Guardian of the Galacticos: Welcome Thibaut Courtois!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 8, 2018.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with his opinion even without stats.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  2. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The competition about who has the biggest mouth is also very close and interesting.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More proof that many times stats are taken out of context. Ter Stegen is probably the best Barca player after Messi while we were talking about replacing Tibo until a few days ago.

Drouchk, temesgen and madridista_hr repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ter Stegen is low key highly overrated though. The fact that he opened a "I am better than Neuer" discussion makes him look even worse in my opinion.

I want to remind people that the best Barcelona team in history had Victor Valdes in goal winning multiple Zamora trophies.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  6. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Ter Stegen has been an elite keeper for a few years now.

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's been really good lately, i hope he keeps it up. I think he hasn't conceded a goal for over 400 minutes now.

sneakking, Stiliyan, J-Mezzy and 4 others repped this.
  8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More a reflection of how much more solid in defense we are looking, with Varane quietly looking world class again and our midfield shape looking very balanced with Kroos and Valverde's flying form. He is looking much more confident than ever though, and he is making some good saves every now and then which is great news.

Zidane might not be the greatest in incorporating fringe players, but he has done a fantastic job in getting our stars performing. The faith he has shown in Tibo, Kroos, Rafa, and Marcelo is starting to pay off, and likewise with Karim, Navas, Dani and Casemiro in his earlier tenure. If Isco and Hazard can start repaying his faith we might actually have a team that can compete for trophies.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure the defense has improved that much but the midfield has and that helps out a lot overall. Tibo was letting in almost every shot to a point where he had conceded more goals than made saves. Since that game vs Brugge where he got subbed out at half time "due to not feeling well" he's stepped it up.

Many Chelsea fans told me that he's a momentum GK and it appears to be true. Hopefully he keeps this momentum going for as long as possible.

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol don't you think these players are a little past that point.

Both players had a summer to prepare to repay his faith and we're in November hoping this will be the case knowing they're not motivated by anything else.

11. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are right, we should loan them out to Getafe till the end of their contracts.

Drouchk repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know about that but if it had been Bale and James showing up that out of shape and putting in that little effort to rectify the situation - Zidane would have thrown them under the bus real quick and then backed it up to make sure the job got done right.

Matter of fact James and Bales showed up ready from day one and put in top class performance to start the season and Zidane still couldn't help himself.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James and Bale are officially injured, maybe they actually are?

14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Doesn't really matter to me what he said, but in terms of the football TS has been a very good keeper for some time. Maybe he's in a bad run of form or unfortunate lately.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Barca's playstyle is very goalkeeper friendly. Again, as I said, Victor Valdes was considered terrible but won more trophies than Navas or many other "better" goalkeepers.

I think he's a gifted shot stopper but I've never had him at the top of the list. Germany is a goalkeeper factory though. There's never been a shortage of capable goalkeepers.

Digital and temesgen repped this.
  16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    He's a good fit at barca, comfortable with the ball at his feet, good distribution and decent shot stopper. He'd look worse playing for arsenal because he'd have more to do but in the right set up he's more than ok.

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Ter Stegen has been better than Neuer for some time though, he shouldn’t have said it but it’s still true.

madridista_hr repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Dont know about Bale, but James is an idiot. Respect his hustle, but he was beyond naive to think that he could succeed under Zidane. He should have demanded out....he should demand out now

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Some time" being a couple weeks.

20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neuer hasn't been relevant for like 2-3 years. A major UCL choker, conceding against Real and Barca like there is no tomorrow.

madridista_hr repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.........try two seasons.

22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    You're describing Ter Stegen.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You haven't watched Neuer all that much so why would I even talk about this with you?

Literally couldn't bring up a mistake he made unless you'd check on Google.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Relevant to you.

25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Because i'm very knowledgeable about these stuff, why else ;)