Hail to the Chief - The New Coach Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 8, 2019.

1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #26 scirea6, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    NO. No. Absolutely not.

And I love the man, but this would be so stupid. So. stupid.

EDIT: Is Carrera still employed by Spartak Moscow, or wherever? Because I would take him years before I would consider Conte's return.

If it's between Allegri and Conte, then Allegri needs to stay. Period.

Post-edit: Cristiano Ronaldo and Antonio Conte in the same dressing room, are you kidding me? What kind of idiocy is this?!

juveeer and Dante repped this.
  2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    One Frenchman down, one to go.

Conte is no Lippi so no returns, please.

3. Rob V

Rob V New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Aug 1, 2017
    When conte left, it hurt a lot. He is a major reason why we are where we are right now. As a coach I like him a lot. As a Juventino, I like him a lot. Would I celebrate his return: yes, as I always hoped he would return.
    But...I think it’s too soon for him to return, and probably not the right man to make the most of Ronaldo. It’s certainly a different restaurant to the one he ate at before, and I’m not sure we are a team that needs a confidence boost or a kick up the ass. I’d prefer a more attacking coach if/when allegri leaves. That might not be possible though.

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegri is the only choice, bringing conte it’s gonna make this a circus show.

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There's only one Marcello Lippi.

juveeer repped this.
  6. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't mind Carrera but I think the right choice is Angelo Alessio. I wouldn't mind Deschamps either. But I definitely want a Juventino so one of those 3 needs to come back if Max leaves.

7. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    I’d take Conte back in a heartbeat.

calabrese8 repped this.
  8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had horrible luck in the CL.
    League is not our problem, the CL is.
    The team has been way more aggressive under Allegri, under conte it was meh.

9. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm in the minority here I guess, but honestly, I rather keep Allergi than take Conte.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather keep Allegri than take Conte back any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Conte has no clue how to manage in Europe, he proved it with Juve and with Chelsea. His ego is too large and frail. He had his time at Juve, it's done with, move on and don't look back.

IcEWoLF, juventino13 and juveeer repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Frankly, after the way he left I am surprised Agnelli is even considering Conte again.

I do think it is time for max to move on, but if Conte is the alternative, then Max all day long.

Deschamps is a different kettle of fish. I think he manages like late 90's Juve and that is going to be the way forward for us IMHO. His style will fit what we need to do to be successful in both Serie A and Europe.

But...no matter who is the manager, we won't win in Europe without a substantial upgrade to our MF. CB also (we need to get younger there), but primarily the MF MUST be addressed with a couple of world class players this summer.

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I would bring him back again instead of Conte - if he is willing.

13. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #38 Buffonfan, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    I agreed with what juveerr said about the MF, doesn't matter who is the manager, the MF *must* be address.

I want Marco Verratti for our midfield, pay him double of what PSG pay him, it can't be that much compared to what we have to fork out for Ronaldo.

14. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We need a regista who's better than Pjanic and/or Bonucci. So Verratti and SMS/Pogba/Kroos would be a definate major upgrade.

15. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    /close thread.

#EuroMaxx

juveeer, scirea6, Falc and 1 other person repped this.
  16. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We been after Verratti for a while, but PSG hates us, so that ain’t gonna happen.
    I hope we can pry Kroos from Real since they are going through a rebuilding phase.
    Ideally I want Pogba because he played in this league and knows the system very well and he plays very well with Max coaching him. He would be the complete package because Pogba is superior to anyone.
    I doubt ManU wants to let him go for cheap, and I’m sure Mino wants another big payday.
    Only way the Pogba trade happens is if we give up Dybala plus cash.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GdS: Massimiliano Allegri will renew his contract with Juventus until 2021 at the end of the season.

Sky: Juve have approached Conte to take over for Allegri this summer.

18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Translation: We don't know what the f*ck is going on.

juveeer repped this.
  19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd be surprised if Allegri stays on. And if he does Agnelli has as much a loser mentality as the rest of the squad

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Marcello Chirico says Agnelli will continue with Allegri, take that as you will.

21. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Love him, but he's totally unreliable.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yep, lets hope that trend of unreliability continues

scirea6 repped this.
  23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The one to watch is Claudio Zuliani.

He has actual connections to the club, and he's rarely wrong, especially when it comes to the major rumors.

juventino13 repped this.
  24. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Conte would be the best option, and he is needed. He did very well at Juve with not much on the field, he did exceptional at the Euros with a very average roster....

His teams played together as a team, no one was off limits, he made everyone accountable.

No one is succesfull at Chelsea, Roman interferes far too often and is always breathing down the coaches neck, while being wishy washy in approving transfers.

Juve is very possibly about to be in a spot they have not been in for a very long time, which is that the back line is about to become very vulnerable... Barzagli is retiring, Giorgio always misses one or two chunk of time due to injury, Rugani has never established himself, and Bonucci is very hot/cold.

25. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Conte would be a step back.