Guatemala vrs Venezuela [Friendly] Pre/PBP/Post; June 1st, 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, May 18, 2011.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Que Pena.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yeaaaaah.....pretty awful. I HATE that stupid 3-5-2 formation. I dont get why Almeida wants to push that down our throats KNOWING what our defense is SO BAD. The 4-4-2 is what we know, and what works.

Pappa is a beast, that's OBVIOUS. This game was Pappa vs Venezuela and of the rest of the team was just there to watch, specifically our defense (it's like a broken record).

Well, I'll see you guys in LA.

3. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Offensively I think it would have been a much different game with Jose Contreras, Pando and Ruiz in there and we at least tie this game. Hopefully the defense shores up though.

4. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like la mayor is back to playing with no style or ideas. Not sure why Romero is still being called, isn't he injured anyways? I'm just glad it's still a friendly game, as it will help correct our errors.

Pappa played a pretty good game, but not sure what happen to the other 10 players. Also, IMO, Ruiz is not our solution, we all know he does not run or look for the ball anymore, and is now either walking, standing, or just waiting for the ball. His international experience is probably one of the reason he was called, and also because no other forward has proven to be a good goal scorer.

Lets hope that Almeida corrects the errors for our debut match against Honduras, and also starts Elias Enoc (who gave up a goal today), Jose Del Aguila, and maybe even Henry Lopez (which I'm not a big fan of).

By the way, lets not forget that we played against the actual squad that will participate in Copa America. A lot of those players are in European, South American, and North American teams.

5. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    so u missed ur best players?? :confused: anyways by this logic with these players u would have tied us, well we missed OUR best players Arango, Ronald Vargas and Salomon Rondon, so using ur same logic this game would have ended 4-2, still Venezuela would win, and i agree about that Pappa dude, he haves class.!

6. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    We played without 3 of our top 4 players. Two of which are injured. If that wasn't your A team then you're probably right about still winning. Although, I read that your coach fielded your strongest squad to prep for Copa America?

What's troubling for us is that the backup talent is so sub-par. Carlos Ruiz doesn't play so we have to play Pezzarossi for 45 minutes? That's just unacceptable.

7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont think we've really ever had any depth in our squads. Even when we we in the hex in 2002-2006 the backups that were used weren't THAT great. I really dont see us having much depth for AT LEAST another year.

After the U-20's most of the better players will be called to the U-23 squad and the mid to good players that aren't used in the U-23 will be called to the mayor. But that really is just my logis, and wishful thinking.

8. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    yeah like i said before we missed some of our best players Salomon Rondon, Ronald Vargas, Jesus Gomez, Juan Arango and Oswaldo Vizcarrondo also our titular GK was keeped in the bench, and like Guatemala our biggest problem is the defense but 2 new Spanish/Venezuelan dudes who are defenders wanna play with us but will be called after Copa America and they are way better than most of our defenders, maybe even better than any Venezuelan defender cause one was even called for the Spanish NT...

our team yesterday was like this, like a mix between the A team and the B team

-------------Vega
    -Rosales-Lucena-Perozo-Cichero
    -Gonzalez-Rincon-Seijas-Orozco
    --------Fedor--Maldonado

while our real A team should be something like this

---------------Hernandez
    -Rosales-Vizcarrondo(Tuñez)-Amorebieta-Cichero
    ---Vargas---Rincon---Seijas--Arango(Gomez)
    ------------Fedor----Rondon

anyways good luck to u guys, it was a fun game to watch..!

9. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well your team played pretty well in all sectors yesterday. The midfield was especially impressive with how fast and tactically sound they were. The way they were defensively pressuring as a unit was also very effective.

Good luck in Copa America, I hope you guys surprise your opponents.