Group B - 2018 FIFA WCQ – AFC Second Round

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Group B: Australia, Jordan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh

2. 007GS

007GS Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Aussies are currently in camp in Dubai.

3. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Bangladesh played 2 friendlies so far in preparation against Kyrgyzstan.

1-2 Singapore
    1-1 Afghanistan

Both games they scored first.

4. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Easy guess
    1. Australia will advance to third round.
    2. Jordan may advance to third round.
    the rest can have fun.

5. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Go, Bangladesh! I expect a lot today.

6. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    1-3 HT, expected all but thrashing. Shame there's no live streams of this game, would have loved to see it.

7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Bangladesh 1-3 Kyrgyzstan
    Tajikistan 1-3 Jordan

8. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Kyrgyzstan and Australia meet tomorrow night (Australian time). Should be an interesting game, I think the Aussies should win but you never know in these games sometimes (and Kyrgyzstan are coming fresh off a game and victory).

9. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    You can win the match but you should work hard. Kyrgyzstan are former Soviet republic so they most likely go back to their traditional style of immense defensive football when they face a stronger team like Australia. You need to break that lock once and they will be done. You need to use a lot of energy or resort to FKs. Another thing is Kyrgyzstan is in high latitudes which can put your players in pressure as well.

10. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Apparently Kyrgyzstan had some new German reinforcements:

World Football News
    June 11 at 2:11pm ·
    Good start for the German duo Viktor Maier and Vitalij Lux with the Kyrgyzstan national team in the qualification for Russia 2018!

Vitalij Lux ( pictured ), a 26 year old striker who plays for 1.FC Nürnberg II in the 4.League in Germany and midfielder Viktor Maier of SV Meppen played today the first time for the Kyrgyzstan national team in the world cup qualification against Bangladesh.
    Kyrgyzstan won the game in the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka with 3 - 1 and take the first 3 points home.

11. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Doubt Australia will struggle. They might struggle to put a few in the goal because Kyrgyzstan will park the bus but realistically Kyrgyzstan will be swept away. Australia will be too strong

12. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Australia are looking pretty ordinary, despite an early goal

13. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Australia 2-1 Kyrgyzstan
    Bangladesh 1-1 Tajikistan

14. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    the pitch was the worst ive ever seen, ever

and i grew up in lakemba seriously

looked like a tank was doing burnouts and donuts on it pre game lol

15. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Away game is always tough especially going to a place like kyrgystan, unknown territory for Australia. But 3 points in the bag.

Bangladesh bounced back to get a home draw with Tajikistan..

16. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Take nothing for granted! ;)

Nice view from the stadium though!

[​IMG]

17. ioppolo

ioppolo Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Referee last night was rather amatuer IMO, bad calls from both teams POV were made, and that last goal really summed up his night.

18. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The goal was credited to the first header ... but the guy on the line definitely handballed it. The ref was ordinary, but I think he allowed the play to carry on alot when easily could have called more fouls.

Australia will need to pick up their game for the following matches. Really missed Luongo tonight. The three in midfield I thought really didn't play well tonight. I thought Jedinak was almost worse on ground for us. I would love to see Amini, De Silva or even Bozanic get a run instead of Troisi. Torisi is good up front but doesn't provide the link up play IMO.

Franjic and Behich were both skinned too easy (esp. Franjic). Wilkinson and Spira were solid enough in defense but both offered very little with the ball at their feet (although admittedly had few options to pass to most the time ... think Sainsbury was quite valuable to us in the Asian Cup, as he was able to provide that telling pass a lot of the time). He sort of swaps positions with Jedinak when we have the ball.

Lastly, Cahill was invisible tonight. I think against Bangladesh he'll be unstoppable, but against faster teams he isn't in the best 11 for us (not how we play). Juric, who is very over rated IMO, would have been a better option last night.

Kyrgyzstan should count themselves unlucky not to win last night, but Australia will take the three points. (Esp. when Iran drew with Turkmenistan away and Japan drew with Singapore at home, and Uzbekistan were demolished by DPR Korea away).

ioppolo repped this.
  19. ioppolo

ioppolo Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Behich is not international level just yet IMO, was owned last night by I think no. 22? Davidson would've been a better option. Also, what happened to Rhys Williams? He'd be only about 28ish?

20. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No point in having Cahill in the team if they're constantly trying and failing to make killer passes.

21. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah definitely are looking for that killer pass with every ball, instead of working the ball around the field. I have the same problem with the current team I play for ... most of them are 16 year old boys though.

22. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  23. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Unknown territory, makes football so fascinating!

Australia travelling to Kyrgyzstan...

Kudos to Kyrgyzstan for marginally losing to a much better side, if you look at past results they have been whipping boys and only challenge the minnow nations. Great to see the gap Slowly closing

24. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well tonight Australia are taking on Bangladesh. Can the Bangladesh team create any headaches for the Aussies?

Should be quite a convincing win for Australia, but strange things can happen in the game of football. Be good to see Leckie get some goals for Australia (scored a cracker for his Bundesliga team recently).

25. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's eleven on eleven - you can never take anything for granted.

Kurdii110 repped this.