Green Army

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by tdaly, Jul 14, 2009.

1. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, for those who think we're being too hard on the coach, take a look at this:

For those that don't speak Spanish, "Fuera Mora" is "Fire Mora." He was fired after their 6-2 loss against a vastly superior Mexican team during the CONCACAF Champions League. Compare that to our season here and it's pretty tame. Underwood is getting off easy and getting the soft treatment from most of us. Imagine what it would be like at a Browns game late in the season if they were 1-12 or something. Someone can post a translation of the article above if they like. I don't have the time.

I've embedded the video mentioned above below:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFkl96fn4LU"]YouTube - Afición Herediana Fustrada www.mariosegura.com[/ame]

2. tdaly

tdaly New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can tell you for a fact, Mark had no choice but to resign. One day I will tell you the true story behind this and why he was forced to go.

3. billy bright

billy bright New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he was forced to resign???:cool:

4. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't work for the team anymore. Why don't you tell us now?

I doubt you had to sign any confidentiality agreement.

Why should we believe what you have to say anyway?

Btw, at least he resigned instead of just deciding to not show up anymore.

5. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. Maybe if they raffled off the chance to hit Ride Onthewood in the face with a pie, it might be worth it. Or since he just sits motionless for 90 minutes anyway, have him sit on a dunk tank. Any player who knocks him into the water gets free Chick-Fil-A.

(Miami FC plays in Lockhart? Isn't that where the Fusion played? In Ft. Lauderdale? Isn't playing in Ft. Lauderdale while calling themselves "Miami" a big reason why the Fusion failed? Seems some folks don't learn from history.)

------RM

7. Islanders4Ever

Islanders4Ever New Member

May 1, 2008
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Hey guys,

This took a while but we enjoyed our trip to Cleveland a few weeks ago. We didn't get to hang out much with the Green Army but we did get to chat with a couple of members.

Here's a pic from the game

;)

[​IMG]

8. Islanders4Ever

Islanders4Ever New Member

May 1, 2008
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Oh and don't know if any of you guys are planning on making a trip to Columbus next week for the Islanders vs Crew Champions League match - but if you are, let me know.

We're planning a trip there so feel free to join us. USL-1 pride! ;)

We'll have group ticket rates and our own section, so check for more info:

www.legionextranjera.islanders.com

9. tylerdaly

tylerdaly New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Hi everyone,

This is Tyler Daly, the former employee of the Cleveland City Stars. It recently came to my attention that someone created an account with the user name of "tdaly" and chose to make some comments that were intended to seem as though they were made by me. I have never had a Big Soccer account, and have never posted in a Big Soccer forum until right now.

tdaly started this thread with a post that was clearly meant to incite the Green Army. Understandably, there was some backlash towards the person they thought made that statement: me.

I have a lot of respect for the support that the Green Army offers the team. On the field this season, there was not a lot to sing about, but you guys made the atmosphere inside the stadium as good as it could have possibly been. So, I would like to state that all of the posts by tdaly were not made by me, Tyler Daly.

I understand why people believed that tdaly was Tyler Daly because I was at the game on July 3rd and I was at the game on July 12th, games in which tdaly gave some observations.

For the record, I think the helicopter drop on July 3rd went terribly, and was not a great job as tdaly had stated.

I hope all of the Green Army, and all others who have followed the City Stars forum will now understand that I, Tyler Daly, would never make those comments, which were made by tdaly.

If there are any lingering questions about whether Tyler Daly's username is "tylerdaly" or "tdaly" I would like to mention that impersonation is against Big Soccer's rules, so that is why "tylerdaly" is able to state the I am Tyler Daly, whereas "tdaly" would be breaking the rules if they were to do the same thing.

I only wish to clear things up.

Sincerely,
    Tyler Daly

10. billy bright

billy bright New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it really matter??? The team stunk anyways.

11. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not saying every post has to have a point or be constructive, but no need to be negative there Billy. Aren't you a fan of the City Stars? If not, I would count your post as trolling.

Carry on.