Have the draw procedures been posted?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Mr Globe, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't help but see the irony of a Juventus fan thinking something fishy went on.

Thezzaruz, Paul Calixte and themanlarry repped this.
  2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As long as the draw is run smoothly there should be no complaints. :thumbsup:

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL you know Juventus is known for fishy things as well by the way? In the last few seasons, Juventus themselves have been in relationships with a number of the Serie A refs in terms of fixing matches.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not sure what you're getting at. Its not like the hosts got an easy group last time (nor in WC 2010 for that matter).

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    2010 was not rigged. That was a fair draw.

Well in 2014 no their group wasn't that easy, but keep in mind Mexico and Croatia were not in great form prior to the World Cup and and were not expected to do well at all. They were really underperforming before but surprised at the World Cup.

And boy were Croatia robbed vs Brazil. That game was just horrendous. Clearly rigged. Mexico were also disallowed 2 legit goals against Cameroon.

6. EricJohn

EricJohn Member

Oct 18, 2017

Mexico should have won that group.

Also, before the draw took place and before we knew what cities Mexico would be playing in...Mexican travel agency was already selling travel packages that would be on a cruise ship. You would be traveling from city to city on a cruise ship. And what happened?

Mexico was drawn into its position allowing them to go port to port on a cruise ship.

Natal, Fortaleza, Recife.

All in Northern Brazil.

Hmmmm.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Breaking news: Brasil has a long coastline! :eek:

Nine of the host cities were either right on the coast or within a short bus trip from the coast. And that excludes Manaus which I assume is fairly accessible by boat given that it sits along the biggest river in the world.

But why let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory? :D

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To be honest Brazil shouldn't have even advanced. Mexico should have won that group, and I am convinced if Brazil vs Croatia was done correctly, Croatia would have beaten them. Brazil was really not that strong in that World Cup.

This is the events that occurred in the game:

1. Croatia leads 1-0
    2. Neymar elbows Modric really hard, should have been sent off
    3. Olic was running in a counterattack and Alves trips him (People say he should have been sent off, but he should have at least gotten a yellow, and a free kick awarded for Croatia. Nothing was given which is what led to Brazil's first goal).
    4. Neymar equalized before half time. Score is 1-1.
    5. Half Time: Brazil 1-1 Croatia
    6. Lovren is just behind Fred in the penalty box, and Fred clearly dives. Lovren did not even touch him. Penalty to Brazil rewarded.
    7. Brazil scores the penalty. 2-1 Brazil.
    8. Perisic equalizes, and the goal is called off for some odd reason. Maybe foul on the goalkeeper, but there was not even contact. Goal should have stood.
    9. Ramiras kicks Rakitic in stoppage time which makes him fall and lose the ball. Nothing is given which allows Ramiras to keep going and feeds the ball to Oscar who scores the third goal.
    10. Oscar makes it 3-1 Brazil
    11. Full Time: Brazil 3-1 Croatia

While there was controversy in many World Cup games. That game was clearly rigged. Unacceptable officiating. One or two of those might be acceptable, but so many incidents in that game. Refs make mistakes, and I really hate to blame the refs, but this game I just had to. It was atrocious. Its hard to say what would have happened if the game was officiated properly, but considering how the teams were playing I think a 2-1 win for Croatia would have been a good guess.

9. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    If there was a conspiracy tomorrow in the draw? How do you think the groups would look?

10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd say this is a good guess if the draw is rigged:

Group A: Russia, Peru, Egypt, Australia
    Group B: Germany, Colombia, Sweden, Saudi Arabia
    Group C: Brazil, England, Denmark, Japan
    Group D: Portugal, Mexico, Iceland, Morocco
    Group E: Argentina, Spain, Costa Rica, Nigeria
    Group F: Belgium, Croatia, Senegal, South Korea
    Group G: Poland, Uruguay, Iran, Serbia
    Group H: France, Switzerland, Tunisia, Panama

Not necessarily the exact letters, but I see FIFA doing something similar to those groups. The letters I just did in order to rank, so that would be mixed up more.

jagum repped this.
  11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just did a manual draw myself, here is what I got:

Group A: Russia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Denmark
    Group B: France, Iran, Nigeria, Croatia
    Group C: Portugal, Switzerland, Egypt, Japan
    Group D: Poland, Iceland, Colombia, Australia
    Group E: Belgium, Peru, Panama, Sweden
    Group F: Brazil, England, Senegal, Serbia
    Group G: Argentina, Spain, Morocco, Costa Rica
    Group H: Germany, South Korea, Uruguay, Tunisia

This draw has a few interesting matchups, but I think I'll take the real draw. I do not like Group E at all, as it would be a walkthrough for Belgium literally. I think the only groups that aren't obvious are Groups A, D, and F.

12. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No matter how the draw turns out someone will claim conspiracy because Team A and Team B are in the same group and/or Team C and Team D somehow managed to avoid each other yet again. Happens every time whether it's World Cup or Champions League.

Forzabarca repped this.
  13. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    So you admit it's all rigged!!!!!! It's all just Sophia Loren and hot balls!

J

:)

14. holado

holado Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Europe
    Switzerland usually gets the easiest group, let's hope that this time they don't get the Russia/Poland/Belgium-Iran-Panama type of group. They have a decent, though not that interesting, squad and can actually advance from a tougher group this time.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  15. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They have always had a decent squad honestly. Kind of an underrated team. I put Switzerland around the same level as England, just a little below Portugal.

16. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly.

It reminds me of the college basketball forum I go to in March.

"well they are just putting Team A and Team B in the same region to create storylines, this thing is rigged"

And I'm sitting there thinking "well you can basically take ANY two teams and create a story line" lol

unclesox repped this.
  17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I personally don't believe it's rigged.