Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - NSROT [12 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    they're not even red...they're like pinkish purplish red. terrible.

2. Footfield119

Footfield119 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    I'm excited about the whites.

3. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So last night I was pretty bored, and reading up on a bunch of iPod hacks... I decided to figure out how they work, and implent a few themes onto my iPod. Turned out better than I expected (sorry the pics are so bad, I took them really fast with my phone, and my phone doesn't really enjoy taking pictures of other bright technology):

Charlotte 49ers Womens Soccer Theme
    Menu screen:
    [​IMG]

Now playing:
    [​IMG]

4. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Manchester United
    Menu screen:
    [​IMG]

Now playing:
    [​IMG]

5. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    happy 4th of July

Beach and then BBQ and fireworks

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh waste of time honestly I wish i was making some $$$ atm :eek:

Cloudy and shite outside..

Kait did you look at the iPod linux??? :D

7. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Waste of time celebrating your country? I'm Canadian and I am celebrating! =p

Yeah I read about it but didn't use it. May give it a go later.

I've decided I want an iPhone, just for the fact that a guy now has a tutorial on how to activate it without AT&T. So basically, it wouldn't be an iPhone anymore, it'd be an iEverythingButAPhone. But I like all the other features of it.

So I have added that to my list of "wants that I will never ever actually get."

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunno about running it with another carrier best bet would be getting one from Europe in a bit since it will have 3G not crappy Edge I may get one still but I don't wanna shell out $500+!!! I'd rather get a 5mp Sony Ericsson so I can go nuts with that :eek:

9. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wouldn't run it with another carrier, I just would not have the phone. I only want it for a touch screen featurepacked ipod/wifi internet/etc.

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

How much would you say a pair of Size 11 suede shoes weighs?

A) Less than 1kg
    B) Less than 2kg
    C) Less than 3kg
    D) More than 3kg

I ask because I'm trying to work out how much it will be to send my shoes in the post.

11. Endothermic777

Endothermic777 New Member

Jul 4, 2007
    UK
    Id go with C but I might be wrong, suede isnt that heavy of a material I dont reckon.

12. oconnor16

oconnor16 New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Canada
    Well... How heavy are the soles? I had a pair of suede Adidas, which were very heavy, and I currently have a pair of suede Puma future cats, which are quite light. Like Endo said, it isn't a very heavy material, so the weight of the shoe depends on other things aswell.

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Not very. I would say they are very much an average pair of shoes.

14. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YEah I just don't wanna dish out over $600 just to get one..

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kait, how did you do that to your ipod?

appleCORR

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Hold both in your hand, if u can do a bicep curl with them, they're under 2kg :p

Dunno why I felt the need to take that pop-shot, must be my "special time"...

17. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google modifying your ipod a ton of that stuff should come up there are things such as:

iPod Linux
    Ect

Heres the thing it voids your warranty or w/e but heck 1 year on an iPod nothing ever happens so screw it :p

Apps I think this site should have a ton of info: http://forums.ipodhacks.com/

-Dev

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmm .. i probably won't bother doing it then. I only got my ipod in January so i still have 6 months cover. Maybe i'll give it a whirl once its run out!

appleCORR

19. Footfield119

Footfield119 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Just get a Helio Ocean. 300$ less and seems to have more capabililties, if you can sacrifice the touchscreen. Although an Ocean was my main goal for the summer, I think I'm just going to get a LG enV. It still has a QWERTY pad, so its all good. :p

20. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    i really am not a huge fan of touchscreen phones. my best friend has a t-mobile mda, and it just gets gross if you don't use the touch stick that comes with it. and the stuff on the screen is hard to click if you don't use it either.

honestly, my phone plays music, goes online, takes pics/videos, etc.. and I rarely use any of it. I haven't come across a camera phone that can take a picture anywhere near the quality of my digital camera. and if i want pictures that badly, i'll lug around a camera and sacrifice convenience for quality. and I can't connect my phone to my stereo to play music in my car, so I still need my ipod every time I go out.

it's kind of ridiculous how cellphones have gotten out of hand already. over $1000 for a prada phone.. GIVE ME A BREAK.

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My brother has a samsung phone thats partly touch sensitive and he keeps cutting ppl off with his big fat cheek when he's talking to them! hahaha! :D

I just have a sony ericsson W880i and i love it. Once you get used to how tiny the buttons are its a fantastic little phone.

appleCORR

22. oconnor16

oconnor16 New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Canada
    So Foot, did you buy the Ocean, or are you getting the enV? I'm confuzzled...

23. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The w880i dam those things got good cameras!!!

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/1183635908121520.xml&coll=1

Some guy a block down if you read the 3 pages got arrested for using fireworks last night dam that was the most cops I've seen like 30-70 cars and a helicopter 28 arrested also.....

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The camera on them is fantastic i just wish it had a flash! But, to be honest it takes better pictures than my digital camera. They are so sharp. And they are photo size when you load them up onto your computer.

appleCORR

25. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many Megapixels or w/e one of those would allow me to get all the crap that I do at NY games its so fun :D