Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is true of course, but I also feel like Bale may get more time up top this season.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane looks like he barely recognizes him and Nacho looks like he's about to ******** him up to impress Isco.

Doni, S1na, yoanaidarov and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In a way, I am sad that both Morata and Jese did not succeed over here. I had high hopes of them when they were with Castilla.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If we replace Morata with Mbappe, it's a pretty significant upgrade in talent. That said, can't help but feel a sense of disappointment and sadness that it didn't work out for him here. And it's definitely not because he lacked anything or didn't put in the effort. I wish him all the best, and I really hope he succeeds in England. He's a good dude that did what was asked of him, always, and never once complained.

-Reivax-, Doni, HZinho and 11 others repped this.
  5. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

fair enough

6. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sad day, which we always knew was coming

7. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I really believe Morata will succeed in England. It just wasn't meant to be here for him. Disappointing how this all played out.

8. MorataIsClutch

Mar 12, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a shame. Benzema had an awful season and they refused to give morata the chance he earned and deserved. Sad to see him go. When he lights it up for chelsea and benzema breaks down then Real Madrid will realize what a mistake they made. Best of luck in chelsea

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  9. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I have said my piece about Morata and admittedly trolling a little but happy that he has gone to a top Premier League team where he is almost guaranteed to start. All the best Morata. Do Madrid and Casilla proud.

10. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata speaking to Marca:

I am very happy, god willing, tomorrow I will be at Chelsea, a club that has always admired me," the 24-year-old told MARCA as he left the camp.

His departure from the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu after returning from Juventus is all but confirmed, and so the striker is confident he won't one day be heading back to Real.

"Again, I do not think I'm going back to Madrid, I find it difficult and for now it's not something that I am considering." he stated.

"It was clear that the goal was to leave, it's been a fairly strange summer and until I pass the medical examination, I'm not going to be calm."

Travelling to England offers a fresh new challenge for the Spain International who would have found it difficult to break into Zinedine Zidane's starting XI this upcoming campaign.

"I hope that I do well at Chelsea," he added.

"I'm going to grow up, if not I would not have gone."

As for his coach, there are no hard feelings towards the Frenchman.

"I told him thank you very much for everything and good luck for this year," said Morata.

And finally, Chelsea's new hitman acknowledged the Madrid faithful who will be disappointed again by the academy graduate's departure.

"Many thanks to all the Madridistas who have supported me once more, I will always wish the best to Madrid," he said.

--------------
    Classy, I hope he succeeds at Chelsea and makes us all proud. Grande Alvaro Morata

Eddie and S1na repped this.
  11. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I think Morata wouldn't have stayed even if Benzema was sold because of the option of Mbappe coming. He was never going to be a starter here so there was no other option but to leave.

I always said he's not and never will be good enough to be a starter for us but he's also the best striker we can have coming of the bench. It would be a huge blow for the team to go into the new season without a proper replacement, but I don't think there's a chance of that happening. It will be Mbappe or some last minute short term signing.

Açores57 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Damn, gotta say it hit me hard watching this. I'm really sad he didn't work out here, specially because he's leagues above Benzema. Such a talented and likeable player, he deserved the first spot in the team.

Wish him the best at Chelsea.

CR7PT, madridista_hr, saadomar and 2 others repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I gotta say, considering they were in a pretty bad spot, both Morata and James behaved very professionally with a couple of small exceptions here and there.

Classy guys, wish them nothing but the best... except when they face us :D.

Shay Z, saadomar, surgeon and 2 others repped this.
  14. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He needs to stop being so classy now he's playing for the chavs or else he's not going to fit in.

Shay Z, 9Qui and Digital repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With this purchase, a lot of outlets are comparing both this transfer and the Lukaku transfer.

I love Morata as much as the next guy, but Lukaku is getting a lot of nasty criticism and unwarranted disrepect. People talking about Romelu as if he's an idiot who can't play and Morata is a genius. Some subtle racism going on

16. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Great logic there, the people that rate Morata over Lukaku are racists. :sleep:

9Qui repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading comprehension fail. I rate Morata over Lukaku, but people are talking about the latter in a manner that's vitriolic. Not in this forum, I'm talking about pundits.

18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I don't think racism's got anything to do with it.

19. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People love throwing out the rasicm card for anything these days

At the end of day united are paying 90 million for a player thats barely an upgrade on 36 year old zlatan.Lukaku has poor touch , poor technique, not good in tight spaces and if you took 90 percent of hes goals away last year for everton , they would have still finished 7th .

Morata is the much better player.

20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree with any of this. But when pundits say things like "he has no intelligence at all," "Morata understands, Lukaku doesn't", "His body is already worn down" (at 24 years old)

Some things need to be worded better

Digital repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel you. It's a little much.

Digital and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  22. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No they don't. You need to stop misinterpreting them.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Which one is the racist part?

azriel, ahnaf and yoanaidarov repped this.
  24. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1524 azriel, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Its 2017 bro. Everything is racist.

Well shit son, if you need to get told by the cops SIX times to keep it down and still dont listen, he's ain't understanding much is he?

yoanaidarov repped this.
  25. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Damn it, you should have stayed, stupid! :(
    Good luck at England, though....