Barkley 'issue' or the scapegoating of Barkley doesn't mean much to me tbh.

Clan repped this.
  19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sure. All suggestions on a post card to 'Chelsea FC Big sawker forum.

20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Isco? Isco is being frozen out at Real Madrid and Juve are looking to pounce in the January transfer window. We have been linked to isco in the past, is he a player that we might be interested in?

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    OK. I made no comment as to that, so we don’t disagree on my point.

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    That brings up an interesting question though.

Who can say what kind of player Lampard is looking for.I mean, we can use his (very) limited time at the Rams and say he likes a young attacking player and a good sized center half, as he brought them in on loan from Chelsea.
    Or was that because Morris recommended them?

Point being, on his own, what is he apt to go for.

Personally, I think his first purchase isn't going to be a left back, I happen to think it's going to an out and out right footed right winger (imagine that eh, a righty on the right).

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Are we giving Lampard control of transfers? That’s not a question that has been answered.
    I’m also not convinced the club will be thrilled with him making his first purchase in the same position on which they just spent 60mm and where they just gave CHO a massive deal.
    I would expect someone who can spell Kante, or if not spell, at least a someone who can play box to box.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Part of the interesting question would be answered with such a purchase though.

Personally, I'm not on board with Lampard wanting Pulisic as a long term winger, and am on board with him wanting a long term winger to replace Pedro/Willian.
    Which would tie into the long term CHO deal.

Of course Lampard will have input on any purchase going forward and (again) personally I believe it will be up to him to lay out the merits to the brokers of deals at the club to get their approval.
    I have no evidence to support or to the contrary, does anyone really, but I think he is too ambitious to take the job being told that basically "you'll have to make do with what we give you and like it"

Even Sarri, who spent the entire season saying he wasn't or didn't want involvement in transfers, got his man at the beginning.
    I expect Lampards first purchase will be all about Lampard and also to be a wide right man.

Just my opinion.

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Sarri was brought in to completely retool the team, and I doubt Lampard pitched that to management. So I don't think that's a similar comparison. I have no idea what kind of management structure he has, but I'm also not sure he had all that much leverage when he took this job - no on else was going to give him this kind of position.