Haitians Abroad

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by SMerisier, Jul 16, 2008.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Jean Sony Alcenat on trial with Portugese team Leixoes

2. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    And midfielder¨Peterson Joseph signs with SC Braga in Portugal

Petterson é reforço
    MÉDIO DE 18 ANOS É INTERNACIONAL PELO HAITI
    O Sp. Braga assegurou a contratação de um jovem haitiano de nome Petterson Joseph. Internacional nas camadas jovens, é visto como um jogador de grande futuro e insere-se na política da SAD minhota de segurar bem cedo talentos pouco conhecidos (como são exemplos Jair Baylon, Kazeem ou Kalaba).

Formado no Aigle Noir – uma das principais equipas daquele país das Caraíbas –, Petterson costuma ser referenciado pelo capacidade física e entrega ao jogo. Chega a Portugal ao mesmo tempo que o compatriota Jean, que se encontra a treinar-se no Leixões.

Com o mercado de transferências aberto, também se fala em saídas. Rentería afirma desconhecer uma proposta de um clube da Bolívia. “Não sei do interesse do Santa Fé. Não posso falar mais porque sou multado”, referiu ao jornal

3. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Haitian midfielder signs with Vancouver Whitecaps.

VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today the signing of midfielder Kenold Versailles, pending international clearance. Versailles has agreed to a two-year contract - plus an option.

"Kenold is a big, strong, athletic central midfielder who can distribute the ball well," said Whitecaps head coach Teitur Thordarson, who discovered Versailles at the United Soccer Leagues Men's Player Showcase in Charleston, South Carolina last month.

Versailles, 24-years-old, played his youth soccer at the Centre for Kids, which was sponsored by the Haitian Ministry of Sports, from 1999 to 2003. During that time, he was also a member of the Haitian national youth teams, where he participated in his country's efforts to qualify for the FIFA U-17 World Cup Trinidad and Tobago 2001 and the FIFA U-20 World Cup United Arab Emirates 2003. The native of Carrefour, Haiti, was also a member of the U-23 Olympic team in 2004 before earning five caps at senior international level.

"I am excited to be coming to Vancouver and start a new chapter in my soccer career and life," said Versailles. "I have heard a lot of positive things about the city and look forward to playing for the fans."

At club level, the 6-foot-2, 165-pound midfielder, played seven years in Division 1 Ligue Haitienne - the top league in Haiti. From 2002 to 2005, Versailles played with Racing Club Haitien, winning the league's Clôture title in 2002. From 2006 to 2007, he starred with Roulado Gonaives.

4. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Haitian defender signs with 2nd division Club Desportivo Chaves in Portugal.

Red Bulls Academy player and Haitian International Chiroc Jean Baptiste to Portugal
    Chiroc Jean Baptiste, a central defender, originally from R.C. Haitien in Haiti has been in the NY/NJ area playing for the Red Bulls Academy and attending Columbia High School in NJ. He has secured a spot with the juniors team of Grupo Desportivo Chaves in Portugal with the goal of earning a senior
    team spot in June.
    click on image for external link
    posted by FoW

5. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Haitian midfielder Jean Sony Alcenat signs 2 Years and half contract with Portuguese Club SC Leixoes.

Leixões - Haitiano Jean Sony contratado por dois anos e meio
    O futebolista haitiano Jean Sony vai reforçar o Leixões, quarto classificado da Liga portuguesa, tendo hoje assinado um contrato de dois anos e meio, disse à Agência Lusa fonte oficial do clube.

O jogador, que actua como defesa e médio, pelo lado direito, estava a treinar à experiência no clube matosinhense desde 05 de Janeiro e as suas características agradaram ao treinador José Mota, que não vai poder contar com o habitual defesa direito Vasco Fernandes, por lesão, durante cerca de dois meses.

Jean Sony, de 22 anos, é internacional AA haitiano e representava o Aigle-Noir, do campeonato do seu país, sendo o segundo reforço dos leixonenses no mercado de Inverno, depois da contratação do defesa colombiano Angulo.

6. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    And haitian international defender, Frantz Bertin leaves Swiss club FC Lucerne to Greek OFI Heraklion

http://www.ofi.gr/

Ç äéïßêçóç ôçò ÐÁÅ-ÏÖÇ áíáêïéíþíåé ôçí áðüêôçóç ôùí ðáñáêÜôù ðáéêôþí:

MARIUS SULEAP (ãåííÞèçêå óôéò 11-9-1979) , JUAN JOSE BEZARES ALARCON (ãåííÞèçêå óôéò 17-5-1981) ANDERSON LUIZ PINHEIRO (ãåííÞèçêå óôéò 13-12-1981), FRANTZ BERTIN (ãåííÞèçêå óôéò 30-5-1983).

Ï MARIUS SULEAP (èá Ý÷åé óôçí öáíÝëÜ ôïõ ôïí áñéèìü 25) õðÝãñáøå óõìâüëáéï ðïõ Ý÷åé äéÜñêåéá 30 ìÞíåò. ÐñïÝñ÷åôáé áðü ôçí ïìÜäá F. C. Snagov ôçò Ñïõìáíßáò. Åßíáé õðÞêïïò Ñïõìáíßáò.

Ï JUAN JOSE BEZARES ALARCON (èá Ý÷åé óôç öáíÝëÜ ôïõ ôïí áñéèìü 24) õðÝãñáøå óõìâüëáéï ðïõ Ý÷åé äéÜñêåéá 6 ìÞíåò. Ðñïçãïýìåíç ïìÜäá ôïõ åßíáé ç F. C. Candiz . Åßíáé õðÞêïïò Éóðáíßáò.

ÏÉ ANDERSON LUIZ PINHEIRO (èá Ý÷åé óôç öáíÝëÜ ôïõ ôïí áñéèìü 20), FRANTZ BERTIN (èá Ý÷ç óôç öáíÝëÜ ôïõ ôïí áñéèìü 15) õðÝãñáøáí óõìâüëáéï ãéá 6 ìÞíåò óõí 2 ÷ñüíéá.

7. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Real Salt Lake draft haitian international defensive midfielder Jean Marc Alexandre.

A NFL strong safety in a soccer uniform. Massive, strong, and intimidating. Good long range shot, nice passing, and a little ball skill. With some coaching I see big upside as a holding mid, but is raw in current form.2008: Sunshine State Conference Player of the Year, Offensive player of the Year. Daktronics First Team All-American, NSCAA Third Team All-American.

8. eyemeagalot

eyemeagalot New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Club:
    Palm Beach Pumas
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Have any of you guys heard of a guy called Fabrice Noel? this guy played high school soccer against me in Palm Beach County, he was amazing. truly a talent. I remember him getting drafted straight out of high school for the Colorado Rapids and scoring in his debut. After that, i think he got released the following year. does anybody know what he's up to or where he's at? Last i heard about him he was playing for the Puerto Rico islanders but i dont know how true that is.? any confirmations?

9. eyemeagalot

eyemeagalot New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Club:
    Palm Beach Pumas
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LMAO, i can totally picture this guy! =)

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Noel is still in PR.

11. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Rumor is he is not coming back to the Islanders this year... :(

I think he is moving to Montreal Impact. :mad:

He is a great player and we are going to miss him.

Good luck to him!

12. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I remember a high School game against him, we were known for our defenders to be hackers so the coach from Palm Beach Lakes (Noel's high school) put him as a GK for the game, the kids a true athlete he was awesome at goal.. I scored a goal on him though, we won that game 1-0.

13. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
  14. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Two members of the haitian national team have landed news contracts: Peterson Joseph, ex capitain of the haitian u-17 team has apparently signed with Portugese div 1 club Braga. Jean Sony Alcenat ( Tiga) has also signed with a div 1 portugese club: Leixoes. Great news!

15. SMerisier

SMerisier New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

Do any of u know if this guy is haitian?

his name is jean francois christophe and he plays for southend united.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  17. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is Sonny Norde still at Boca?

18. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Johnny Placide has played well at goal for Le Harve in the French Cup games in France Ligue 1 this season. I think he will be signed by a bigger French club next season after Harve are relegated.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    no he's Guadeloupean.

20. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  21. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Noël is back with Puerto Rico this year! :)

22. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami
    yea and he has been playing in the copa latina down here in Miami..He scored on saturday but later on he got sent off for a bad tackle on a player

23. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nope. :(

The team confirmed it today. Noël will not be playing (at least not in the next friendly against DC United not the 2 CONCACAF games with CD Marathon) with the Islanders.

24. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
  25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    how many players of Haitian Descent play in France??