Great College Soccer Atmospheres

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by nrmnby, Feb 8, 2017.

1. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Lots of great fields and fans discussed in this tread. One thing I don't care for is the track around the pitch. Puts the fans too far away from the field. Maryland compensates with one side of the field and behind both goals on right the track. But I still like when the stands don't have a track between then and the fans. Penn State has a beautiful setting and pitch, and usually decent attendance, and plans for a new stadium to replace the bleachers now in place.

Current:
    upload_2017-9-14_0-26-53.png

Planned:
    upload_2017-9-14_0-27-33.png

OverseasView and TimB4Last repped this.
  2. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recently have seen Ohio State, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Kentucky. Very social atmospheres. Okay crowds, but none really that interested in the game. Ohio State and Louisville had an okay student section of a couple hundred, but that was it.

Louisville stadium is incredible. Kentucky's too, rain may have kept a better crowd away? I expected more from Louisville, honestly.

OverseasView repped this.
  3. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
  4. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just going to mention something about what they are calling the Dodge Street Derby. One thing I like about Omaha is it has like 10 players from Nebraska on the team (compared to Creighton's one).

Looks like you can stream it here:

http://omavs.com/watch/?Live=11&type=Live

5. JayPak

JayPak Member

Sep 7, 2013
    DKs0kjnVoAAuW_M.jpg
    Creighton's road victory at Omaha was a great atmosphere!

bhoys, OverseasView and MonagHusker repped this.
  6. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you make it to a lot of Creighton or Omaha games? I have yet to be -- never quite works out with the kids' sports schedules.

7. Jogaman12

Jogaman12 New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 18, 2017
    Some great crowds and venues but I think Villa Drum Squad at the University of Portland has got to be mentioned with all of the above.

OverseasView and TimB4Last repped this.
  8. familyfirst

familyfirst Member

Newcastle United
    Norway
    Aug 7, 2017
    Heard the Georgetown vs. St. John's Men's Soccer match in Belson Stadium this past Saturday was an outstanding college atmosphere. (Large Crowd, Band Playing, etc, etc

9. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GA Southern is one that is doing better. The program has come a long way from a few years ago, and the crowds are starting to show up. Not in similar numbers, but they are slowly building a culture. UVU has a great plan in place to make soccer the key sport in the fall, and as mentioned, GCU is the only DI program in the state.