Group D - 2018 FIFA WCQ – AFC Second Round

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    No one said iran should fear Oman. They are just a typical team of that region who play much better at home by using all the advantages possible on and off the field. Oman hasn't been very relevant before 2014 qualifiers so sure its possible iran easily wins both legs but most likely the away leg in muscat will be a tough game. Even if iran wins it will still be a hard fought victory. Also I'm not sure why you don't see queiroz has flaws. The Turkmenistan tie was mostly because of his tactics and lineup selection.

Zandi360 repped this.
  2. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Turkmenistan game was just an incident and we all know it. The hosting was terrible beside other things. CQ is not without flaws. I never claimed that. No coach in the world is without flaws. CQ is a world class coach and I don't think no one on this planet would argue against that. Except for Mayeli
    kohan and Ghalenoi... how ironic

3. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Marcello Lippi?

4. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    They are world class coaches too... But one cannot say for sure which is better.
    Statistics suggest Hiddink to be the best and Queiroz to be the second...
    Lippi the third.
    To be honest, they are all world class coaches

5. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bolded part is very shocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CQ is a popular name because he worked in Real Madrid, Man United, and lets say Portugal National team but he was unsuccessful in those teams. He was more successful as assistant coach. Before coaching those teams, I doubt anyone knew CQ well. Overall I have no problem to hear that he is a fine coach but world class coach??????

Q) What do you think of J. Guardiola as a head coach?

Q) What do you think of local coaches in Asia like Takeshi Okada (a better head coach than CQ), Huh Jung Moo, Mahdi Ali, Ange Postecoglou, etc compare to the foreign coaches that came to Asia?

6. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Carlos Queiroz was actually a very successful coach at Real Madrid. His team was the top team in the league until the last five matches! Ream Madrid lost 5 consecutive games and ended up 4th! There is still argument about the reasons and guess what the reason was not Queiroz! There were people in the Real madrid club who wanted to get rid of CQ! Florentino Perez later also confirmed the fact that he did not want CQ to get a result.... (Actually there was a TV program about this very fact and Dr. Sadr talked about it).
    In Portugal, he lost to the World Cup champions 1-0
    So no he was not an unsuccessful coach at all. And yes he is a world class coach...
    Sir Alex Ferguson has mentioned the fact that Manchester United defensive tactics were all designed by CQ. He even goes as far to suggest the fact that CQ worked very hard and at the end of the day it was I who wore my suit and took credit! (You can read this in his book).
    The Asian coaches you just mentioned seemed to me a joke. Okada is fine but he is no CQ! Mahdi Ali? really? Did you just compare Ali to CQ?
    About Guardiola... he is probably the best coach in the world... Of course I believe Enrique also has a bright future... But CQ is a theoretician of football and the whole world know it

7. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a reason to ask you this. My reason was Alireza Alifar who said during Euro 2012 that Guardiola is a good coach but he may be a below average coach compare to top coaches in the world.

He said Guardiola coached only a team that had heavy budget with best players in the world and anyone could get those results. He said that he needs to see Guardiola performance in couple more teams than he may change his opinion on him.

So this was my reason for asking your idea on J. Guardiola.

8. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Guardiolla might manage a team with a high budget, but we all know teams under his management play a much different game than other teams. Besides, there are so many top quality coaches that actually were not always successful.
    To be honest, I think CQ was successful in Real Madrid. I mean Real Madrid would never lose 5 consecutive games! I think this whole thing stinks! Real was winning the La Liga and suddenly they start losing 5 games! They wouldn't lose 5 games without a coach!

9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Iran will crush all other teams. Just watch.

10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Oman won't be a walk in the park, I can assure you that. :thumbsup:

11. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You didnt crush Turkmenistan.

Suren01 and Parisian75 repped this.
  12. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    Why is an iraqi talking down on Turkmenistan? You are on the same level (if not lower level) than Turkmenistan.

Just take your 6-0 losses like a bitch and stop talking shit about teams above you.

+PL+ and KiarashM repped this.
  13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'd rather lose 6-0 in meaningless friendlies against the number 6 and 11th ranked teams in the world, than tie 1-1 to 152th ranked team Turkmenistan in a WCQ qualifier. :laugh:

Kurdii110 repped this.
  14. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I can talk what I want, check the Asian Cup and see who won the quarterfinal between Iraq and Iran. "Teams above you" You are not first in Asia. Rankings mean nothing. You are 5th or 6th in Asia, at best.

15. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Don't be dumb their not on the same level as Turkmenistan obviously. I know their annoying but just ignore them.

+PL+ repped this.
  16. Jcc21

Jcc21 Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm not sure what happened but it seems my post was deleted from the Korea thread. You said Iraq was top 4 in Asia so want to know why you think that. Like do you have any evidence or arguments.

17. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Well, we are. In my honest opinion I think it goes like this
    1:Japan
    2:Korea
    3:Australia
    4:Iraq
    5: iran / uae
    1. Look at our youth achievements.
    2. Asian cup placing in the last ten years
    3. We are still going through a moment of transition, though I do believe that we are 4th. Japan, Korea are a level above all the other Asian teams. Australia struggled against us in the final game of the qualifyers when we were using a young squad. We still have a lot of work to do to gain our respect in the world. Tell me what other teams have done that are worthy of being 4th place.
    I apologize as this is poorly and rushed written.

18. Jcc21

Jcc21 Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks but I'd have to disagree with some points.
    1. Youth achievements are irrelevant to the senior team.
    2. Well the last 10 years are pretty meaningless the only really meaningfull one would be the recent one. Iraq did finish fourth but you have to admit it was a little comtraversial. And if you want to use the asian cup wouldn't uae be above Iraq? Since they finished above. Also if you want to use that logic then Peru is better than brazil and Colombia because they finished higher in copa America?
    4. It seems like you're mostly going on belief. Sure Iraq was competitive vs Australia in that last game but haven't iran and uzbekistan been even more competitive vs top teams? Even beating them on a fairly consistent basis. Iran made the world cup and uzbekistan is consistently in the running. Realistically Iraq has not consistently been competitive to be 4th. I'd say they are somewhere in between 5-7.

Zandi360 and KiarashM repped this.
  19. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iraqi's are obsessed with us..this is Group D, Iraq is not in this group. But considering they would have wet dreams if they were ranked 1st in Asia like Iran and have such a good history at the Asian Cup plus being at a World Cup 4 times it's understandable they see us as their biggest example. Lol, keep dreaming baby and nice to have you on board on our road to Russia, because the nearest Iraq will be to that tournament is a World Cup match in 3D on their TV.

Zandi360 and +PL+ repped this.
  20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You seem to be very confident that Iran will make it. Why?

21. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Under our coach Carlos Queiroz, we haven't lost a single match against any Asian side (Iraq game officially counts as a tie according to the FIFA rules) in a competitive game since November 2012 against Uzbekistan. Our team has been pretty consistent and we have pretty good talents like Azmoun, Ezatolahi and Jahanbakhsh transforming into formidable players for their clubs. The countries we have in our group usually dont give us troubles for exception of Oman. That said, I think we will make it to the final round. And other than Korea, Australia and Japan I don't see any Asian side outclassing us in major departments. So to be realistic, the fourth spot should be ours.

22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Oh well.. It will become clear after the next rounds. Honestly I expected Iran to roll over this group, but after the tie against Turkmenistan I doubt it.

It will come down to the Oman games. If Iran win the matches, they are in . If Iran drops more points, it could be tricky.

23. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    To be honest, Turkmenistan's decision to move the venue to Dashoguz affected our players. They normally host their home games in Asghabat, and that's close to Iran's border. Instead, they let us travel all the way to the north close to Uzbekistan to get us out of our game.

And their players were more fresh, our squad have had an exhausting and long season and suddenly they have to play a WCQ game in the middle of June. No excuse to tie Turkmenistan, but still.

24. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I do have a question - Why are Iranians so arrogant? Is this your nature? I remember I was watching your fans before the Iraqi match "Oh yeah, we will cruise past them, Ive already booked my tickets for sydney blah blah blah" You guys were so confident that before the AC all the Iranians were spamming the AC social media pages with "Iran winner", "faghat Iran", "Iran is the best". I suggest Iranian fans become more respectful towards opponents. This is will by final post on here until a match comes up.

25. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Depends on the opponent. We never trash talk the Japanese, Koreans or Australians because they are not over-confident to beat us. With all due respect, Iraq are minnows despite winning one Asian Cup. They are not considered a formidable Asian side because they have only represented Asia at a World Cup once. These are just the facts, one upset or two against Iran doesn't change that, and it is very annoying when Iraqi fans think they are ahead of teams like Iran. One transfer to Serie A doesn't change the entire situation, let the guy play some matches for his team and then we can judge him. Iran had so many players in top leagues in the past, that it's not even funny anymore to compare Iraq with Iran. I think UAE or Iraq will fight for the play-off spots in the World Cup Qualifiers.