Hail to the Chief - The New Coach Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 8, 2019.

1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Pure fantasy absolutely.

My thought wasn't so much with Juve but generally. What sponsor or broadcasting rights distributor wouldn't want to see those two on the same team? The ratings would be insane.

2. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sure that is why I pointed the date out and big business deals are made on the golf course all the time.

3. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He can thrive in a vat of boiling acid.

4. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Personally, I looked forward to seeing them in opposition. .

5. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    He's the only person who can look upon his image and not feel revulsion. Every drama needs a villain, so he'll stay in demand

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Some welcome banners are being set up at the stadium, wonder if its for the new coach or something else

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I’m watching Greece-Italy & thinking if we do end up with Sarri. Can’t stand the useless play between Jorginho & Verratti with their 5-yard square passes back & forth. Insigne scored on a cross field pass from Chiesa but he too often looks to pass it back. This will be the boring shit we will end up with Sarrismo.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Oh yes...I'm sure we'll miss the edge of your seat, free-flowing attacking football we got under Allegri. Give me a break. There are many legitimate criticisms of Sarri. However, you'd have to be blind to say that we played a more aesthetically pleasing football under Allegri than Sarri's teams play.

Daei_10 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  9. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    its way better then the whole... pass to midfielder, midfielder looks around, passes back to defender, defender passes cross field to other defender, short pass to midfielder, passes back to defender... that has been the operating procedure for years now at Juve.

Daei_10 repped this.
  10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sarri’s teams were boring to watch. If you like small ball, he is your man. If Pjanic ends up as the next Jorginho, his career will be regressing.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Setting up for the JAcademy World Cup.

juventino13 repped this.
  12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Pjanic's career has basically stalled for the last couple of years as is. I think this is the best we're ever going to get from him. If Sarri does come, I see Pjanic as a better Jorginho as is, so I don't think he'll be the issue in the midfield.

I don't want Sarri. However, if he does come, I don't see much change in our fortunes. No one will challenge Juve in Italy because our players are a lot better than everyone else's. In Europe, I don't trust Sarri in a big match against a big team because he doesn't have the tactical flexibility that you would like. That being said, it will be a relief not watching that antiquated, shit football Allegri had us playing in critical matches that saw us embarrassed time and again. In the end, Allegri wasn't able to bring us CL so I don't see how Sarri could do considerably worse with the players we have. At least Sarri has won a European trophy.

phat repped this.
  13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #488 scirea6, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    You mean besides the fact that we'll no longer win trophies? And "Sarriball" (just typing that is humiliating) was embarrassing as hell for Chelsea on any number of occasions throughout the season, it's just now forgotten because he managed to beat such a shitty Arsenal side in such a shitty competition.

And so what if Sarri has won the worthless Europa League? How many times did he manage to get Napoli out of the group stages of the CL? Twice? And the two times that he did, how many times did he manage to get them past the Round of 16?

Don't worry, I'll wait...

EDIT: And look at what a f*cking prick he was while managing Chelsea. You think that's going to improve when he becomes manager of club where such demands are mere expectations? No, he's only going to be worse.

14. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just look at how he handled the Kepa incident. Total lack of authority

scirea6 repped this.
  15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Christ, I had totally forgotten about that. One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen take place on a football pitch.

Sarri is nothing but a bad joke, and now it's on us.

ArtemioD repped this.
  16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'll bet anyone that any halfway decent manager will continue to win the Serie A with Juve. Sarri came close to doing that with an inferior squad in Napoli so I don't see how you can say we won't win with him.

If you want to say that Chelsea underwhelmed at times this season, that's a fair criticism. However, taking a look at the bigger picture, they finished third which was as good as you can expect from them with a troubled squad, to say the least, and won the Europa League. You can hardly say that their season was a failure given the players they have.

I think we're forgetting how we first saw Allegri when he came to Juve. No one was for it initially in large part because he had a questionable resume and had spoken ill of us before coming...some of the same things that can be said of Sarri. Allegri exceeded the expectations that we had of him. That being said, he got more from this club than we from him. In the five years he was here, he met the objective of winning the league each year and only twice prevailed over teams where we were the underdogs in Europe. During that time, we saw embarrassing efforts against Real Madrid, Bayern, Young Boys, Man U, Atletico Madrid and most recently Ajax.

I'm not for Sarri, but I think we're massively overrating Allegri. I'll eat crow if Sarri comes and doesn't win the league...I think it's silly though to suggest that with this side and the lack of any real competition that he won't do it--and I don't understand how anyone would be a massive downgrade on Allegri in Europe where he never won the Champions League.

17. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    gumbacic, forgive me for the morning jest, but that post has the potential to age very badly :)

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    As I said, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. However, I can't tell you how many times I predicted before the year began that we would win the scudetto with ease. Time and again I was told I was crazy because Napoli, Roma, [insert flavor of the month] posed a real threat. At seasons end, all of those people who claimed I was wrong were nowhere to be found.

Short of Ventura, I have a hard time of thinking of any manager that would not win the scudetto with this side. And this should be expected considering that our second team would compete for a Champions League place in Italy and our payroll is not even close to any other Serie A side.

I have to laugh off any suggestion that even Sarri (whom I do not love) would have an issue winning domestic honors with this side. FFS his Napoli, despite being an inferior side, was the only one that was able to rival us domestically (and played better football in the process).

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So is Sarri the coach yet? Monday is half way done and yet no one has signed. Almost like it was all bs from the media... what a surprise

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's only 6pm in Italy, they still have 6 hours to announced him lol.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What are the Brit rags claiming? Anyone hear?

22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #497 scirea6, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    They had one competition to focus on, and we had three.

Yet they still managed to piss it all away after beating us in Turin while still earning well over 90 league points. Antonio Conte proved during his first season managing us that you don't necessarily need a superior squad to win the league, but you do need superior squad management.

What you claim demonstrates Sarri's quality only proves his uselessness. That was the season we mocked them mercilessly because they intentionally threw the Europa League (what irony, in hindsight) in order to focus on the Scudetto, and in the end the only record they set was to become the highest scoring team not to win the trophy in the history of Serie A. The league was theirs for the taking, and they lost it with Sarri at the helm.

And you still haven't mentioned his very real and very pathetic record in the Champions League. It's in large part because Sarri's teams were such failures in the CL that we were able to gain such an overwhelming financial advantage over all the other teams in Italy. Now we're going to higher this embarrassment?

But you think this is preferable because you like the way his teams kick the ball around from the midfield? No thanks, they can shove that bullshit. I'll take trophies instead.

F*ck this loser. Chelsea suffered humiliating losses throughout their league season and the episode with Kepa was the kind of nadir that gets managers fired from this job. But hey, he beat a shitty Arsenal team in the one competition that's a waste of time and which nobody cares about. :rolleyes:

ArtemioD repped this.
  23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Isn't it all wrapped up according the people who don't know anything? What's the hold up?

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I want a streak that on its own would earn a star. I don't see that streak continuing with Sarri.

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I respectfully think you're not giving him enough credit for the results he achieved considering the squad he had. I take your Conte example and I do agree that ALLEGRI's Milan had the better personnel the first year we won the scudetto under Allegri. That said, that Juve side would then go on to dominate Serie A for years like arguably no other team has done in history, making slight improvements to the squad on a yearly basis. Napoli have never done that under their shitbag owner. Their manager don't have the same advantages that Conte and Allegri have had.

Your point about Sarri's Champions League record is well-taken. However, it must be viewed in the context that he never managed an elite European side like Juve. If such results continue should be take the helm I will agree that it's a problem and should be gone. However, it's difficult to see him doing worse than getting embarrassed by poor clubs like Young Boys and United in group stages; completely outplayed by Atletico away only to top it all off with pathetic displays home and away to Ajax.

I have said on multiple occasions that I don't want Sarri...and, at this juncture, Allegri clearly has the better resume. I'm only posting about this because it appears he will be the manager and I think people are overeating to that news, much like we ALL did when it was first announced that Allegri would take over for Conte.

I would also prefer to win rather than play beautiful football. However, if Sarri comes and Juve continue to win Serie A and do ********-all in Europe (which I would presume happens) I can't say there will be much difference between the two managers.

Afghan-Juventus and usnroach repped this.