Has anyone scored off a free kick in MLS Extratime 2002?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ted Cikowski, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    how come the computer scores every time off of free kicks but I can't?

also, can anyone beat the all star level on a regular basis?

2. markask

markask New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    long island, new york
    yeah seems anytime i commit a foul outside my box, its just as good as a penalty kick for the opposition.

I've finally gotten down scoring off corners, but im still working on free kicks.

I'm not up to All-Star Level yet, but I've surpassed Amateur.

3. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    I am trying all star level. I have 2 wins 6 losses and a draw. I've managed to score a whopping 4 goals in 9 matches.

Mcbride has one, Buddle has two and Cunningham has the other. I can't even get my midfielders anywhere near the box. Perez sucks in this game. Demarcus Beasley is lightning fast and Stoichkov never misses a shot. I hate the FIre.

4. Mr. Oz

Mr. Oz New Member

Aug 29, 2001
    California
    Gonna have to give you a big hell yeah on that one. One thing you need to learn is to hit your set pieces. Corners, freekicks, penalties.

Aim for a corner, upper 90. Keep the bar low but juice up on power. It takes practice and you can't hit it everytime, but when you do, it's sweet

5. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    i have once with mathis and once with donovan. i have scored a couple coners on headers with mathis and once with Faria.also does anyone know how to place a created player on an mls team in mls mode?

6. Nakeem 2006

Nakeem 2006 New Member

Sep 29, 2000
    i score free kick goals all the time in rookie mode, in all star mode it is too hard.

7. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that I have scored one or two. If I recall correctly, it was with Preki. But even with him as my designated free kick taker I still hit the wall or shoot over the crossbar more often than I get it on frame. And the computer controlled teams are much more proficient at scoring on free kicks than I am.

8. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't be done as far as I know.

Otherwise I've got Dario Fabbro and Igor Simutenkov created and they're just waiting to "sign" with the Wizards.

9. Mr. Oz

Mr. Oz New Member

Aug 29, 2001
    California
    Try making their nationality to American. See if that works.

10. Nakeem 2006

Nakeem 2006 New Member

Sep 29, 2000
    well i know how to get a player called DUMMY on my team. Make up some players and put them on a team and save thier formation as a 3-4-3.

then take a MLS team and try loading the other teams formations setting and there will appear out of nowhere a plyer named "dummy" on your team who is number 99.