Group F - 2018 FIFA WCQ – AFC Second Round

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Jun 7, 2015.

1. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I expect a close win by Vietnam, or a tie. If they lose or tie, eliminated. Will be interesting if they win with good margin and Iraq ties or lose to Taipei. But I think Iraq will win this game, so this is the last chance for Iraq to reach 1st place. If Viets wins and Thais and Iraqis loses, all three can be 1st and the 2nd will have no chance to next round. Will be real inferno.

2. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The future of this group being exciting depends on tomorrows game. If Thailand win. Iraq needs to win its two games and beat Thailand as well. No more slip ups available. If Thailand tie, then Iraq just needs a tie on the last matchday if they beat Vietnam/Taiwan. A Thai loss and things could get ugly.

Suren01 and Kurdii110 repped this.
  3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq already made it tough for themselves. Iraq dominated the match against Thailand and after the undeserved penalty totally collapsed, thus losing the lead.

Vietnam on the other side dominated Iraq. It was embarassing really. If we keep on playing like that, we don't deserve to advance to the final round.

Latest news is that our head coach is staying on, and he immediately called up a new GK, RB, midfielders, and forward.

Kurdii110 repped this.
  4. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Including Karrar Jassim, you know, the one that's slaying the IPL [emoji5]

5. Minnows-lover

Minnows-lover Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Beautiful goal for Thailand! It's a nice match so far, two attacking teams...so 0-1 for Thailand!

Kurdii110 repped this.
  6. Minnows-lover

Minnows-lover Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    0-3 FT

Thailand now with a great chance to be in top 12!

+PL+ repped this.
  7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq must win all remaining games in order to win the group.

Second placed team from this group won't advance

8. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007

Hahhahaaaaa Iraq have alittle chance advance to be last 12 teams Haaaaaaa

Because Thailand play away game very gooddd .. not have chance to kept 3 point from thailand assure.

for me predict Iraq have 12 point Thailand have 14 point atleast. no problem for thailand to be last 12 teams

9. Yacine9

Yacine9 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Algiers
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

Goals 1 and especially 3 are superb IMO :)

reddiablos repped this.
  10. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow, the 3rd goal is a great one. I really expected more from the Vietnamese. Poor Iraq less chance to qualify now.

+PL+ and Yacine9 repped this.
  11. Yacine9

Yacine9 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Algiers
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Yeah, that was a great piece of skill displayed by the Thailand players.

Iraq has to win all their games (including vs Thaialnd) to advance. Very doable.

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq dominated the match against Thailand. If it wasn't for the undeserved penalty and the total collapse of our defence, we would have won the game.

Vietnam was a different case. We played very bad. Players looked fatigued and we couldn't even create chances in the first half.

I'm still confident we can get 6 points out of the last 2 games, especially if we play on home soil (or close to it :D )

Kurdii110 repped this.
  13. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Thailand pretty much guaranteed a spot in the next round now

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #89 +PL+, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Karar Jasem is a toothless lion. He is too fat to run the ball and has no pace.

Great victory for Thailand by the way. Iraq chances are bleak atm.

KiarashM repped this.
  15. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very Doable?? Iraq already tied 2 of their 3 games. Not easy.

16. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007
    #91 pomkiatisuk, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015

Hahahaha you look this clip .. this is began of young player for Thai teams this teams played very good away game ...

Thailand will crash Iraq out next match looking forwardto ...... Iraq thistime used old player not same thailand have Youngplayer only 22 - 25 yearsold really Iraq should lose to vietnam but them got penalty hahhaha Iraq can't beat thailand assure and Iraq not can qualify looking forwardto my bro 555555555

17. Yacine9

Yacine9 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Algiers
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    I think they should beat Vietnam and it won't be a surprise if they defeat Thailand in the return leg.

18. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Iraq draw Vietnam by penalty ... but think to winover Thailand Hahhahaha hurry to dream my bro .. and your wait to bad dream too.... YoungThailand prompt to crash Iraq assure

Hey Guy before match between Thailand and Vietnam . How do you think? Hey answer me..

Yeah next match Thailand and Vietnam not pressure we can beat Iraq assure . ... thistime Thailand are strong when play awaygame because thisteams Used Youngplayers not mire when we play awaygame

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yes very doable. If we play the way we played against Vietnam, we will not make it. But I'm sure it won't happen again. Playing away games was tough for Iraq under these circumstances, and talented players on key positions (CB, RB, CAM) have been called up for the qualifiers.

Next up is Taiwan! Hopefully we beat them by a large margin.

20. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I see Iraq schedule and they plays home both games. You are right. It means you are still by your own to be 1st. I see Thais will qualify as 2nd even they lose to Iraq. They will be 4-1-1. 13 points.

21. Yacine9

Yacine9 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Algiers
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    If Thailand beats Chinese Taipei but loses to Iraq, they'll have 13 pts (which should be good enough for qualification). They can even rank 1st if Iraq fails to beith either of Vietnam or Chinese Taipei.

22. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They don't have home matches. Iraq has their matches in Iran which will be a neutral venue, so Thailand have a good chance to tie as their name "Thai" suggests and advance as first team to next round.

reddiablos repped this.
  23. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Iranian bros will cheer their friends iraqis??

24. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, Iranians cheer for opponent team if they go to the match, but Iraqis have some spectators coming to cheer for them from Iraq.

Look at this link min 4:23 few Iranians cheering for Taiwan

reddiablos repped this.
  25. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    That's not decided yet. Venue could be changed, and maybe our ban will be lifted before time.