Have we met?

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by kaiserwilhelm, Sep 18, 2002.

1. kaiserwilhelm

kaiserwilhelm New Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Oklahoma
    I come to a crew game every year right after the 4th of July. I live 900 miles away so I think I have an excuse.
    Do you go to games? Did you sit with the v-army? I must admit I do not remember most of the game....(something about a Short Bus and Tim Howard) but I am trying to put a face with a name.
    My wife and I enjoy a brew or two.....er I mean a few and are always looking for someone to have a beer with while we are in town. Showing up 900 miles from home into a vacant parking lot 3 hours before the game takes a set of balls. That I have. We had a great time with the v-army both years we have gone and I am just trying to figure out if I have met you.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not, as I have said many times, a joiner. This is, however, something of a copout, since as far as I know there aren't really a lot of rules or secret handshakes involved with V Army. In fact, I suspect that just about anything short of wearing a DC jersey would be OK with them and they might ignore that as well if you bring enough good beer.

So no, I'm comfortable saying that we've never met. But certainly we can correct that. As for the Nabobs of the North End, I told my wife I'm going to show up one of these games with a keg in the back of my van and ask if it covers my dues.

3. kaiserwilhelm

kaiserwilhelm New Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Oklahoma
    A Baptist that likes to drink beer....that is almost as funny as a Church of Christ'er who finished the world of beers at a few restaurants.....wonder who that could be?
    BTW, I would venture to bet that I am just a little more "right" of center than you. I must admit I used to be a strong supporter of Buchanan. Now, he really pisses me off with the anti war crap. I swear I heard him back in 90 telling me we would need 50K body bags...seems like it ended up at 240 or so.
    Well, nothing crew related here. Just interesting to find a conservative who likes Ann Coulter, the Crew, and good beer. Not too many of us out there.
    BTW, I think V-Army would love the Keg. We got hooked up with them by visiting this forum 2 years ago and asking the "fun loving, beer drinking" section could be found.

4. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What? There's beer in the NE??!!

I remember one time Ben brought a keg to the tailgate...heh.