Gu Ja-cheol @ VfL Wolfsburg 2011-2012 Part 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sergei Mantis, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangun

tangun Member

Jul 14, 2012
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wheres the PJY bit? videos way too long. listened to the one where he has that "fight" and stopped. well spoken guy

nvm i might watch the whole thing lol its pretty interesting.

3. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I always knew Koo was going to be one of our main players in these Olympics but I never figured he would be the breakout player to watch. He was great against Mexico today; he missed that header but it was a good effort. His swiveling effort off the crossbar was superb as well. I know he's on loan to Augsburg but is it still possible for a club to buy him? Not sure how a loan works w/r/t an actual trade.

4. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Why would he leave? KJC's in a good situation in Augsburg. He's their main guy, and he doesn't have to worry about being relegated with them if they fail to stay in the Bundesliga.

dudedudedude and seolseol repped this.
  5. skspeed

skspeed New Member

Jun 15, 2012
    where can i watch the 2nd part of koo ja cheol on that variety show?

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    hes probably the best player we got with his back to goal. better than Ki too

8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    surprised that it took this long to post this clip. I thought that play there was his impact statement of what's to come. Good Find!

9. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. HojuSaram

HojuSaram Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "아 왜? 왜?!?!? 왜?!?! 패널티 왜 자꾸 주냐고이 XX야!!"

11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    hahaha....glad we can laugh about this

Mudang and zdrav repped this.
  12. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Haha, love KJC. F*ckin' madman. We are so lucky to have both KJC & KSY in the middle. May they roam our midfield for another decade.

Mudang, dudedudedude and zdrav repped this.
  13. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    They took the first and last penalties. True leaders.

wetcrispy repped this.
  14. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ki's so pissed off he's in disbelief. Ki's reaction was similar to my reaction yesterday.

I wonder what Koo's English sounds like. He's very vocal when it comes to talking to foreigners

15. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    haha it sucks i think. but his german is coming along

16. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    oh really haha. i always see him chatting with foreigners after every game. I guess he's one of those guys who has confidence even in his broken english. He'll be fluent in no time if he keeps it up .

i never thought Koo Ki were compatible. i remember the time Koo was forced to be a winger one match SMH.

17. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Vs. JAPAN of all teams.

18. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    The KooKi Monster wasn't compatible in the latest WCQ or even in the pre-Olympic friendlies. I remember a lot of us being disappointed in the ineffectiveness of KJC.

19. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HMB stepping up and understanding our players.

I think it was b/c of Ki's willing to move forward. Our previous managers gave Ki more freedom to move about. Skeletor would stay back and try to hold ki's position. but this didn't work considering skeletor also wanted to move forward. So then sometime we'd have a huge gap of space and end up sprinting full speed to defend the counter attacks.

now Ki is comfortable staying back. koo is better at creating chance in tight spaces compared to ki so i'm happy with HMB's decisions.

Now Ki rarely enters the box. Koo and Ki found their niche in our system. Man i am so excited for this team.

20. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    I think we're doubly dangerous now that Koo is starting to really play well. Ki was as important to Korea in their win vs GB as was Pirlo in Italy's win over England in Euro 12'. Maybe even more actually.

21. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    probably cursed him out in German

22. yahtrickyah

yahtrickyah Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I can't stop laughing at this gif lol.

Ki just walks away, can't even believe it.

Koo just screaming 왜 over and over again in that refs face.

Bahahaha

HojuSaram repped this.
  23. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not as crazy about his play in London as some of you lads. This is not a commentary on his potential. He's got upside.

I'm very much a novice when it comes to tactics in any sport. I've never coached, read how to manage books, drawn up plays, etc. I just observe like most of you and have fun sharing.

With that semi-disclaimer aside, the kid doesn't have blazing speed. I've seen him time and time again not be able to outrun the defender in the transition. He doesn't have 1v1 technical skills to get past the opponent dependably. He has good holding ability. He will run his tail off all game. He's shown real moxy wearing the C band v. gb and switz. Koo really looked to handle "communication" with ref and opposing players in heated moments. That's showing a lot of maturity at a young age.

Since he has dreams of playing for Chelsea and FCB, to even have a shot at such storied clubs, he's going to have score more consistently. Yes, he's not a striker, but he's shown flashes of this ability to find the net in germany and the asian cup. not one of those gimme's but from distance. ones that curl. ones where the goalie ends up raising his hands helpless, feet stuck in sand.

I'm one of those who rarely complain about lack of finishing. All teams save for a handful of clubs/nts do this well today and they have to work hard at it as a mgmt team to continually recruit the best. it's like finding another duncan. clinical finishers are paid like big-time centers or unhittable starting pitchers.

what i'm saying is he just needs to be a threat and his body of work is fresh enough to create this aire of offensive ability. so far, he hasn't taken advantage and a goal or two this olympics will do a lot for his rep.

yes, it's asking for a lot, but this is what it's going to take and then some to have that russian employer calling via satellite.

[​IMG]

24. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    Ben,

Do you know about Juan Roman Riquelme? Probably 80% of us posting on this forum probably could beat him in a 100 meter dash. But as a midfielder for Argentina, he was a phenomenal player. He was named ARGENTINIAN footballer of the year FOUR times (not even Messi can claim that yet).

There are many ways to skin a cat. KJC does have good speed (he's not Aaron Lennon, but how many do have his speed?). Although I've been a long time Korea fan (one of the best moments in my life was the end of the game tying goal against Spain by Seo Jung Won in WC 1994 -- btw, our coach Hong scored the 1st one that made the 2nd tying goal possible). Ki and Koo are rare talents that come around less than once a generation for Korea.

25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Overall, Riquelme turned out to be a bust for club (outside Argentina) and country. What a disappointing career. You can't play that slow and succeed anywhere outside South America.